Bit of a silly question : what does one wear in the spa?

Mitanoff

If you're just going to enjoy the saunas and hot chairs, is it just towels or bathing suits?

Wear your bathing suits. There are locker rooms if you wish to change from your cruise attire to your bathing suits there. There are plenty of towels and robes in the spa for your use. A lot of folks will wear a robe while lounging on the hot chars. And you need to wear a bathing suit in the saunas, steam rooms, and hydro therapy pools/Jacuzzi. If you are on the Escape, you need some sort of foot wear (flip flops) if you go into the snow room.

If you're just going to enjoy the saunas and hot chairs, is it just towels or bathing suits?
As the others have said, a bathing suit is required in the mixed-sex areas.
If you have the cruise long pass, can you take the robe back to your cabin?
You are not supposed to (it said so explicitly on the keycard on the Epic), but if you keep it in your bag they will never know. But then if you put it in your suitcase and take it home at the end of the cruise, they will never know, either. (I mean they will never know that it was you, I am sure they know that many robes go missing every week.) That is no doubt why they don't want you taking them out of the spa, because it would actually save them a lot of laundry if people could reuse the robes over several spa visits.

Thanks for asking as I will have the spa pass next cruise and never been there before. If you have the cruise long pass, can you take the robe back to your cabin? Would make it easier coming back the next times.

Why would it be easier? You have to walk directly through the locker room to get into the spa area anyway, so quite easy to grab one as you enter and drop it in the laundry bin on the way out. I doubt most people bring a bag, but I guess you could as long as it will fit in the lockers.

Why would it be easier? You have to walk directly through the locker room to get into the spa area anyway, so quite easy to grab one as you enter and drop it in the laundry bin on the way out. I doubt most people bring a bag, but I guess you could as long as it will fit in the lockers.

I believe the poster was thinking of wearing his swimsuit and just covering up with a robe when walking to the spa. Instead of changing once getting to the spa. Of course walking around the ship in a bathrobe is a bit tacky!

That was indeed my idea.

You will be fine.

Epic...Western Med...you will be fine.

Most of us on this side of the pond would not do it...but I have when I am only walking through the cabin areas and then up or down a flight of stairs ...I would not do it if I had to walk through the more public areas.

This is probably TMI (too much information), but when I am only using the heated tile loungers...and I am wearing a spa robe...and I have towels beneath me and on top of me...to get the warm spa effect...the LAST thing I want to be wearing is a swimsuit...a wet one at that.:p So if you ever see me in the spa you can wonder "what does she have going on under there?"

In the co-ed areas one needs to be covered.

Some ships have the male and female sections. I can only speak to the female section where I have seen swimsuits, towels, robes, and bare naked ladies.

coka

Some ships have the male and female sections. I can only speak to the female section where I have seen swimsuits, towels, robes, and bare naked ladies.

I've seen all of those in the male section, too. :eek: And yes I meant exactly what I just wrote.

Maybe this will help NCL sell a few more spa passes… :D

Out of curiosity are there different size robes? Wondering how they fit for fluffier people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes there are!! BUT you really have to look for them on the women's side. Usually the rebellious fish is a black one on the larger size. The regular size have all blue (I think).

If you don't find one ask one of the attendants to get you one from the men's side.

Are all of the steam rooms, saunas, etc. co-ed or are there specific ones reserved for men/women in addition?

Yes and no. I know on the Gem they have an open area that is unisex. In the (male) locker room their are showers along with a steam room, sauna and (2)? single person tubs. On the BA and Dawn their was a locker / changing room only and the tubs chairs etc....were in the open area. The robes are one size I believe. 99% of my cruise day is spent in a bathing suite so thats what I wear in a out. I have seen few people come in fully dressed to read, personally I think its too hot to do that

Edited by Laszlo

Out of curiosity are there different size robes? Wondering how they fit for fluffier people. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends on the ship. The Epic has the larger "Havens-size" robes in the spa. The escape had the standard smaller robes that are not as fashionable for the fluffy folks.

I believe the poster was thinking of wearing his swimsuit and just covering up with a robe when walking to the spa. Instead of changing once getting to the spa. Of course walking around the ship in a bathrobe is a bit tacky!

I wear my bathing suit with a cover up that looks like a long shirt to and fro, and sandals that I don't mind getting wet, same as by the pool. I personally don't walk around the spa areas bare foot and I always sit on a towel, unless I am wearing one of the spa robes.