Cruised quite a few times- but this is the first time...

First time on a ship with 2.0.

First time I will have to stop DH from eating too many Guy's burgers.

First time I will get my child to get some arts, culture and history because we are going to a Mayan ruin, (kicking and screaming for a beach).

So DH and I have cruised a fair bit- and no they are not all listed on here;-). But I was wondering for repeat cruisers with a cruise coming up- is there anything that will be a first for you?

For example- this is the first time we are traveling with just carry on bags. This is the first time we are using faster to the fun.

Cruising in less than two weeks...

4 new ports for us (booked excursions for 2 of them so we could see the sights)

First time booking a guarantee cabin

First time flying out of San Juan

We always travel with only carry-on bags...makes it difficult for the elegant nights but we have yet to decide if we will eat in the dining room on those nights.

My 1st ten day cruise

My first eleven day cruise

And they are B2B, so my 1st ever twenty one day sailing on the Glory for the 1st time. (I've been on the other 4 Conquest class ships.)

HAve fun, and take care of the ship! my parents aer on the first leg with you, and then we embark on your debark day!

This will be our FIRST cruise ever.

We will be celebrating our 10th anniversary onboard!

Sailing from Galveston on Freedom, March 26th 2016.

Happy anniversary! We cruised for our 10th on the Dream, 6 years ago. :D

As for my firsts:

Pre cruise, first time going to Clearwater Marine Acquarium

First time my MIL and my DH's uncle have ever cruised

** First time DH's uncle will have ever been to the Ocean!!

First time cruising with our ids in someone else's room (one with each of the other adults.)

• 3 weeks later...

Now that I'm back from my latest cruise, I would like to add a few firsts:

* First time actively watching the big screen. I watched the second half of the Patriots-Broncos football game. Not a bad experience. I had a better than expected view from Deck 10, where there were very few people. I'll have to try it again sometime.

* First time on the big stage. At the morning show, I got a trivia question right and they asked me to sing the appropriate song. I should've refused, but in a moment of whimsy I told them I'd be really bad at it. They didn't care. I wasn't very good. They got a partner for me who knew the song better and had a better voice. Eventually they put us out of our misery.

* First time on Carnival's TV. See above. I didn't see it, but maybe 30 others saw this awkwardness on TV. The DVD will be out in May. :)

* First time attending the Welcome Aboard show live. I had seen it before on TV, but I had some extra time in my schedule and headed on down. It was OK. I might do it again sometime.

* First time calling room service. No answer. One of these days, I'll actually get room service.

And now reactions to the items I posted three weeks ago and have now experienced:

* Galveston - getting on the shuttle was a mess. Embarking was slower than I'm used to, though it was mostly just standing in lines.

* Assigned arrival times - OK for me, since I got the time slot that I wanted. There was a group of people outside who I assume were too early for their slots and watched us go inside. It probably wasn't as good for them, since it was windy and a little chilly.

* Saffie - As I mentioned in another thread, she was OK, suitable for ordinary use.

* The ports - All nice, all had their distinctive parts. We anchored near Spotts Bay for Grand Cayman. My guess is they don't get a lot of business because there wasn't much there for us.

First time on the Sunshine.

First time leaving out of Port Canaveral, (unless you count the Big Red Boat 22 years ago!)

First time taking my daughter without a sibling or friend to hang with her. Her first time stuck with the "old people", as she says.

First time to Curaçao and Aruba.

So DH and I have cruised a fair bit- and no they are not all listed on here;-). But I was wondering for repeat cruisers with a cruise coming up- is there anything that will be a first for you?For example- this is the first time we are traveling with just carry on bags. This is the first time we are using faster to the fun.

This will be our first Blogger's Cruise! Yoo Hoo!

On our last cruise, which was #7, we had a few firsts...

--first time we used Faster to Fun

--first time we sailed on the Dream

--first time we cruised out of New Orleans

--first time trying Anytime Dining, which we loved!

I leave on the Sunshine this coming Friday and will experience a few firsts...

--first time on the Sunshine

--first time at Port Canaveral

--first time we are renting a car prior to the cruise

--first time flying in and out of Orlando for a cruise

--first time I am limiting the number of shoes I pack to 6 pair!

Have a great day everyone~

Deb

So DH and I have cruised a fair bit- and no they are not all listed on here;-). But I was wondering for repeat cruisers with a cruise coming up- is there anything that will be a first for you?

I'm cruising in March. It will be my first solo cruise, ... sorta.

My DH and I always cruised together. He passed in May.

I went on a cruise this past November, with my 16 yo grandson.

I hardly saw him ( I told him to "Go make friends". He did). So I was almost alone. He had a great time and that's what I wanted for him. :)

Edited by WetToes

On my upcoming cruise in March it'll be my first:

First ever carnival cruise!

First time ever flying across the country!

First time to the east coast

First time going to Florida

First time going on a Caribbean cruise!

First time in the Caribbean islands!

First time ever trying a guy's burger! [emoji57]

First ever family cruise!

And first time ever doing late dining!

I am super excited for this cruise! :D

Edited by Alexv500

• 9 months later...

I'm bumping this because it's a fun topic, and I have a cruise coming up in a few days.

There will be a few firsts for sure:

* First time on the Carnival Splendor

* First time visiting Grand Turk, Amber Cove, and Curacao

* First time out of the country during a presidential election

I might sneak in a few other firsts.

This will be my first cruise since becoming a mommy, so ...my son will be 2 1/2 years, and I haven't cruised in almost 3, so it is TOTALLY time

My 1st time on the Splendor

1st time trying any time dining

Edited by pyropoodle