SURPRISE! Fees for some Rm Service Items

silvercrikhix

What date exactly? I sail on Monday. I think the things I ordered the most will remain free so I don't mind the change. Will never pay extra for food on Carnival so I will avoid the extra cost items if they are on our cruise.

This is the pay menu

$5.00 – Totally Awesome Wings, Tossed in Your Choice of: • Honey BBQ • Buffalo Sauce • Garlic Parmesan • Teriyaki • Caribbean Jerk

$5.00 – Chicken Tenders, Panko Breaded Chicken Tenders with a Choice of BBQ or Honey Mustard sauce

$6.00 – Spicy Fried Firecracker Shrimp, Spiced Shrimp, Panko Coated and Fried with Chili Ginger Dip, Served with French Fries

$5.00 Killer Chicken Quesadilla, Grilled Chipotle Seasoned Chicken, Onions, Peppers and Grated Monterey Jack Cheese. Fresh Pico de Gallo, Guacamole

$5.00 – Authentic Philly Cheesesteak, Frizzled Steak, Melted Cheese and Grilled Onions on a Hoagie Roll, Served with French Fries

$5.00 Pan Pizza, Hand-Stretched Dough, Topped with Fresh Ingredients and Baked to Order. Cheese, Pepperoni, or Ham and Pineapple

$1.50 – Side of Fries

$2.00 – Sweet Potato Fries

$4.00 – Old Fashioned Banana Split

Edited by 13point1

Save your money, tried the wings and cheese steak on the splendor over thanksgiving.....the wings were so-so and the cheese steak not worth it at all....

I'll have No problem trying the wings and Philly cheesesteak for the small fee

I'll be sure to post back after my cruise how they were 😜

Sandwiches

Served with Potato Salad, Coleslaw, Potato Chips or Pretzels.

Choose White, Whole Wheat, Rye or gluten free Bread.

Tuna Salad

Roast Turkey

Ham and Cheese

Peanut Butter and Jelly

Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato

Grilled American Cheese

Grilled Reuben with Corned Beef and Swiss Cheese

Salads

Garden Salad

Choice of Ranch, 1,000 Island, Balsamic Vinaigrette, Blue Cheese or Fat Free Honey Mustard Dressing

Caesar Salad –House Made Dressing, Shaved Parmesan Cheese

Market Vegetable Platter

Assorted Garden Vegetables with Dips

Complimentary Desserts

New York Cheesecake

Assorted Cookies

Chocolate Cake

Beverages

Juices – Orange, Tomato, Apple, Grapefruit

Regular and Decaffeinated Coffee

Hot Tea – Iced Tea

Hot Chocolate – Milk

Skim Milk – Chocolate Milk-

Edited by 13point1

All you really ever need from room service is a BLT and the chocolate cake. Oh, that chocolate cake is absolutely heavenly. Those remain free so I am happy as can be. :)

I have a weakness for chicken tenders, I am like a 5 year old boy that way. I will try not to spend $5 on those but if I am drunk I can't make any promises. lol

No surprise, been discussed here for months. I can find something included on room service if I want something. About the only time I will pay extra for food is those darn big slices of cake. They call to me when I walk by. We always share a slice. :p

NO. It is not the big cakes slices that call to me. It is those HUGE wonderful, delicious cookies. They keep talking until I break down and buy one. Luckily my husband demands half when I get to the room, so I am saved some.

LOVE that place.

We must be distant cousins

Other than coffee sometimes in the morning.......and long ago breakfast on Shore Trip days......we have never used Room Service. MY daughter and her husband, and One Small Grandchild..........enjoyed room service every night.

Edited by AmberTeka

NO. It is not the big cakes slices that call to me. It is those HUGE wonderful, delicious cookies. They keep talking until I break down and buy one. Luckily my husband demands half when I get to the room, so I am saved some.

LOVE that place.

We must be distant cousins

Other than coffee sometimes in the morning.......and long ago breakfast on Shore Trip days......we have never used Room Service. MY daughter and her husband, and One Small Grandchild..........enjoyed room service every night.

Uh oh, I haven't tried the cookies......YET! :D

All you really ever need from room service is a BLT and the chocolate cake. Oh, that chocolate cake is absolutely heavenly. Those remain free so I am happy as can be. :)

I have a weakness for chicken tenders, I am like a 5 year old boy that way. I will try not to spend $5 on those but if I am drunk I can't make any promises. lol

That's the issue with Guy's replacing the grill, no more chicken tenders unless you get them from room service or the kid's MDR menu.

Edited by SadieN

Don't know why I am still surprised at the mentality of so many posters here of "It doesn't bother me so it's ok."

If Carnival had everything that everyone wanted, they'd have to have a food ship sailing along side the cruise ship. So, if they have and/or keep some of the things I like, that's good. It doesn't surprise me at all.