Carnival no longer serving Lobster on 5 day or shorter cruises!

CruizinMama1026

Really disappointing:

I have grown to really enjoy lobster night.

As per John Heald:

"Yes it is true but only on certain cruises. We've had to discontinue serving lobster on cruises of 5 days or less due to the significant increase in the cost of lobster. Discontinuing lobster on short cruises will allow us to continue offering our cruises at great value.

So, effective with sailings of 5 days or less departing 19th September 2015, we are adjusting our main dining room dinner menu that is offered on Elegant Night. We will be providing new cuisine options as follows:

Appetizer: Broiled Sea Scallops with Truffled Risotto and Citrus Gremolata appetizer

Entrees: Blue Crab Ravioli in a Light Lobster Cream with Vodka

Oven Baked Japanese Sea Bass with Nicoise Sauce and Aromatic Basmati Rice

Grilled Jumbo Shrimp with Special Marinara Sauce and Mustard Potatoes

Roasted Duck with Orange Glaze and Au Gratin Potatoes

Other guest favorites including Tender Roasted Prime Rib, Barbecued St. Louis Spare Ribs and Zucchini and Eggplant Parmigiana will continue to be offered as well.

This does not affect voyages of 6 days or longer, lobster will continue to be offered once each cruise on the Elegant Night menu.

Thanks and let me know if you have further questions

cheers"

Edited by CruizinMama1026

I used to look forward to lobster night until I ate lobster in Maine! I don't think I'll ever eat an overcooked /defrosted ship lobster again!

With that said, I understand those folks who may miss it.

I suppose you guys will just have to start booking longer cruises. Just one more day(6 instead of 5) will get your lobster back.

well, lobster was one of the remaining crustacean types of food I could still eat-developing allergies to seafood as I get older, so I am sad, it was low calorie, it was on my diabetic diet, and it wasn't that bad for frozen lobster-

but since I always thought that the BBQ ribs were good, guess I will go over to the "messy side"-some one please tell me why they have the messiest meal on the formal nights?

Wow I would rather have this menu instead of the lobster....;)

I think WAY too much is made of lobster night......

Totally agree with you. Their lobster is of the spiny lobster variety, and is not very good anyway. I'd rather have prime rib than what they call lobster.

JH says that lobster will still be available for the "nominal" price of $20 per person on ships w/o the steakhouse. :rolleyes:

I'm booked on an eight-day, but will greatly miss lobster on my short cruises with friends. On the bright side, the ravioli does sound good.

Yes, instead if unlimited lobster tails, we will sell you one for $20.

Celebrity stopped serving whole lobster tails on short cruises several years ago. They had a lobster risotto instead. It was our last Celebrity cruise, but that's not the reason we haven't sailed that line since. I don't know if they've reinstated whole lobster tails or not.

wow, just got off a 4 day carnival on Monday. SO HAPPY I got the lobster! I had 3 lobsters and the prime rib on formal night. Very disappointed they are taking away the lobster. I agree that it's been a staple of cruising for years. Luckily, my next cruise is 8 days so I will still get the lobster next cruise. But VERY sad to see this go. I might pay $20 for "unlimited" lobster ... but to pay $20 for just one of those tiny lobsters seems very overpriced.

All cruise lines could drop lobster in its entirety and it wouldn't be a loss.

If you were standing next to a stinking dumpster and a foot long bug climbed out of said stinking dumpster, would your first thought be YUM?

Then why do you think that for lobsters/shrimp/crabs?

All cruise lines could drop lobster in its entirety and it wouldn't be a loss.

If you were standing next to a stinking dumpster and a foot long bug climbed out of said stinking dumpster, would your first thought be YUM?

Then why do you think that for lobsters/shrimp/crabs?

Now the ocean is a dumpster?.............:eek:

But I can and do say those "bugs" are sure tasty!!! ;)

Edited by RaiderFaninNM