LIVE – Anthem’s First Trip to the Caribbean Picture Review 11/10/15

Kcjarvis

I have already booked the 3 shows for our January cruise. Did you have any guest entertainers? How many? Did you have to book reservations for these shows ahead of the cruise? RC doesn't seem to be able to answer these questions for me. On the Quantum I had to book the 3 entertainers prior to the cruise and then make some adjustments to my dinner times.

Thanks for the informative review.

Hi.. I've got another request. Can you check the souvenir penny machine that I understand is at American Icon Grill and see whether it actually requires you to put in 2 quarters in addition to the penny, or if those are filled with dummy coins and all you need is the penny? Previous cruisers when Anthem sailed from the UK said all you needed was the penny, but the RC blog guy said you needed quarters. I'm hoping he is wrong and that they did not change it.

Thanks!

Edited by MisterBill99

Hi.. I've got another request. Can you check the souvenir penny machine that I understand is at American Icon Grill and see whether it actually requires you to put in 2 quarters in addition to the penny, or if those are filled with dummy coins and all you need is the penny? Previous cruisers when Anthem sailed from the UK said all you needed was the penny, but the RC blog guy said you needed quarters. I'm hoping he is wrong and that they did not change it.

Thanks!

On the Quantum it was free--only your own penny.

On the Quantum it was free--only your own penny.

Thanks, I know it was free on Quantum. The blog guy was on one of the Anthem pre-innaugurals at the beginning of the month and posted that it was 51c, but that may have been because the sign said 51c (which the standard ones do) and he didn't look carefully. The picture he posted had the coin slot pushed in. He didn't actually try it himself.

Edited by MisterBill99

Thanks!

It was free last month during our cruise to the Canaries. Plenty of pennies to choose from, and 4 choices.

I'm enjoying all your pictures!

Two questions... I had heard that Jamies Italian had gone Al a Carte. I don't see prices on the menu. Is it back to just being a restaurant with a surcharge?

Also, what was the card you showed for the Northstar with a 1 on it? Can you book now or did you get that because of your status?

Jaimes is back to just being a surcharge.

Not sure about the card and the 1 but, we are on Anthem next week and we were able to book Northstar in the cruise planner about 2-3 weeks ago. The slots available on-line were limited and seemed to be gone fairly quickly so not sure they decided to stop doing it or if the plan was pretty limited slots for now.

Also, what was the card you showed for the Northstar with a 1 on it? Can you book now or did you get that because of your status?

we're on anthem dec 12 and were able to pre-book northstar using the cruise planner, but only two port days were available for that pre-booking. i guess the rest will be first come first served.

Is there a Coke Freestyle Machine on Anthem? My husband is dying to know since he loved having it on Freedom of the Seas.

yep. a couple in the windjammer, a couple in sorrentos, one in the seaplex dog house. someone mentioned there's one in the escape room, too.

Is there a Coke Freestyle Machine on Anthem? My husband is dying to know since he loved having it on Freedom of the Seas.

yep. a couple in the windjammer, a couple in sorrentos, one in the seaplex dog house. someone mentioned there's one in the escape room, too.

Yes, the machines are in the places you noted, as well as in the anteroom of the puzzle break room, which is right down the hall from Seaplex. (Which is not very many places on a ship this size. One obvious place that lacks a machine is Cafe @Two70.)

As I've posted elsewhere, on the Anthem TA, the machines were not well maintained. All too frequently, they were totally empty or popular selections were "not available." When I mentioned this to a staff member in the Windjammer, she told me to "find a bar." :rolleyes:

Frankly, I found the whole mug thing to be a Royal PITA. Who wants to carry that around?

Edited by Turtles06

I'm enjoying all your pictures!

Two questions... I had heard that Jamies Italian had gone Al a Carte. I don't see prices on the menu. Is it back to just being a restaurant with a surcharge?

Jaimes is no longer a la carte. $20 for lunch and $39 for dinner. The North Star boarding pass is given to you after you check in for your ride. You do need a reservation.

we're on anthem dec 12 and were able to pre-book northstar using the cruise planner, but only two port days were available for that pre-booking. i guess the rest will be first come first served.

North Star booking opened up 5 days before our sailing

I have already booked the 3 shows for our January cruise. Did you have any guest entertainers? How many? Did you have to book reservations for these shows ahead of the cruise? RC doesn't seem to be able to answer these questions for me. On the Quantum I had to book the 3 entertainers prior to the cruise and then make some adjustments to my dinner times.

Thanks for the informative review.

No reservations needed for the Headliner shows

Our friends are in starboard Cabin 7708 for our Jan.3rd Anthem cruise and I see on the RCI website, but not in in the 2015/2016 cruise planner book we have, it shows the balcony for this cabin and 7308 on the port side has the symbol for an obstructed view. We would like to know what the obstruction is? Is it a cleaning platform? These are the sixth balconies from the rear on deck 7.

A shot of the rear side section of the ship would be nice, like the one you posted of the forward section balconies. The Port Liberty approach shot does seem to show an obstruction but its from quite a distance.

Thanks

Edited by robtulipe

How much was the entry to the Boatyard? We're looking to go in April. I couldn't find any prices on their website. We just want two loungers, some shade and food! Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

$15 pp includes Chair, umbrella, 1 drink, wifi and free ride back to ship.

Our friends are in starboard Cabin 7708 for our Jan.3rd Anthem cruise and I see on the RCI website, but not in in the 2015/2016 cruise planner book we have, it shows the balcony for this cabin and 7308 on the port side has the symbol for an obstructed view. We would like to know what the obstruction is? Is it a cleaning platform? These are the sixth balconies from the rear on deck 7.

A shot of the rear side section of the ship would be nice, like the one you posted of the forward section balconies. The Port Liberty approach shot does NOT seem to show an obstruction but its from quite a distance.

Thanks

See correction above.

Edited by robtulipe

Docked and jumped on the terminal shuttle

22734329548_10883353eb_c.jpg

22760413819_b2c598f71a_c.jpg

We've been on cruise stops to Barbados many times. Larger ship will typically dock further out where Anthem is shown in the shots above. There will be the shuttle bus, shown in the ship side shot above, to transport passengers to the cruise terminal which is in front of the Welcome To Barbados sign. You will need to do a U turn walk through the terminal, which has vendor stands and duty free shops, to the front entrance where you can catch a taxi to the downtown area which is west about a mile away. The Boatyard is about a 1/4 mile south of the downtown.

Edited by robtulipe