Staggered Boarding

dsfitz

We got an email from Carnival that our cruise has staggered Boarding and we were given a boarding "window" of 1230 to 130. Has anyone else seen this? Not really a big deal but curious about it as I have not seen it before.

I am not trying to be snarky, but there are so many threads on this topic that if you had done a search you could make your own decision based on what your letter said.

Do what you want, as I do, but if you arrive earlier and there is a wait, then it's only you to blame. I haven't had a problem arriving earlier, but there are times when there is a problem.

There have been cruisers who have made complaints about having to wait for long periods of time and that is what I am saying.

I always tend to be at the port by 10:30 so I can eat lunch on board.

I am booked on the Pride Journey's cruise. It arrives back in Baltimore at 10:00 am. I'm assuming that means that our debarkation will be quite a bit later than usual. People boarding after us will have quite a wait if they arrive early.

I'm always at the port by 10:30. Last cruise I got a phone call and they told me to be there at 12:30. But, I had FTTF. I was legitimately confused because FTTF was brand new at the time and I really didn't know what I was supposed to do. The agent that called me specifically told me that these calls are made at random and theres no bearing made as to whether you have platinum status, diamond status, or FTTF. She said they are made at random. So I would think when you arrive to port, just arrive when you want. If those calls are made at random, they would have no idea when you are supposed to actually be there. Heck, if they don't know you have FTTF or priority boarding when they make the call, they can't be that organized at the port!

I am not trying to be snarky, but there are so many threads on this topic that if you had done a search you could make your own decision based on what your letter said.

Is it groundhog day? This thread seems to come up every day!

Reading/browsing is a lost art. sigh

Do what you want, as I do, but if you arrive earlier and there is a wait, then it's only you to blame. I haven't had a problem arriving earlier, but there are times when there is a problem.

There have been cruisers who have made complaints about having to wait for long periods of time and that is what I am saying.

Holly cow... Do you need some frozen yogurt and a nap? This person came on the boards and asked a legitimate question. It might be the first time they have cruised since Carnival starting sending these notices out.

You also know that at least half the questions people ask on here can be found in the FAQ section or from the website. If you've set a goal to go after these people I'd suggest a 5 Hour Energy drink. You are going to be busy...

Edited by BallFour4

Show up whenever you want. And if you show up and are forced to wait, then go ahead and come on here & complain. I have no problem with that at all. Some people might, and they have just as much right to flame you as you have to complain, but you certainly are allowed to complain. That's because Carnival has become the "cruiseline that cried wolf" with these calls/emails to show up later. And it has backfired at times, making it horribly busy at around 1:00-2:00 on some sailings, while those that showed up at 11:00 were small in number. I have actually seen several reports of that happening.

I have personally never seen anyone complain on here about being forced to wait after they were told to show up later, so I don't know why so many people feel led to give the warning that you'd better not complain. Those warnings are on every one of these threads, so it seems to be a huge pet peeve for some people. They must be seeing things that I never do, but I'm not on these boards all the time.

Edited by k2excursion