New "double" suite points (4 per night) promo for Oasis/Allure Summer 2016

JasonV1

Assume you all will see this in your e-mail shortly. Based on language I don't believe it applies to JR suites, but you would need to double check the details to be sure.

For a limited time, Crown and Anchor® Society members can earn double Cruise Points for sailing in Royal Suite Class accommodations on Oasis of the Seas® and Allure of the Seas® this summer. This exclusive opportunity to earn 4 points per night requires advance registration.

LIMITED TIME DOUBLE POINTS

To take advantage of this offer, please follow these steps:

1 - Reserve your 2016 cruise by December 31st. Book Now

2 - Register your booking at http://www.royalcaribbean.com/DoublePoints

Also includes BOGO 50% for second guest, 300 OBC, suite discount (yes I know all typical based on current promos).

Of course if you can afford on suite on Oasis class ships in the summer extra points is probably more a perk than something to "move up" to take advantage of.

Edited by JasonV1

Assume you all will see this in your e-mail shortly. Based on language I don't believe it applies to JR suites, but you would need to double check the details to be sure.

For a limited time, Crown and Anchor® Society members can earn double Cruise Points for sailing in Royal Suite Class accommodations on Oasis of the Seas® and Allure of the Seas® this summer. This exclusive opportunity to earn 4 points per night requires advance registration.

Also includes BOGO 50% for second guest, 300 OBC, suite discount (yes I know all typical based on current promos).

Of course if you can afford on suite on Oasis class ships in the summer extra points is probably more a perk than something to "move up" to take advantage of.

From a marketing POV it says to me that they are having difficulty getting those cabins booked and need to sweeten the deal and would rather offer double points than reduce the price.

Since we don't book suites, it is irrelevant to us.

It does include JS's. The fine print says includes Star, Sky and Sea class suites. Junior Suites are part of the Sea class.

From a marketing POV it says to me that they are having difficulty getting those cabins booked and need to sweeten the deal and would rather offer double points than reduce the price.

I think you've hit the nail on the head.

I'd much rather see these prices come down then get these double points. I'm thinking it might be best for this promo, to not be all that successful because to me, lower prices are much better in the long run then to get more points for something that is bound to keep changing!!

I am not finding that to be true on the Royal booking site. $300 appears as OBC if I do not enter my C&A number. When I enter that, the C&A Balcony discount is displayed but no OBC. Am I doing something wrong? How do I get both today? Thanks.

Joanmarie

I went through the booking online just now for a grand suite on Oasis for August and it does not include the OBC just the suite discount unless after you book and register the cruise this could change but i am not going to complete the booking to find out.

I am not finding that to be true on the Royal booking site. $300 appears as OBC if I do not enter my C&A number. When I enter that, the C&A Balcony discount is displayed but no OBC. Am I doing something wrong? How do I get both today? Thanks.

Joanmarie

I think it's a crapshoot glitch in their system. I saw it once then not again. Although I booked a November cruise and got both.

The Summer Suite prices were higher than I liked, just for buying loyalty points.

I booked through them this morning and was told I could not have both OBC and suite discount. I took the OBC for $300.00. I agree we are buying points but these points put us at Diamond plus. I'm sure we will never reach pinnacle so we will just be happy with diamond plus. The cruises have seemed high anyways so now I won't feel bad about shopping around!

I booked through them this morning and was told I could not have both OBC and suite discount. I took the OBC for $300.00. I agree we are buying points but these points put us at Diamond plus. I'm sure we will never reach pinnacle so we will just be happy with diamond plus. The cruises have seemed high anyways so now I won't feel bad about shopping around!

I'm sure what I thought I saw was a mistake. I can't find evidence of getting both benefits.

Congratulations on your booking.

They can give 20 pts per night and it's just too expensive.

Since I can't find this in the small print and restrictions I assume the 4 for 1 points is for all guest staying in a qualified stateroom.

Gotta ask since Royal is less than forthcoming about promotions from time to time.

Since I can't find this in the small print and restrictions I assume the 4 for 1 points is for all guest staying in a qualified stateroom.

Gotta ask since Royal is less than forthcoming about promotions from time to time.

The stateroom must be a Junior Suite or better.

We were able to get two price reductions for our August 7th sailing next year.

We booked on board this summer and I daily watched the prices and got the reduced fares.

IF i would cancel and rebook our (L2) for the cruise points now it would cost me around $2300 more......................:eek:

Not going to happen.

It may entice some, but not me.

Safe travels.

So much for trying to limit the overcrowding of the top tier levels...

It seems to me this is a 2-fold motive- summer sailings for suites is lagging due to the price and as others have said, instead of dropping prices, this is their incentive.

I also think this is another test of buying more points- the more you spend, the more points you get.

I'm not a fan of this since soon everyone will be a Diamond member and they're already complaining of the D Lounges being overcrowded

So much for trying to limit the overcrowding of the top tier levels...

It seems to me this is a 2-fold motive- summer sailings for suites is lagging due to the price and as others have said, instead of dropping prices, this is their incentive.

I also think this is another test of buying more points- the more you spend, the more points you get.

I'm not a fan of this since soon everyone will be a Diamond member and they're already complaining of the D Lounges being overcrowded

Hey Nick, How are you both, remember us from the Anthem in June ? Hope all is good and we bump into you again on a cruise one day - P and P