Celebrity cruise secrets 2015

allegiant

Cafe Ole @ Cafe Al Bacio is STRONG and a great way to start your day (or evening) without fighting the crowds at the bars. It is included in the Premium drinks package.

Mast Grill has great burgers and hot dogs. We didn't discover this until almost the end of our last cruise. The lines are worth the wait.

We didn't realize the Aqua Spa Cafe didn't have a cover charge. We avoided it our whole cruise, and only found out afterwards. Can't wait to try it on our upcoming cruise.

The bars have Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka. If you are from the South or know about this product, then you know how exciting that is!

Sometimes it is easier to go down to go up or vice-versa. When everyone is heading to dinner on lower decks and elevators are full, go up to the top level and ride all the way down. Or, take the stairs!

Probably lots of others know this, but I always bring several heavy duty paper clamps with a large magnet on the back. Most walls, doors, etc. in the cabins are metal. So great to get all that paper off of the small desk tops so it is visible on the walls. This past cruise I discovered some large hooks like the kind you use to hang clothing items, also with strong magnets on the backs. I believe they are intended for school kids to use in their lockers. They held our robes, lanyards with our cards, and were even strong enough for jackets to hang on.

Mast Grill has great burgers and hot dogs. We didn't discover this until almost the end of our last cruise. The lines are worth the wait.

We didn't realize the Aqua Spa Cafe didn't have a cover charge. We avoided it our whole cruise, and only found out afterwards. Can't wait to try it on our upcoming cruise.

Sometimes it is easier to go down to go up or vice-versa. When everyone is heading to dinner on lower decks and elevators are full, go up to the top level and ride all the way down. Or, take the stairs!

I can't wait to go to the Mast Grill at sailaway and avoid the buffet.

The Aqua Spa Café also sounds like a great venue, and I'm planning to have some lunches there.

As for the elevator trick, I never would have thought of that! If we are only moving 1 or 2 decks, then we usually just take the stairs. But I'll keep that trick in mind if we are going from top to bottom.

As for my own tricks, I always try to make friends with at least one bartender in the beginning of the cruise. Also, and I recently discovered this, you can ask for unopened items from a bar, and take them back to your cabin to keep in the mini fridge.

When possible we like to be on our balcony for set sail. We have older relations who love to follow our travels. On recent cruises we have taped a flag to the balcony and opened our champagne and waved like mad to the live cam. Our family back in England stay up late, watch us live and drink our health.

Our traditional first night meal is Tuscan Grill, hate the chaos of MDR first night!

By the time we have enjoyed a couple of drinks and returned to our cabin there will be messages from our loved ones at home with a screen shot picture of our set sail.

Few people are aware that the Mast Grill also offers a turkey burger. They don't have them already cooked(like the hamburgers) so it is a wait, but they are always fresh and delectable and worth the extra wait.

Lots of ports have live cams. Just google for your port. The one in Port Canaveral is mounted on Fish lips bar and grill, the one in Port Everglades is somewhere on the last hotel with the lawns in front before you leave the last spit of land.

For a few itineraries before we cruise we will log onto the live cam from the port and try to spot clues/work out best time and place to wave! Obviously if our cabin is the wrong side of the ship we go up top. There is a place on the webcam Port Everglades where you can enter a description of yourselves and where you will be standing with the hope they will then zoom in to you.

Presently looking to see if there is one in Sydney before our Spring cruise!

Lots of ports have live cams. Just google for your port. The one in Port Canaveral is mounted on Fish lips bar and grill, the one in Port Everglades is somewhere on the last hotel with the lawns in front before you leave the last spit of land.

For a few itineraries before we cruise we will log onto the live cam from the port and try to spot clues/work out best time and place to wave! Obviously if our cabin is the wrong side of the ship we go up top. There is a place on the webcam Port Everglades where you can enter a description of yourselves and where you will be standing with the hope they will then zoom in to you.

You can contact them for a scheduled wave. They will contact you on the day of the cruise to firm up what you are wearing and where you will be on the ship. It helps to be holding something like a flag. We did this out of Port Everglades I believe. Been a few years.

Love Fish Lips :D.

I love the sushi available in the Oceanview Cafe at 5:30 pm

Grilled vegetables located at the pizza station.

Peach bread pudding at the Aqua Spa cafe.

Large plate of salad topped by whatever meat is at the carving station.

Don't miss Cafe al Bacio.

Panini grill has made to order grilled chicken, steak and salmon at night.

Ditto on the turkey burgers!

Probably lots of others know this, but I always bring several heavy duty paper clamps with a large magnet on the back. Most walls, doors, etc. in the cabins are metal. So great to get all that paper off of the small desk tops so it is visible on the walls. This past cruise I discovered some large hooks like the kind you use to hang clothing items, also with strong magnets on the backs. I believe they are intended for school kids to use in their lockers. They held our robes, lanyards with our cards, and were even strong enough for jackets to hang on.

Did you buy those magnetic clips/hooks in Canada? Where would I look? Want to bring some on our next trip.

Thanks, Cathy

- Avoid X transfers, use public transportation or taxis to your next point.

- Self Debark if you can.

- If you have tender ports get up early and get your tender ticket.

- Yes 5:30 sushi is good, I would head to the Oceanview Cafe and grab a plate to take to the room for a early appetizer.

- Bocci ball is fun, grab a drink at the Sunset bar and play a couple games.

- Enjoy the Solarium by yourself at 5:30 - 6:30 pm when the rest of the ship is dining.

Aqua Spa cafe on Constellation did grill to order salmon or chicken (maybe other things too). It was not listed but available if you asked. Grill to order items were available in Oceanview in the evening, right at the back of the buffet, salmon, chicken, pork chops, and steak. They also had fresh cooked mussels there.

I don't know if this is on all ships, but on our B2B from Istanbul it was.

not ours...maybe different stock than the US stores?

Try this http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/sparco-bulldog-magnetic-clip/6000188475629?rrid=ViewedPurchased|item_page.rr1|0|0

Or smaller ones http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/sparco-bulldog-magnetic-clip/6000188475626?rrid=ViewedPurchased|item_page.rr1|1|0

However I found that the larger ones hold more before the weight makes them slip down the wall. :-)

Edited by ChucktownSteve

thanks, Steve. I did find them online but not in my local store. I guess I will try another Walmart location, otherwise maybe at an office supply store. I still have a few months before our cruise so should be able to find before then!

Cathy