Suggestions for Princess

Oxo

Just got off of the Regal and noticed a couple of items that I believe could be improved for all guests. I noticed this on the first and second day of the cruise.

The Passenger Service desk was lined up because people wanted:

1. their Cruise Card to be punched so they could put it on a lanyard..

I suggested to Passenger Services that they should either provide a punch in that area so people could punch their own hole in their cruise card or have them pre-punched. The comment was that not all people want their cards punched. If the cards came pre-punched, I don’t believe people would care.

2. help to log-on to WiFi and the Internet. Understand what the difference is between WiFi and Internet.

Although Princess does provide a four page Satellite Internet booklet, it is not very clear for those who may not understand how to set up the WiFi and Internet on their phone, tablet, etc. This was very obvious after seeing lines of people daily trying to get the IT person to setup their device. The booklet is mainly a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) document.

What it should contain is a Step by Step illustration of how to connect to the WiFi and Internet.

It should describe what HOME, INTERNET, MESSAGE and MORE contain and how to use them. There are a lot of options and they are not discussed.

I have seen the IT Person individually setting up a device for passengers daily and even passengers asking the Passenger Service desk to help them. This is something that could be spelled out and described, rather than trying to setup a person’s individual phone, tablet or laptop.

Another big question was if we use WiFi to check my account or see events is that free? Will that count against our Internet minutes?

Just on the hole punch thing. I do not want my cruise card with a hole in it. I do not like the idea of lanyards. It is cheap and tacky and the whole idea of a lanyard is too submissive as if you have to constantly prove you have permission to be on the ship.

I remember the days on cruise ships where nobody wore a lanyard with their cruise card on it. Now it seems to be creeping in. You don't wear lanyards around your neck at a hotel so why do cruise ships seem to suffer from this low brow fashion trend.

If you do not want a hole in your card do not have one put there. If you do not want to wear a lanyard then do not wear one. It is a personnal choice not Princess. All they provide is a hole punch. Cmon people we are all supposed to be adults but apparently not.

Someone ury the horse and get the flock onto suggestions Princess has control over.

On a couple of cruises, we had an informal gathering of tablet, like iPad, users. Those who were familiar with the devices assisted the anothers who were less capable of figuring the process out.

We were able to share tips and tricks of which new owners/ less experienced users were unaware. It was unhosted by Princess staff. We were on our own and the lounge was full of fellow passengers with their devices.

I asked the cruise director to announce it in the Patter and she accommodated the request.

I am not sure if this is still needed, but it was a win-win for the passengers and the internet café manager.

Just on the hole punch thing. I do not want my cruise card with a hole in it. I do not like the idea of lanyards. It is cheap and tacky and the whole idea of a lanyard is too submissive as if you have to constantly prove you have permission to be on the ship.

I remember the days on cruise ships where nobody wore a lanyard with their cruise card on it. Now it seems to be creeping in. You don't wear lanyards around your neck at a hotel so why do cruise ships seem to suffer from this low brow fashion trend.

Over the Top!

I agree I don't punch holes in my credit cards either!

But then again I don't need them to enter my home or my Bedroom.

I can use cash at home ,while on ship I have to use my cruise card.

Merry Christmas!! :)

Reader

How about having them pre-punched when checking in and the people that want them in pristine condition can go to the service desk, where they would not be punched and get one that is not punched. I have a very strong belief the line would be less for those getting unpunched cards than the people getting them punched.

I must use a walker, and I do wear a lanyard,with the card inside my shirt. The lanyard makes it easier for me to open the door, drop the card, and enter. No fuss to take out of a pocket. Shucks, am only 87, a solo cruiser, but I have a great time. :-)

I would like to see the MDR menus for the day (breakfast, lunch and dinner) available on the Princess messenger app.

It's about the one thing they forgot about....and the most useful. I'm always running down to the DR before dinner to take a photo of the menu to read in the room. ;)

Probably hoping they can insert them in slot machine to get points..like you see on land!

How about having them pre-punched when checking in and the people that want them in pristine condition can go to the service desk, where they would not be punched and get one that is not punched. I have a very strong belief the line would be less for those getting unpunched cards than the people getting them punched.

Not sure why you quoted my post as I was responding to another post.

Have a nice day!

Reader

If you do not want a hole in your card do not have one put there. If you do not want to wear a lanyard then do not wear one. It is a personnal choice not Princess. All they provide is a hole punch. Cmon people we are all supposed to be adults but apparently not.

Someone ury the horse and get the flock onto suggestions Princess has control over.

Does Princess allow lanyards in the MDR on Formal Nights? :D

My observation is that, on Princess, about 20% of the people do the lanyards with holes punched. It would be more cost-effective to have the 1 in 5 to get punched at the customer service desk and leave the majority of us alone!

This is insane. "To punch or not to punch, that is the question." Alright. I will buy into this insanity. Do they give you a lanyard or do you have to get one myself? If they don't give you one, can you buy one onboard? If you buy one onboard, is there a gratuity added and if there is do leave an extra tip for good service? Can you smuggle your own on board? If you get caught, will you get called to the "naughty room?" :confused:

This is insane. "To punch or not to punch, that is the question." Alright. I will buy into this insanity. Do they give you a lanyard or do you have to get one myself? If they don't give you one, can you buy one onboard? If you buy one onboard, is there a gratuity added and if there is do leave an extra tip for good service? Can you smuggle your own on board? If you get caught, will you get called to the "naughty room?" :confused:

Wearing a shirt or anything else from another cruise line will get nasty looks form the crew.:p