Is the Breeze REALLY That Bad?!?

dr11743

I have not seen negativity about the Breeze.

Maybe I am oblivious.

Like I said, this will be our 3rd time on her and I wouldn't spend all the money on something that I didn't think was worth it.. 3 times.

Surfjock, I think you misunderstood me. I meant "have you seen some of the things people complain about?":eek: as in wow people complain about the silliest things, therefore I agree that we SHOULD take people's opinions with a grain of salt.:D People complain about the darnedest things. I think I read one review where the reviewer was sooooo upset that she couldn't find someone to clip a hole in her sign & sail card for a lanyard....

The fact that you have sailed on her three times does further convince me that she is worth it -- in addition to all of the positive reviews I have read about her. :)

Really? We love the Breeze. We've sailed her twice now, most recently in September. Just remember what bothers someone else may not bother you and vice versa. The Breeze is a beautiful ship and we've always had the best time on her. I'm very curious what people are complaining about that has you nervous.

Surfjock, I think you misunderstood me. I meant "have you seen some of the things people complain about?":eek: as in wow people complain about the silliest things, therefore I agree that we SHOULD take people's opinions with a grain of salt.:D People complain about the darnedest things. I think I read one review where the reviewer was sooooo upset that she couldn't find someone to clip a hole in her sign & sail card for a lanyard....

The fact that you have sailed on her three times does further convince me that she is worth it -- in addition to all of the positive reviews I have read about her. :)

Well, we are going to have SO much fun in just 48 short days!

Are you ready?

Hi All! We've been reading over the most recent review for the Breeze and I'm getting a littler nervous :confused:. The reviews have gone way downhill since we first reserved our spot back in April. We are currently booked on the Breeze on Feb 27, 8 Day Eastern Caribbean to St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Antigua, and DR. BUT, the new reviews are going downhill.

We have just found an alternative 8 Day on the Sunshine that goes to St. Maarten, Grand Turk, San Juan, and St. Kitts.

Anyone been on both boats and have an opinion, or love one set of ports better than the other? We sailed the Liberty in February 2015 and loved it, so I'm fearful of being disappointed this go-round. Thanks!!

If you are "nervous" about Breeze, you have a problem.:eek:

We loved the Breeze, I'm sure you will have a great time.

Our only complaint is the sewer smell in the aft that gets worse ever passing day. Recent reviews complain about this still so I'm guessing it's still there. This in no way will ruin your cruise, I would sail her again but just not book an aft cabin.

Edited by Midwestgal

I've been on 20 cruises and the Breeze is hands-down my favorite ship! We were on her in May and had a fantastic time. The only complaint out of the ones that I've seen from others that I agree with is the small pools. It was kind of comedic because you literally couldn't take two steps in any direction without bumping into someone else when you were in the pool! Didn't ruin my cruise by any means. Service was fantastic too!

The original poster didn't give any details about their age or whether or not they have kids... nor did they say what kind of things really stood out in their mind about the Carnival Liberty... so it's hard to get a read on what kinds of things are important to them.

I have sailed on both the Breeze (twice) and the Sunshine (once) and there is a very important difference to understand between the two ships.

The Carnival Sunshine does not have an aft pool. So, if the original poster is someone who loved the peace and quiet of the aft pool on the Carnival Liberty... they would find a similar quiet place on Carnival Breeze but not on Carnival Sunshine. I had a real problem finding a quiet outdoor area to hang out on Carnival Sunshine, since the serenity retreat is not serene (too close to the noise of the mid-ship pool) and there is no aft pool. On the Conquest-class ships and on the Carnival Breeze, my favorite quiet place to hang out is the aft pool area. There simply is no such place on the Carnival Sunshine.

With all that said, however, the Carnival Sunshine (for now, at least) has one huge thing going for it: Carnival's best Cruise Director, Jaime Dee. I don't know how long she'll be on the Carnival Sunshine... but the fact that she's there makes the Carnival Sunshine a very attractive ship to me. She totally changed the tone of my vacation by being the most superb Cruise Director I had ever sailed with.

We liked the Breeze so much that we booked another on her ASAP after the 1st cruise on her.

She is a beautiful ship with a great staff, in our experiences.

Some people complain some don't at all. All types on CC.

Every ship is different, as is every cruise.

None will be perfect, but they all hold the opportunity for relaxation, fun, sun, food, drinks and whatever else you are looking for.

We always go with reasonable expectations and have not been disappointed yet!

I booked the Breeze for March 2016 first time on her but 14th Carnival Cruise. Always excited to be away and just do what I want to do when I want to do it. As many have said - A Day on Sea beats any day on land. - Just remember you are there to enjoy yourself don't sweat the small stuff and be open to enjoying and experiencing the moment. Let this be your first "Real vacation after landing your first job" celebrate that. Have fun:) I know I will :D

Unless something dramatic happened since we sailed on her, you are going to have a great cruise on the Breeze! It was hands down my favorite cruise on Carnival. Loved the 2.0 features and food venues. Staff was great, ship was easy to navigate, tons of fun activities or tons of places to hide out and do nothing:D! Go with an upbeat mindset and have fun. Sometimes the negative reviews seem to get people looking for negatives, and those that do so will find them and neglect the positive opportunities!

Have a great cruise!! I would most definitely sail on her again. The only reason we did not book her for our next one is that we are leaving the kids at home for it and they had such a blast on the Breeze that I would have a mutiny on my hands if I didn't bring them with!

Do not move to the Sunshine. It has it's own set of negative reviews. All ships do. We sailed Breeze last July (14) and Sunshine this past Jan (15). Make your own mind up and remember that most people that have a great cruise don't write a review, while a small handful of complainers do write reviews. Sure, there are valid complaints documented. On a mega ship it's important to plan ahead and arrive early to entertainment, meals, activities, etc., and to expect large crowds. Breeze was one of our best cruises, sailed her on our 25th. Have fun!!

I have been on several cruises on Carnival and have sailed on the Breeze twice. The first was March 2015 Eastern Caribbean. I had a suite with my sister and daughters, ages 15 and 18. Beautiful stateroom that was spacious so that 4 women could be in the room without going crazy getting ready or living together for a week! The second was March of this year Southern Caribbean. My sister and I had a spa balcony room and we loved it! It was quiet and having access to the spa was great. It was a quick walk to the serenity deck which was wonderful on sea days. I will be on the Sunshine in March next year only because my sister and I enjoy trying different ships. I think with anything people complain. It's all about having your own experience! :)

We were on the Breeze back in April so cant comment on recent stuff but I will just reiterate what others said....first, take others reviews with a grain of salt. Every ship will have "issues" that irritate someone and then they will post that the entire thing was awful. Its a newer ship and your on a CRUISE!!! Enjoy!!

I will agree with what someone above said about the pools. They are too small for such a large ship. Every time we went up, other than at night, BOTH were shoulder to shoulder people. You could basically stand in the water and bounce up and down or sway with the rocking of the ship. And then due to the slathering on of lotion (or so Im told), the water was so cloudy you could barely see your feet.

We had a good time on her and wouldn't hesitate to book a cruise on her again.

A cruise is what you make of it. What bothers someone else may mean nothing to you.

Hi All! We've been reading over the most recent review for the Breeze and I'm getting a littler nervous :confused:. The reviews have gone way downhill since we first reserved our spot back in April. We are currently booked on the Breeze on Feb 27, 8 Day Eastern Caribbean to St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Antigua, and DR. BUT, the new reviews are going downhill.

We have just found an alternative 8 Day on the Sunshine that goes to St. Maarten, Grand Turk, San Juan, and St. Kitts.

Anyone been on both boats and have an opinion, or love one set of ports better than the other? We sailed the Liberty in February 2015 and loved it, so I'm fearful of being disappointed this go-round. Thanks!!

Hey I am on this cruise too!

I can't wait and have no reservations about it. It will be our 2nd time on the Breeze (exactly one year after our first breeze cruise- same cabin even).

I would not worry about the negative reviews, just prepare for an awesome 8 days!

Hi, everyone! I want to thank all of you who took time to write in a respectful manner. We don't have kids and we're fairly young, but still enjoy the peace and quiet by the pool on the Serenity Deck.

You have all eased my mind and we can't wait for February 27!!:D