LIVE – Anthem’s First Trip to the Caribbean Picture Review 11/10/15

Kcjarvis

Sorry for requesting detailed info' date=' but did you park at Bayonne? If so, I expect you drop off your checked luggage then proceed to parking garage and was wondering if there is a connection to the terminal from the parking garage without going outside. It would be REALLY nice in the inclement weather.

Back when we cruised form Bayonne 5+ years ago, after we parked the car and finished in the terminal bldg. we were bused to the gang plank for the ship. Hubby can't do all that walking anymore.[/quote']

We didn't park. I don't think there is a connector since we saw people walking outside from the lot. Not 100% sure but will check next Sunday for you

Thanks for posting this, I'm really enjoying the photos. We were supposed to be on this cruise originally but changed to January due to work conflicts. Are you planning to eat at Devinly Decadence? If so, could you please post photos of the appetizer and dessert buffets? Thanks.

Will do

2989 Crown and Anchor Members

There are some on here who complain about what RCI is doing to the loyal cruisers and keep predicting an exodus of previous cruisers, yet, this sailing has about 70% previous cruisers (assuming they are double occupancy capacity of about 4200). I think some folks' predictions are way off. :cool:

There are some on here who complain about what RCI is doing to the loyal cruisers and keep predicting an exodus of previous cruisers, yet, this sailing has about 70% previous cruisers (assuming they are double occupancy capacity of about 4200). I think some folks' predictions are way off. :cool:

Don't forget they offered reciprocity to Celebrity cruisers (and Azamara too I guess). We have only 2 RCCL cruises under our belt but yet are Diamond members since we are Elite+ on Celebrity. Even if RCCL lost loyal cruisers they are getting overflow from Celebrity cruisers like us, who don't want to fly and are taking cruises out of Bayonne since it's only 58 miles away or who just need a change from Celebrity.

Don't forget they offered reciprocity to Celebrity cruisers (and Azamara too I guess). We have only 2 RCCL cruises under our belt but yet are Diamond members since we are Elite+ on Celebrity. Even if RCCL lost loyal cruisers they are getting overflow from Celebrity cruisers like us, who don't want to fly and are taking cruises out of Bayonne since it's only 58 miles away or who just need a change from Celebrity.

Most definitely. Many of us who are Celebrity fans and live in the NY Metro area would love to have a Silhouette class ship to sail on from NJ during the winter but alas they haven't chosen to do that since 2011. So Anthem, which many have said feels more like a Celebrity ship than RCCL, is a good substitute.

As you're perusing around the dining venues will you check and see who has cookies? I'm a cookie monster and I have loved RCCL cookies from the Café Promenade since my 1st cruise on the Voyager. Thanks. 6 more sleeps for me before I'll be on board. Woo Hooo!!

Thanks for the great review and the wonderful Periscopes. You have a lot of info about ship docking and sailaway. I enjoy sailaway all the time but I rarely get up in time to see docks. ;) So a special thanks for posting those.

Is this the video you mentioned at the beach with the CD Joff?

Edited by ILuvCruisin'

No window. I'll post a pic

You mean the round window that looked out onto the wrap-around area of the balcony? i'll be bummed if that's gone - we had an SGS on quantum, and it was quite cold for half the cruise so we were inside a lot and loved looking forward out that window. :(

oh well, i'm sure i will love the OS regardless.

We had a relaxing 1/2 day at sea. As predicted by the Capt, we arrived at the Pilot station at 2pm Atlantic standard time.

22625778059_20a844354d_c.jpg

23018003365_8402e69174_c.jpg

23004512972_0561c5bee8_c.jpg

Safely a long side at 3pm AST

22599668858_3f292c9254_b.jpg

22991953506_69e51e98b7_b.jpg

Off the ship at about 4pm

23004512502_06c0d0ec8f_c.jpg

Did the ship dock near OLD San Juan?

As you're perusing around the dining venues will you check and see who has cookies? I'm a cookie monster and I have loved RCCL cookies from the Café Promenade since my 1st cruise on the Voyager. Thanks. 6 more sleeps for me before I'll be on board. Woo Hooo!!

I'm not the OP but we were just on the Anthem TA and there were fresh baked cookies most of the day in the Windjammer at the "fresh baked" station in the front part of the buffet, as well as in Cafe Promenade. They were really wonderful; chocolate chip, mudslide, oatmeal & raisin, cranberry... Yum! :)

Enjoy your cruise!

In case it's helpful, my review of our Anthem sailing (by subject) is here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2277588

Guest maddycat
Sorry for requesting detailed info' date=' but did you park at Bayonne? If so, I expect you drop off your checked luggage then proceed to parking garage and was wondering if there is a connection to the terminal from the parking garage without going outside. It would be REALLY nice in the inclement weather.

Back when we cruised form Bayonne 5+ years ago, after we parked the car and finished in the terminal bldg. we were bused to the gang plank for the ship. Hubby can't do all that walking anymore.[/quote']

We used the garage last month. It's great and parking is still $19 a day. There is an elevator from the upper levels to the ground floor. However, you must go outside to get to the terminal.

Crown and Anchor Breakdown

2989 Crown and Anchor Members

Diamond members 898

Diamond plus 204

Pinnacle 9

Top cruiser 1446 points

WOW I have never cruised with this many D & D +

I guess the numbers are really growing.

Enjoying your review!