Anything new on Harvest Caye?

TNCruzer56

When I originally booked my November 2015 cruise Harvest Caye was listed as a stop, a couple of month before the cruise it was changed to Belize City. Now it looks like we wont be going to Harvest Caye in May either...I will have to keep cruising till we finally get there!!

I`m kinda POed!!! ncl knew about this moths ago but waited until allota final payments got in.

We all know that the cruz lines read these threads so:

Bad policy NCL!!! 12 years since I`ve sailed you, now it looks like another 12 will go by, God willing.

We're new to NCL but this seems like their M.O.

I can't count how many changes since we booked AND I haven't learned of even one of them from NCL themselves. If it weren't for CC we'd have a rude awakening upon boarding! :eek:

I`m kinda POed!!! ncl knew about this moths ago but waited until allota final payments got in.

We all know that the cruz lines read these threads so:

Bad policy NCL!!! 12 years since I`ve sailed you, now it looks like another 12 will go by, God willing.

Agreed - really BAD POLICY by NCL - Wait for people to make their final payments then announce this.

It is clear NCL knew with a delay til NOVEMBER

Not Happy with NCL at all. I hadn't cruised them for some time, came back this year because of the itinerary - and then they pull this. Looks like I won't be back

I'm thinking cave tubing. Not sure from whom yet. It's crazy expensive thru NCL, as expected, so I'll likely go independent. I'll wait until the itinerary is officially changed before I contact independent vendors. Any independent vendor suggestions?

Book with cavetubing.bz

They are #1 on tripadvisor and you don't have to carry your own tubes.

How far is the drive with cave tubing dot bz? Is it scary in any way- mountains, bad vehicles, careless drivers? I would like to do this, but don't want any unnecessary risks.

We booked with them for our cruise next month that was supposed to go to Harvest Caye. Check out the site, they use nice vans and buses. I think the ride is 45 min to an hr long.

How far is the drive with cave tubing dot bz? Is it scary in any way- mountains, bad vehicles, careless drivers? I would like to do this, but don't want any unnecessary risks.

I don't remember how long the drive is exactly. It is longer on the way there than the way back because they drive you through Belize City and give you a mini-tour. None of the path is scary, vehicle was very nice with air conditioning, and the drivers were very safe. The tour guides are informative and will be giving you interesting facts and answering questions all the way there.

I will say that if you are strapped for time on the way back, there may be some speeding by the driver. While there is a speed limit in Belize, there is no real law enforcement of the limit. However, I never felt at risk the whole time.

Found some more;

A pdf from 2013 with some older renders/artist impressions/designs, but also a lot of technical drawings of proposed buildings, the dredging of the deep water channel, the floating dock up to the mooring poles in detail and an interesting over water walk way in a phase 2.

https://www.elaw.org/system/files/harvest_caye_island_pt1.pdf

And also somewhere else a map of, looking at the half circle bay/dock; the current design:

nb6ds0.jpg

Found some more;

A pdf from 2013 with some older renders/artist impressions/designs, but also a lot of technical drawings of proposed buildings, the dredging of the deep water channel, the floating dock up to the mooring poles in detail and an interesting over water walk way in a phase 2.

https://www.elaw.org/system/files/harvest_caye_island_pt1.pdf

And also somewhere else a map of, looking at the half circle bay/dock; the current design:

nb6ds0.jpg

Thanks for the link, that was a good and interesting read

Just checked my vacation summary for the Getaway in September, and it says Belize City... Honestly, I like Going there. It's closer to Ambergris Caye where I usually go for the day...

Sid-We usually go to Caye Caulker, but Ambergris sounds interesting. Caulker is very rural and slow-dirt roads, pigs and roosters here and there. Is Ambergris much bigger and built up?