Captain's Luncheon for Most Traveled passengers

Cobra427SC

Recently on the Regal, and tho' we're nowhere near the stratosphere of most traveled passengers, we've made the luncheon a number of times in the past. The folks at the purser's desk said it was discontinued, but I never got to visit with the Captain's Circle person to confirm. Did we just miss the cut, or is it just history? thanx. steve

Recently on the Regal, and tho' we're nowhere near the stratosphere of most traveled passengers, we've made the luncheon a number of times in the past. The folks at the purser's desk said it was discontinued, but I never got to visit with the Captain's Circle person to confirm. Did we just miss the cut, or is it just history? thanx. steve

We had it on both the Coral and the Island last month. Never heard anything like that. :cool:

I think they just told you that to appease you for the moment or just misunderstood what you were asking about. It was held on the Royal all through Nov and as recently as on the Dec 1 sailing.

The Captain's Circle Host is the person you should have talked to & they would at least told you the cutoff number.

I'd be interested in what the number was.

Edited by floridalover5623

What a serendipitous thread...I was just wondering last night, how many couples/passengers are invited to the MTP lunch when it is held?

Always a different # or the same from one to the next?

It's the top 20 couples or 40 people on a 5 day or more cruise & on a 4 day cruise it's limited to 10 couples or 20 people. (they go by number of traveled days, not cruise credits). It's always the same. Typically they hold it on the second formal day in the afternoon or if it's a cocktail party it'll be that night after dinner. Depending on the Captain and depending on how busy they are, he'll choose if it'll be a lunch or cocktail party.

Edited by floridalover5623

I was on the Regal in November and the MTP event was a cocktail party in Club 6 and it was really nice....the food was delicious. Didn't go to dinner after.

I prefer the luncheon, but no complaints. Happy to be invited.

We had it on both the Coral and the Island last month. Never heard anything like that. :cool:

I'll never be invited but we definitely did see Keith and his wife in line to go into the luncheon on Coral. :rolleyes:

Just got off the Regal and they had the Cocktail Party which was very good. The food was fantastic. Lamb chops, coconut shrimp, scallops, sushi, chicken lollipops, etc., in Club 6.

Oxo-sorry you don't appreciate my sense of humor. That puts you in the majority...most don't. Floridalover obviously picked up the sarcasm...oh well.

The denouement: We did get an invite to a cocktail party, but thought it was just one of the big parties for the members of the Captain's Cirlce, and chucked it. Rats. Sounds like we missed out on some good eats. The invite we got coincided with a formal night, and that also threw us off a bit. Probably wasn't even the worst mistake I made that day. s

Oxo-sorry you don't appreciate my sense of humor. That puts you in the majority...most don't. Floridalover obviously picked up the sarcasm...oh well.

I think that is one of the biggest problems/understanding of this type of communication. You cannot see the face, expressions, or hear how something is being said. So, thus, I now understand your sense of humor. NP. I now know what you mean and understand.

Just got off the Regal and they had the Cocktail Party which was very good. The food was fantastic. Lamb chops, coconut shrimp, scallops, sushi, chicken lollipops, etc., in Club 6.

They all sound good but after eating a big meal who actually wants more food? If they had the cocktail party at noon it would at least substitute for lunch.

We went to a MT cocktail party a few years ago & they had a tower of HUGE shrimp as well as the as the items. I don't think people ate more than a dozen in total.

They all sound good but after eating a big meal who actually wants more food? If they had the cocktail party at noon it would at least substitute for lunch.

We went to a MT cocktail party a few years ago & they had a tower of HUGE shrimp as well as the as the items. I don't think people ate more than a dozen in total.

We liked the Luncheon, however, we knew when the Cocktail Party was and did not eat dinner that night. We really enjoyed the food served as it was top notch. If anyone is invited, skip dinner that night, you will really enjoy the food served!!!!