Upgrade to Concierge Guarantee?

MICKEYK1

It would depend on $400 per person or $400 for the two of you. Also what ship. Concierge cabins are larger than veranda cabins on M class ships but same size on Solstace class. If on Solstace class I would definitely think there was almost nothing to gain. If $200 per person then would discuss with my DW and let her decide if on a M class ship. Give her the choice of spending the money or having a bit larger cabin.

Would you pay $400 to upgrade to Concierge Guarantee from a 2C. Happy with my current cabin even though partially obstructed. Help me off of the

fence!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

Possibly on an M Class ship where the Concierge cabins are larger. Absolutely "NO" on a S Class ship. The only advantage on he S Class is the extra 2 points per day if you need the points to reach a higher loyalty level.

Edited by Orator

I am in the same boat about whether I should pay extra $4250 for Concierge Guarantee but I have a 1C and decent location.

The only reason I was thinking about upgrading is the extra CC points I would get. I am not sure the rest of the perks matters much to me.

I think that if the gap goes down to something like $200 I might do it but even then I might need to really think about it.

Interested in hearing what others think.

Possibly on an M Class ship where the Concierge cabins are larger. Absolutely "NO" on a S Class ship. The only advantage on he S Class is the extra 2 points per day if you need the points to reach a higher loyalty level.

You just answered what I was thinking. Only perk for me would be extra points. Maybe I will just stay put with what I have.

We have been in the Concierge class on the Equinox and it was nothing different from just a Balcony. I don't think it's worth it for the bottle of wine and the appetizers each night. They weren't great anyway. Don't spend the money,

I've never sailed Celebrity before, so I'm very curious about the differences between veranda and concierge. I read one of the perks with concierge class is priority embarkation and disembarkation. Is this correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes priority embarkation is listed as a perk. The reality is over 1/2 the ship has priority which boils down to dedicated lines in the check-in hall. Really not an issue as sometimes the non-priority line is shorter.

For disembarkation Concierge class is invited to a separate lounge to wait for your assigned time. There is no other priority involved.

Concierge class while have a few perks are categorized as special as they can be in somewhat better locations, like mid ship and higher decks. As others state on "M" class ships they are about 20 sq ft larger which is very important to me.

I am in the same boat about whether I should pay extra $4250 for Concierge Guarantee but I have a 1C and decent location.

The only reason I was thinking about upgrading is the extra CC points I would get. I am not sure the rest of the perks matters much to me.

I think that if the gap goes down to something like $200 I might do it but even then I might need to really think about it.

Interested in hearing what others think.

Really? You would pay $4250 dollars for extra points? If you have that much disposable income you can more than afford to pay for laundry, internet minutes and for cocktails that they serve in the elite cocktail lounge between 5 and 7. I would rather take an additional cruise with that money but that's just me. I cruise because I enjoy it not to achieve some marketing status ploy.

I've never sailed Celebrity before, so I'm very curious about the differences between veranda and concierge. I read one of the perks with concierge class is priority embarkation and disembarkation. Is this correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is something that SOUNDS great but in reality is pretty much meaningless.

Really? You would pay $4250 dollars for extra points? If you have that much disposable income you can more than afford to pay for laundry, internet minutes and for cocktails that they serve in the elite cocktail lounge between 5 and 7. I would rather take an additional cruise with that money but that's just me. I cruise because I enjoy it not to achieve some marketing status ploy.

Haha! $425! I was probably on my phone when i typed this! It is pretty obvious that it was a typo, especially after I said that even $200 extra might still make me think about it.

Edited by Sandy1975

• 10 months later...

It's $675 all-in difference between our current ocean view to concierge guarantee on a port-intensive 10-day Eastern Mediterranean cruise on S-class ship. I checked the room availability and only accessible C3 cabins are open. Quite tempting, really.

It's $675 all-in difference between our current ocean view to concierge guarantee on a port-intensive 10-day Eastern Mediterranean cruise on S-class ship. I checked the room availability and only accessible C3 cabins are open. Quite tempting, really.

Look at the perks. We just upgraded on the Eclipse Nov 27 this year xc veranda to C2 for $550 and received on top of our initial pick 2 ( select drink and Grats) upgrade to Premium drinks, 300 OBC and unlimited internet. For us it was worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Same here Alberta. Upgraded to CC to get the perks I intended to get anyway. Got a way better cabin location too. Totally worth it. CC perks alone are not worth it but combined with the go best package it's definitely worth it

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You can always upgrade. Most people do so if they find a good deal. I upgraded from a C2 to an S1 aft for 300 for both of us. It does take time to continually watch the prices and check Celebrity a lot. Some TA's are very helpful and will let you know if something like a price reduction or state residency reduction is available etc. However, most TA's do not. That is left up to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums