Anything new on Harvest Caye?

TNCruzer56

"If last week's abrupt announcement that Harvest Caye would not open for another eight months seemed odd, credit The Norwegian Edge for the delay. The company says it is expanding its plans for the Belizean port facility, which will offer a resort-style experience on Western Caribbean itineraries. Among the features will be a massive pool, exclusive beach, water sports lagoon, private cabanas and more."

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=6767

"If last week's abrupt announcement that Harvest Caye would not open for another eight months seemed odd, credit The Norwegian Edge for the delay. The company says it is expanding its plans for the Belizean port facility, which will offer a resort-style experience on Western Caribbean itineraries. Among the features will be a massive pool, exclusive beach, water sports lagoon, private cabanas and more."

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=6767

Is this all part of the major announcement FDR alluded to that was to come the beginning of the year?

Dear NCL. Please. Anything but Belize City. This is our second cruise we booked to go to harvest and they're changing it to Belize city. Our Cruise last October and now one we have booked for September. Last time we stayed on the ship. Please NCL please. Jamaica .... cancun .... grand cayman ... anything but Belize city.

Today I finally received NCL's email notification that the Getaway will call on Belize on the 11/6/16 cruise.

We got ours too, we're cruising in May.

We're cruising in April and haven't received any notice other than the changed port on the itinerary attached to our final payment confirmation. But who usually re-examines an itinerary for changes??

• 1 month later...

We are sailing on the Jade this Sat. We were going to Harvest Caye,but got notice a month ago that it would be Belize City. Notice said it would be another 10 months,so 9 months now,if you can believe them. I'm surprised that some people are just now getting notices,looks like NCL waits until you are a month away before notifying customers of the change. They should be sending notices out to everyone affected by the change. My final payment was in Dec,I made several calls to see if the opening was on schedule. None of the agents at NCL had a clue,some weren't even familiar with Harvest Caye. Looks like they kept their employees in the dark as well as the customers. I would not have booked if I had known. Informing people a month ahead of time gives few people a chance to cancel.

"HARVEST CAYE

In November, our newest cruise destination in southern Belize will be transformed into a 75-acre resort-style experience featuring an expansive pool, lagoon for water sports, private luxury cabanas and exclusive beach for our guests to discover."

https://www.ncl.com/norwegian-edge

Yikes, I just booked a cruise on the Getaway mostly because it stops at Roatan, but I liked that we would go here instead of Belize City again.

It is for Thanksgiving week, so with all the delays, we still may not make it.

I am hoping this time they erred on side of caution and put a date that is later than they think it will actually take now

• 2 weeks later...