Is It True About Monarch ?

F27TW

I read another thread on here where there was some rumbling of not just Empress, but Monarch also returning to the RC fleet (as well as Majesty staying) ... is all this official/true ?

Whats the scoop ?

I read another thread on here where there was some rumbling of not just Empress, but Monarch also returning to the RC fleet (as well as Majesty staying) ... is all this official/true ?

Whats the scoop ?

Only true that it is a rumor just now!

Whats the scoop ?

The rumor I heard, and it is just that, a rumor, is that Monarch, Sovereign & Empress would return to the fleet. However, the Empress would be converted to a lifeboat for the Harmony.

Unlike Enchantment that they cut in half and added a section Royal will be sending Empress, Monarch and Sovereign to the shipyard at the same time to be merged into a new mega ship.:D

Gnome way!

They just went trough the process at Pullmantur of converting all Empress bookings over to Monarch for the same itineraries that had already been planned prior to RCI's announcement on the 24th of October.

Horizon have taken some of the MED bookings for Empress.

Monarch was only booked through the 17th of September, 2016 at Bilbao, Spain at this point and may or may not return to the ABC islands cruises in the Autumn/Winter of 2016 for Pullmantur.

Empress should leave the Pullmantur fleet on February 13th, 2015.

They just went trough the process at Pullmantur of converting all Empress bookings over to Monarch for the same itineraries that had already been planned prior to RCI's announcement on the 24th of October.

Horizon have taken some of the MED bookings for Empress.

Monarch was only booked through the 17th of September, 2016 at Bilbao, Spain at this point and may or may not return to the ABC islands cruises in the Autumn/Winter of 2016 for Pullmantur.

Empress should leave the Pullmantur fleet on February 13th, 2015.

I don't think so, since that was 10 months ago. ;) :D

Our least favorite cruise BY A MILE was on the ship we renamed the Dump of the Seas, AKA Monarch.

At the end of the day, it was still a cruise and still a vacation. We didn't hate our lives and want to die or anything. BUT we did dislike the ship in a big way. We were super excited to have Enchantment come to PC and she was a massive improvement.

I know people loved this ship, but I hope IF SHE COMES BACK that she stays far, far, far, far, far away from Florida ports.

Edited by poncho1973

Our least favorite cruise BY A MILE was on the ship we renamed the Dump of the Seas, AKA Monarch.

At the end of the day, it was still a cruise and still a vacation. We didn't hate our lives and want to die or anything. BUT we did dislike the ship in a big way. We were super excited to have Enchantment come to PC and she was a massive improvement.

I know people loved this ship, but I hope IF SHE COMES BACK that she stays far, far, far, far, far away from Florida ports.

Is there some law requiring that you book the Monarch OTS if it is in port near you?

Is there some law requiring that you book the Monarch OTS if it is in port near you?

No, but as someone who cruises Royal and who lives within 3 hours of every port in Florida... I like options!

Majesty is already here and our dislike of Monarch has pulled her off the table.

Let some other ports get the love of this ship! I say retrofit a roof on her and send her to replace Anthem!

No, but as someone who cruises Royal and who lives within 3 hours of every port in Florida... I like options!

Majesty is already here and our dislike of Monarch has pulled her off the table.

Let some other ports get the love of this ship! I say retrofit a roof on her and send her to replace Anthem!

Orlando has more than one Royal Caribbean ship. Fort Lauderdale has more than one Royal Caribbean ship. Miami has more than one Royal Caribbean ship. Tampa has at least one Royal Caribbean ship. How many more options do you need?

I am beginning to wonder if Royal Caribbean doesn't have too many ships under one banner. There is such a major difference between the Voyager+ ships and the Empress, Sovereign and Vision type ships. Going from the Oasis to the Majesty could sure rattle an inexperienced cruiser's expectations.

I'm not sure that the older/smaller ships fit into the image Royal Caribbean wants to present.

I would love to have the "OLD" Monarch back, it was IMHO the best MDR service on any ship i have ever been on. Having said that, it needs to be big time UPDATED, reduce the number of rooms and make bigger ones and redo the pool and other venues. On a 3 or 4 day sail, it was great, in it's time.

I doubt, unless, some major updates as I mentioned, it will not return to the fleet.

I would gladly have the Monarch back in Los Angeles. I would happily sail the Empress too.

We've been cheated by RCCL. Used to have Legend, Vision, Mariner, Monarch and the Nordic Prince. Now we have nothing at all.

I do not like the new CEO because of this.

Edited by wblynch

I would gladly have the Monarch back in Los Angeles. I would happily sail the Empress too.

We've been cheated by RCCL. Used to have Legend, Vision, Mariner, Monarch and the Nordic Prince. Now we have nothing at all.

I do not like the new CEO because of this.

That decision was made before the new CEO took office.

Okay I must apologize. Although I was joking around I have to say I don't know the new CEO and how can I dislike him?

I will say I dislike some of the changes being made at Royal Caribbean,

I hope anyone who may read this will accept my apology.