SHARE: Are you ready for a $49 cover charge?

rbt001

That's a huge point that most people don't consider.

I think you need to give people more credit. No different than being on the island and having lunch on the beach or dinner at a local restaurant rather than going back to the ship for the "paid for"lunch or dinner.

Have down the crown grill enjoyed it However for 49 dollars good by crown grill. This is a scary thing for 100 bucks on land you can get a good meal as well. I agree a small price adjustment might be warranted but not almost double

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you need to give people more credit. No different than being on the island and having lunch on the beach or dinner at a local restaurant rather than going back to the ship for the "paid for"lunch or dinner.

Not exactly. I view it a being on the island or beach and one meal were free & the other on the beach cost $49.

I must live in the wrong area. I know that Princess factors a wholesale price into each cruise per person for meals. But, from a retail standpoint, their dinners well exceed 30-40 dollars per person.

Bugsy's live thread (around post 350) shows pictures from His Italian night meal. Here is what he showed (all looks delicious and I have ordered nearly the exact same meal with the addition of a Penne Arriabiatta pasta course. I have also added a conservative retail price from several local restaurants:

Ice tea: $3.00

Beef Carpaccio 11.00

Lentil Soup 6.00

Chicken Saltimbocca 25.00

Desert 7.00

Total $52.00. ($62.00 with my extra pasta course)

These aren't the prices from a four or five star restaurant which you could add more.

If you do it for the formal night, it would be more like:

Ice Tea. $3

Escargot $10

Caesar Salad $8

French Onion Soup $8

Alfredo Pasta Course $9

Beef Wellington $30

Fancy Norman Love Desert $9

Total $77 (again at an average restaurant).

I enjoy the food at all of the restaurants on Princess.

PS, great pics, Bugsy.

Paul (yes, I usually order 5 or 6 courses!)

I'm sure Princess will get some suckers to bite, but from the sound of it the price won't hold for to long before they lower it.

Is it necessary to be rude because some don't agree with you.

Edited by dtb55
misspelling

I only ever ate once at Sabatinis as I didn't like it much, I often eat at Crown Grill for $25 more than the meal I already paid for in my cruise fare- plus I leave a $5 tip per person.

On Carnival I have never paid the $35 for the steakhouse.

So the answer is NO! I wouldn't pay $49 or anything like it.

And for what its worth IMHO the CurtisStone menu items on Royal P dinner menu last week were not up to much. A personal opinion - YMMV.

We eat at both Crown Grill and Sabatini's at least once per cruise. No way would we pay $49.00 per person for Share. I don't like the concept, nor do I care for Curtis Stone. We will definitely miss Sabatini's.

Wonder where they will do the suite breakfast after the change? We find breakfast in Sabatini's to be a most relaxing way to start the day.

I agree about not liking the Share concept. I also don't care for the table manners of certain celebrity chefs, some of whom eat with their mouths open. Ick.

I usually eat at Crown Grill or Sterling Steakhouse at least twice on 7 day cruises, and Sabatini's at least once. I won't be going to Share. The menu doesn't sound good. The decor sounds uncomfortable and noisy.

If they raise the price at Crown Grill, they better start serving a higher quality beef. The last 3 times we have gone, we have been disappointed. We can buy a higher quality filet mignon at our grocery store here in Texas than what we got last week on the Caribbean. I love their appetizers, soup, and dessert, but I won't pay $49 for that!