LIVE – Anthem’s First Trip to the Caribbean Picture Review 11/10/15

Kcjarvis

As you're perusing around the dining venues will you check and see who has cookies? I'm a cookie monster and I have loved RCCL cookies from the Café Promenade since my 1st cruise on the Voyager. Thanks. 6 more sleeps for me before I'll be on board. Woo Hooo!!

Cookies are in the Windjammer and Cafe Prom - They are wonderful - You will be happy

You mean the round window that looked out onto the wrap-around area of the balcony? i'll be bummed if that's gone - we had an SGS on quantum, and it was quite cold for half the cruise so we were inside a lot and loved looking forward out that window. :(

oh well, i'm sure i will love the OS regardless.

Quantum OS

22659086707_9050f415e2_c.jpg

Anthem OS

22659054348_1779f74775_c.jpg

Notice a difference???????? #firstworldproblems

I'm not the OP but we were just on the Anthem TA and there were fresh baked cookies most of the day in the Windjammer at the "fresh baked" station in the front part of the buffet, as well as in Cafe Promenade. They were really wonderful; chocolate chip, mudslide, oatmeal & raisin, cranberry... Yum!

I think I'm going to stop eating now. Oatmeal raisin are my favorite.

Notice a difference???????? #firstworldproblems

hahahahaha. first world problem for sure! :D

(on our first cruise as suite guests a couple of years ago our friends and i made up a whole song about our first world problems - "oh, the cushion on my lounger is only 8 inches thick" and "oh, my shrimp cocktail only has two dozen shrimp" and that kind of thing. apparently last year weird al came out with a song called "first world problems" so now we joke he was listening over our shoulders in the allure concierge lounge....)

thank you for the pictures! just the size of the room is getting me psyched - our last cruise was in a very, very cramped cabin on the ol' disney magic. it looks like in the OS i'll be able to walk around without hitting my shins on the bed or couch about 10 times a day. :)

does it look like the balcony dividers between the OSes open up? our friends are in the suite next to us and we were thinking of opening them to make one mega-balcony....

First, awesome review, and periscopes!

Overall, how would you rate the service (restaurant staff, bartenders, cabin attendants, etc) compared to other Royal ships? I've read reviews saying that service was not up to standards.

I was planning on going on a 7 night Navigator next Nov, but now I'm looking at a 5 night Anthem in Oct.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

We have just booked Anthem for March.

We booked a guarantee veranda and were given a D4 on Deck 13.

I am worried about noise from above on Deck 14. There's not much I can do except maybe move forward under the Solarium as opposed to the cabin we were given 13304 which is aft under the Windjammer.

Any advice or pictures of D4 staterooms would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much and loving your review.

We have just booked Anthem for March.

We booked a guarantee veranda and were given a D4 on Deck 13.

I am worried about noise from above on Deck 14. There's not much I can do except maybe move forward under the Solarium as opposed to the cabin we were given 13304 which is aft under the Windjammer.

Any advice or pictures of D4 staterooms would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much and loving your review.

You can asked to be put back into the pool and get a reassignment.

Loving your review. The weather is as dreary as when we sailed the Q in early Feb. except that it was cold and icy, and took us 1.15 hrs for the last mile to port. It was a sight the next am as the balcony rails were all iced up. I'm glad to see lobster tails as there was a rumor that they would be non-existent on the Anthem--I'm assuming it was at the Grande. We were pleasantly surprised that they were a special on the alternate menu in Silk.

I was so impressed with the Q windjammer and the variety of cookies, cheeses and breads was to die for.

Ps. Have you felt/noticed any creaking emanating in your cabin, theater and elevators--the Q was the creakiest ship we ever sailed.

Really, I did not know that. But will they know we don't want to be on Deck 13 if we do that?

Thanks.

I would just ask your TA to move you to another available D4 cabin that is in a better location. We're going to be in 13560 for our upcoming cruise (booked via GTY) and I think it's in a decent location in terms of noise from above.

They won't know that you don't want a D4 if you go back into the pool. And you run the risk of getting an obstructed view cabin or something worse than you have if you do.

Edited by MisterBill99

I would just ask your TA to move you to another available D4 cabin that is in a better location. We're going to be in 13560 for our upcoming cruise and I think it's in a decent location in terms of noise from above.

They won't know that you don't want a D4 if you go back into the pool.

I did e-mail our TA as soon as I found out. I think 13540 and 13564 were open.

Hoping we get something a bit better location.

I did e-mail our TA as soon as I found out. I think 13540 and 13564 were open.

Hoping we get something a bit better location.

I think that is your best option. I booked a guarantee for my 1/3/16 cruise and got lower pricing a few times so I had to go back into the pool. I started with a D8, then got a DO (after being told that they try to avoid giving DO's to GTY's), then a D4. Once I got the D4 (which amusingly was what I started at, paying the D4 rate before switching to the GTY rate), my wife told me I could not change rates anymore because she liked the cabin we got and she didn't want to end up back into a DO!

I think that is your best option. I booked a guarantee for my 1/3/16 cruise and got lower pricing a few times so I had to go back into the pool. I started with a D8, then got a DO (after being told that they try to avoid giving DO's to GTY's), then a D4. Once I got the D4 (which amusingly was what I started at, paying the D4 rate before switching to the GTY rate), my wife told me I could not change rates anymore because she liked the cabin we got and she didn't want to end up back into a DO!

If the price of this cruise drops it will probably be after final payment. Right now they are havig BOGO. We booked under the 30% off sale and got a guarantee balcony at a great price. But being on Deck 13 is not something I am thrilled about. Hopefully we can move forward.

Can I ask what is DO category?

Edited by CruisingChick

Loving your review. The weather is as dreary as when we sailed the Q in early Feb. except that it was cold and icy, and took us 1.15 hrs for the last mile to port. It was a sight the next am as the balcony rails were all iced up. I'm glad to see lobster tails as there was a rumor that they would be non-existent on the Anthem--I'm assuming it was at the Grande. We were pleasantly surprised that they were a special on the alternate menu in Silk.

I was so impressed with the Q windjammer and the variety of cookies, cheeses and breads was to die for.

Ps. Have you felt/noticed any creaking emanating in your cabin, theater and elevators--the Q was the creakiest ship we ever sailed.

Lobster was from Coastal Kitchen. Plenty of creaking and wind noise.

If the price of this cruise drops it will probably be after final payment. Right now they are havig BOGO. We booked under the 30% off sale and got a guarantee balcony at a great price. But being on Deck 13 is not something I am thrilled about. Hopefully we can move forward.

Can I ask what is DO category?

The DO is an obstructed balcony. That's something I really didn't want and was very nervous about getting on a GTY. But I chanced it and went from a D4 to a D1. After that, I wasn't chancing it anymore, no matter what the price drop was!

Really, I did not know that. But will they know we don't want to be on Deck 13 if we do that?

Thanks.

Yes, they told me that they make note of that. I was worried about getting a DO but they told me they didn't have any left so I decided to give it a try and lucked out and got a D1. They also told me if I did get a DO I could ask to be put back in the pool again.

Haven't read yet-- very excited to do so!! But I'm hoping that you can ask a question for me-- if I purchase a refreshment or replenish package on day 1, can I upgrade to ultimate later on in the cruise (say day 4 or 5 on an 8 day. I was able to do this on rhapsody but wanted to check on anthem. Thanks in advance!