LIVE – Anthem’s First Trip to the Caribbean Picture Review 11/10/15

Kcjarvis

Kcjarvis,

Thank you for a great review and photos.

Just joining in and we are really loving it.

The pictures are amazing, thanks.

Question for you, (sorry if you have posted on this already)

Back at Cape Liberty, did they finished the new parking garage yet?

We were there back in April for a cruise on Quantum, and

the terminal was done but not the parking garage.

Really looking forward to our Anthem cruise in December.

Thanks again for keeping this blog so interesting.

Yes the parking garage is finished and open. We sailed on Liberty on October 22 and we were the first cruisers to use it. It's still $19 a day and you pull in right after you drop off your luggage. It's right next to the terminal.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Edited by CruisingChick

Yes the parking garage is finished and open. We sailed on Liberty on October 22 and we were the first cruisers to use it. It's still $19 a day and you pull in right after you drop off your luggage. It's right next to the terminal.

Thanks for the info.

Glad to hear that the parking garage is done.

Will be happy to use it next month when we cruise Anthem.

Thanks for the info.

It's so much nicer that parking in those horrid lots and once you get your luggage and exit the terminal the garage is right there.

I'm just wondering if when both ships are sailing out of Bayone (Celebrity Summit and RCCL Anthem) if we will all be able to park in the garage.

Edited by CruisingChick

Thanks, Ken, for the Boatyard info. Sounds good to us!!

Angelsea57, I understand the garage is finished. We'll be there in March!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are also sailing on 3/27/16 on Anthem and I agree Boatyard sounds good. We usually take Royal Caribbean tours ( nervous about going on our own) but this sound good.

It's so much nicer that parking in those horrid lots and once you get your luggage and exit the terminal the garage is right there.

I'm just wondering if when both ships are sailing out of Bayonne (Celebrity Summit and RCCL Anthem) if we will all be able to park in the garage.

Seems like it will probably depend on when you get there since I doubt they have enough room for cars from both cruises. Maybe they will have separate levels allocated to the different ships?

Edited by MisterBill99

Thanks for the info.

Seems like it will probably depend on when you get there since I doubt they have enough room for cars from both cruises. Maybe they will have separate levels allocated to the different ships?

Another option is to get a hotel stay, park and cruise package especially if you are driving from a distance as we are.

trinityreservations dot com offers a package for the Ramada at Newark Liberty airport that includes up to four in a room, parking for up to 21 days in a gated, fenced in lot and return shuttle to/from the port for $202 taxes included. Your prepaid reservation is even refundable if cancelled prior to noon the day before your stay. This site's information indicates this hotel is 8 miles from the cruise port.

It was cheaper for us to get this package that to park at the port for our upcoming 12 night Jan.3rd Anthem cruise which would cost us $228. Granted this isn't so for a shorter length cruise if you live close to Bayonne and don't really need a hotel room the night before your cruise. We did likewise when we drove in for our X Silhouette 12 night cruise in Jan.2012 and were very pleased we did so. ;)

We typically fly out of Buffalo, NY to get to US cruise home ports and we prefer longer cruises or B2B ones if doing shorter ones and always do stay, park and fly packages as the cost is much less than parking only at BUF. After our Freedom cruises last month we stay the hotel stay the night our return as we had an late evening return flight.

Edited by robtulipe

Ken just advised via his 'Periscope Breaking News Segment' that due to 4 Medical Emergencies, the Anthem will arrive early tonight at 8pm in Bayonne.

Just messaged our Son (Jon) who is on his Honeymoon Cruise on the Anthem, and they haven't released any further information, other than confirming what KC reported that no one can depart the ship tonight.

Hope all turns out well with those involved in the Medical Emergencies...

I'm just wondering if when both ships are sailing out of Bayone (Celebrity Summit and RCCL Anthem) if we will all be able to park in the garage.

Nice to know, thanks!

Don't know the answer to that.

How many floors does the new parking garage have??

Maybe it's big enough for guess from both ships.

Ken just advised via his 'Periscope Breaking News Segment' that due to 4 Medical Emergencies, the Anthem will arrive early tonight at 8pm in Bayonne.

Just messaged our Son (Jon) who is on his Honeymoon Cruise on the Anthem, and they haven't released any further information, other than confirming what KC reported that no one can depart the ship tonight.

Hope all turns out well with those involved in the Medical Emergencies...

Oh, that's not good.

I think they were supposed to get back to port on Monday or Tuesday right??

That's sad.

Edited by Angelsea57

It was cheaper for us to get this package that to park at the port for our upcoming 12 night Jan.3rd Anthem cruise which would cost us $228. Granted this isn't so for a shorter length cruise if you live close to Bayonne and don't really need a hotel room the night before your cruise. We did likewise when we drove in for our X Silhouette 12 night cruise in Jan.2012 and were very pleased we did so. ;)

I live around 1.5 hours from the port, and we're on your cruise and I also parked at a hotel before our Silhouette cruise (a month earlier than you). At that time we had to pay for the shuttle to the pier but it still ended up being cheaper than parking at the port.

I am going to park at the port this time because of the garage, which I think is a game changer. If one of the EWR hotels with a park and sail package had a garage, I'd definitely park there. Of course, you're from Buffalo so any snow we might get while on the cruise will be nothing for you!

I'm a bit surprised at the timing. I know that the schedule typically brings the ship into the area and possibly into port around 4 or 5am, despite the 7am arrival noted.

I was surprised that they were able to get in around 9pm, 7 or 8 hrs faster.

How much to they slow the ship down on the last day or so?

Could they squeeze a 9 night NY - Caribbean itinerary into 7 days given this information?

They were traveling at full speed 23 knots the entire way home. I am sure that eats up a lot more fuel than going the 12 to 15 knots they usually go. Can they get there in 7 days, probably, but I doubt that they want to run the ship at full speed on a regular basis.