Longest spent on a cruise

LEOwife

We have done several in the 30 - 60 day range - love the variety of ports and the service we get. We are doing a 180 day starting in Jan.

Long cruises are not for everyone. I remember taking a hotel shuttle a few years ago in Ft Lauderdale. The shuttle was stopping at several ships. One gentleman said which ship he was getting on and was doing a 7 day cruise and then asked another which ship he has going on. I don't remember the ship but he replied it was a 10 day cruise. The first gentleman said he could not imagine going for that long. We were about to do 42 days so decide not to say anything.

When doing long cruises it helps a lot to pace yourself as far as food and booze.

Feb & March 2015 42 nights on Celebrity Infinity.

Oct. 2015 38 nights on RCL Vision OTS.

2016 we have RCL Navigator for 50 something.

And yes, we are incredibly blessed to be able to do things like this.

We have looked at some world cruises but find there are always large portions where we have already been.

Definitely first world problem.

150+ days on the Crystal Serenity earlier this year and it was a fantastic experience.

Early in our cruising days we would take 7 day cruises and love it. Then we took a 12 days cruise and it was a wow. Then an 18 day cruise and then a back to back totaling 24 days.

We love cruising no matter the length but the longer the better for us.

Keith

How did you do a 150+ day cruise? Just curious!

I am jealous of the time people have to cruise. Unfortunately my husband had to work as we are still in our 40s. I'm "retired" but not by choice and unfortunately will never have the chance unless we win the lottery. My oncologist has said he would quit his job and sail with us as my personal doctor if we pay for everything. :D

I am jealous of the time people have to cruise. Unfortunately my husband had to work as we are still in our 40s. I'm "retired" but not by choice and unfortunately will never have the chance unless we win the lottery. My oncologist has said he would quit his job and sail with us as my personal doctor if we pay for everything. :D

He can probably pay his own way.:D

BTW, you are RAWKING that hair.:)

Just out of curiosity, what's the longest cruise or consecutive cruises you've been on? We are currently on B2B cruises on Allure and kinda loving 2 weeks on the ship. This is our longest time spent on a cruise.

Last winter we spent 223 days on the Holland American Prinsendam on 6 B2B cruises. We boarded on Nov 20, 2014 in Ft. Lauderdale and disembarked on July 1, 2015 in Amsterdam.

Scott & Karen

Last winter we spent 223 days on the Holland American Prinsendam on 6 B2B cruises. We boarded on Nov 20, 2014 in Ft. Lauderdale and disembarked on July 1, 2015 in Amsterdam.

Scott & Karen

We were on the Prinsendam from July 15 to August 20 this year. We love that ship. We booked 67 days South America 2017.

M

So jealous and impressed of responses, wish I had the time and money to go cruise for extended period of time.[emoji16] right now, my longest is 8 days, with this year's 12 day trip being the longest I've traveled away in decades since I was a teenager. Then next year will be 3 weeks (21 days), if all goes well.[emoji4]

Not even retired nor in my 40's yet - I consider myself very fortunate to even travel away for as long as I currently can past 3 days, too.[emoji3]

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

17 days.

We enjoyed it but we were glad to get off and continue on with our land trip.

We got tired of our surroundings. The food all started to taste the same. We also found the environment too homogeneous. It was like a Marriott or Hilton with no local flavour-had it not been for the port stops we could have been in Kansas. The ports were very nice and we enjoyed the cruise-as we have others of the same approximate length.

I think from now on that we will be limiting ourselves to 14 day, two sea days max. This may change when our bucket list is short or we no longer have the desire or the health to do the independent land tours that we want. We have done numerous 14 day Med cruises and found them to be perfect for our us.

Love the 150 day idea. We have actually met two couples that cruise most of the year (one couple is on a shop about 11 months) and we have thought it might be fun. The last night of our longest cruise (62 days) DW and I talked about how we could easily do another 62! Long cruises are certainly not for everyone, but DW and I would be happy to be on a ship for several months without a single port :).

Hank

Some of you folks must be millionaires [or at least very well off and retired] to either go months at see!

Nope, but there are lots of variations that make for different budgets......variations in family (kids, spouses, etc), variations in work (regular work weeks vs short term telecommuting contracts etc), variations in available vacation time (2 wk vs 4 wk a year etc), variations in other vacation expenses (X-mas at in-laws, etc), variations in other leisure expenses (hobbies, sports, etc.). One size never fits all.

Some of you folks must be millionaires [or at least very well off and retired] to either go months at see!

Most on the really long cruises (say over a month) are retirees. But you would be surprised at how many are not millionaires. We have met lots of what would be called "middle class" folks on our long cruises (that would also be our status). We can afford to travel because we saved and invested in our younger years. When friends were continually buying larger and more expensive homes, we were just staying where we were and paying off all of our debt. When some friends were buying BMWs, we were buying Toyotas and investing the difference. For many cruisers it is just that simple.

Hank

Most on the really long cruises (say over a month) are retirees. But you would be surprised at how many are not millionaires. We have met lots of what would be called "middle class" folks on our long cruises (that would also be our status). We can afford to travel because we saved and invested in our younger years. When friends were continually buying larger and more expensive homes, we were just staying where we were and paying off all of our debt. When some friends were buying BMWs, we were buying Toyotas and investing the difference. For many cruisers it is just that simple.

Hank

Thanks for the advice. Haoie's observation is one that has been on my mind too, and I HAVE to find a way to fund my post-retirement travels!

It's pretty uncommon to see folks my age [20s, 30s] going on month long + cruises costing $10k and more. You've got to be relatively well off and free of commitments.

Mind you, many families one may considering the 'middle class' still live mostly paycheck to paycheck - but that's another issue isn't it?