Becoming Diamond has been...

We became Diamond Plus in 2008. It was so much fun reaching each goal. Back then they mailed the pins to us. In fact we each got three D+ pins and before that two diamond pins each. So seems RC still has issues with that stuff. Pins are fun... but really who wears them??? Our RC stuff, and there is lots, is stowed in a closet collecting dust.

Back in 2008 and after, with the Recession in full bloom, RCi was really trying to court frequent cruises and we all loved it. RC really did it well and we kept cruising. Felt privileged and proud to be with RCi . Now with Pinnacle and the strong cruise industry seems Diamond folk have been left up on the pedestal.

But that is the way it goes......RCi is for profit corporation... not a friend.

We still enjoy cruising very much.

I don't think you should either. I was just wondering if you had spoken to the LA about it. If you had things should have been resolved. I'm sorry you had a poor first experience as diamond.

I am wondering about the Loyalty Ambassador's value to C&A members if the issue was identified and not resolved! Definitely should be mentioned in the post cruise survey.

Yes, please do so. Your Diamond status transfers across to X where you will be Elite. The benefits on X are very nice as well. We definitely enjoyed the more restrictive smoking policy on X.

Yes indeed....X is wonderful and most times you can get the drink package included.

It's all about enjoyment and entertainment for your vacation time and money.

Following some logic here anyone who selects more than the cheapest inside cabin is a sucker.

Yet certainly most people prefer to spend more for an outside or balcony cabin.

We became diamond members by default just because we took enough qualifying cruises. It wasn't a goal or attainment of status.

Although we do enjoy the benefits of being diamond, it seems the days of free upgrades from an inside cabin to a suite are long gone.

Now that would have been something.

I beg to differ folks. My understanding is that each guest in a stateroom will enjoy the benefits of the status of the person booking the stateroom. If the op books a stateroom and his partner books the other (to avail of the discount) and they have each one of the newbies booked to share their rooms, then all 4 will receive full diamond status throughout the cruise.
your wrong.....

Not always. On our Feb. Quantum cruise, as long as you used the D sea pass, the concierge never checked to be sure you belonged. As a matter of fact, the extension for the overflow was in the Music Hall and this venue had it's own bar--therefore, anyone that was aware of this could easily mingle with the D's in that venue and enjoy the benefit.

That little logistical issue has been fixed.....:cool:

It was the travel agents idea to book two balconies...not mine. I guess they benefited from it, because the others in the cabin surely didn't....not one bit. Sorry you think I am a complete disgrace.
OK blame the travel agent, deflect this on someone else, nice.....Third world issues anyway, the loyalty ambassador could have very easily given you your pins, but guess you couldn't be bothered to chase down your perks....give me a break....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

My last 3 cruises I've been a Diamond member. We have received Diamond pins in our cabin on all three cruises. Guess Royal has a hard time with this delivery fiasco.

My wife and I hid our pins on our last cruise in the cabin. Next time we sail Vision I hope they are in there.

Once you become D you should get your pins.....ONCE:confused:

Yes, please do so. Your Diamond status transfers across to X where you will be Elite. The benefits on X are very nice as well. We definitely enjoyed the more restrictive smoking policy on X.

Ok stupid question.

Does X points transfer back to RCI?

Thanks

Ok stupid question.

Does X points transfer back to RCI?

Thanks

No, it's just reciprocal status on both lines. It's not like the Hilton Honors system. You don't actually earn mutual points. When you come back to RCI, you'll still have the same # RCI points.

:) I guess that is me.

Following some logic here anyone who selects more than the cheapest inside cabin is a sucker.

We had priority check-in on the Oasis in May, 2014, but did not have it in February, 2015. The sign told Diamond members to check in at the correct deck level. We did not have to wait at all doing the non-priority check-in. We did get the cookies and cake plate in the room. I don't remember the Top Tier event invitation on the Oasis. On every other ship, Diamond members were given priority check-in.

The best perk was the 3 drinks loaded onto our card that we could use at any bar during the Happy Hour time before or after dinner.

On the Navigator last October, we got 5 bottles of water, also. This was a first for us. We did not get this ever before.

We had priority check-in on the Oasis in May, 2014, but did not have it in February, 2015. The sign told Diamond members to check in at the correct deck level. We did not have to wait at all doing the non-priority check-in. We did get the cookies and cake plate in the room. I don't remember the Top Tier event invitation on the Oasis. On every other ship, Diamond members were given priority check-in.

The best perk was the 3 drinks loaded onto our card that we could use at any bar during the Happy Hour time before or after dinner.

On the Navigator last October, we got 5 bottles of water, also. This was a first for us. We did not get this ever before.

Does that mean there is no diamond lounge on Oasis?

:) I guess that is me.

As an experienced cruiser it really depends, if the destination is Alaska's inside passage, I won't mind spending for a balcony for convenience..while for port intensive destinations, I always pick inside... that way I don't have always have to dressed up and go to the top deck or promenade deck whenever someone spotted a wildlife or to enjoy the moving scenery.

Insides helped me sleep better as it is total darkness when I turned off the lights while others need natural light.

Each of us is different so different strokes for different folks.