Anything new on Harvest Caye?

TNCruzer56

Sid-We usually go to Caye Caulker, but Ambergris sounds interesting. Caulker is very rural and slow-dirt roads, pigs and roosters here and there. Is Ambergris much bigger and built up?

There is a small city on Ambergris Caye called San Pedro. There are very few cars, and most get around on bikes or small golf-cart like vehicles. You take a flight on a small airplane departing from the Belize Municipal Airport. The flight is about 15-20 minutes, with some great scenery. From there, I took a very small boat out to shark ray alley and Hol Chan Marine Park for snorkeling.

We're on the 3/6 sailing on the Star. I noticed yesterday that our itinerary was switched around and now we're going to Belize City first instead of Roatan. There are no shore excursions listed for either port. Did this happen to any other sailings or just ours?

We're on the 3/6 sailing on the Star. I noticed yesterday that our itinerary was switched around and now we're going to Belize City first instead of Roatan. There are no shore excursions listed for either port. Did this happen to any other sailings or just ours?

I'm also on 3/6 and just noticed the same thing. i think they will reappear once all the scheduling can be worked out with the venders. as far as missing HC of course I'm disappointed (but not surprised). Unless a great excursion opens up i will stay on the ship. I refuse to drink another Belikin beer in my life. If I had known for sure that HC was a no go before final payment I would have switched to HAL since I'll be in Tampa that weekend for a Trop Rock fest anyway and why not jump on a ship.

We are on the Jade sailing March 19. Our itinerary has been changed online (including arriving in Cozumel 3 hours later :( !) I tried calling shore excursions but got the rudest person to "help" me on the phone. Has anyone received the "email to update booked passengers"? I am now trying to figure out what we are doing excursions-wise. getting very frustrated with NCL and their lack of customer service and information. :mad:

We are on the Jade sailing March 19. Our itinerary has been changed online (including arriving in Cozumel 3 hours later :( !) I tried calling shore excursions but got the rudest person to "help" me on the phone. Has anyone received the "email to update booked passengers"? I am now trying to figure out what we are doing excursions-wise. getting very frustrated with NCL and their lack of customer service and information. :mad:

No email or letter about changes.

We're on the Dawn March 13th sailing, and I just noticed that our Roatan and Belize days have been switched as well, with us arriving at Belize City first, and then Roatan. The port times have also changed.

If the Dawn is switching its Roatan day, I wonder if the Jade will now be able to dock there... Hoping so anyway.

We're on the same sailing, abcmom123, and have not received an email.

(I did get a phone call and a follow up email from my PCC (which I didn't even know I had) though. But she said she had called to tell me about the third passenger sails free deal, which I had already booked under, and there was nothing said about Harvest Caye. )

See you in the 630 am tender ticket line up? I'll bring the coffee ;)

I'm on the 4/24 Getaway. No change of order, but now we get to roatan at 10am instead of 8am the day prior to the day we go to Belize city. Everything else remains unchanged.

Bummer as harvest caye would have been a nice, easy day. Will think about doing can't tubing, but i know some of our group will be discouraged by the hour drive each way.

Our port time for Cozumel has also changed; originally scheduled for 8-5, now 11-7. So one less hour in port. Curious as to why we are arriving 3 hours later. I like staying later since we don't have as far to go to get to Belize ;) but it would have been nice to have the extra time in port!

Thank you Linda the book Lover and macandlucy for sharing your experience with not getting a notification email. I got called a complainer on another thread because I shared that I hadn't received info from NCL :rolleyes:

macandlucy coffee will definitely be needed for those tender ticket lines :D I'll make sure to bring a large insulated cup and save you a place in line!

Our port time for Cozumel has also changed; originally scheduled for 8-5, now 11-7. So one less hour in port. Curious as to why we are arriving 3 hours later. I like staying later since we don't have as far to go to get to Belize ;) but it would have been nice to have the extra time in port!

Thank you Linda the book Lover and macandlucy for sharing your experience with not getting a notification email. I got called a complainer on another thread because I shared that I hadn't received info from NCL :rolleyes:

macandlucy coffee will definitely be needed for those tender ticket lines :D I'll make sure to bring a large insulated cup and save you a place in line!

You got called a complainer for mentioning that you didn't receive an email about a change in your itinerary? :rolleyes: How dare you think a change to your itin might be in some way relevant and important to you, like you might have to make plans or something. The outrage! Sheesh. Gotta love the internet.

Please continue to to "complain" about any other relevant and important things you come across, abcmom--getting news, reading about others' experiences (both good and bad) and learning from other posters is why I read CC in the first place (and I know I am not the only one).

Thanks for the heads up about the time change for Coz as well. :)

Edited by macandlucy

I received an email from my "travel person" that basically just forwarded me an email from NCL.

The cruise itinerary on invoice #1910073 has changed.

The description of change(s) listed below:

Day: 4

Date: 2016-06-29

Ports

Current: Belize City

Previous: Harvest Caye

We're on the Dawn March 13th sailing, and I just noticed that our Roatan and Belize days have been switched as well, with us arriving at Belize City first, and then Roatan. The port times have also changed.

It looks like the March 13 cruise was the only one where they flipped the order of the ports. Maybe there were too many ships scheduled for Belize City that day so they had so change the ports just for that one. We're on the March 20th Dawn sailing and the simply swapped out Harvest Caye for Belize City on the same day.

I called the shore excursion desk last week to cancel my Harvest Caye excursion and see what was available for Belize City. I was told that previously booked excursions would be canceled within the next 2 weeks and Belize City excursions would be posted then as they were still finalizing what would be offered.

It looks like the March 13 cruise was the only one where they flipped the order of the ports. Maybe there were too many ships scheduled for Belize City that day so they had so change the ports just for that one. We're on the March 20th Dawn sailing and the simply swapped out Harvest Caye for Belize City on the same day.

Nope, they switched the March 6th Star`s itinerary as well.