Oasis of the Seas Balcony Staterooms feedback?

As always, I am reaching out to my fellow cruisers who have sailed Oasis of the Seas and have stayed in the Balcony Staterooms available.

* Boardwalk View Balcony *

* Central Park View Balcony *

* Ocean View Balcony *

We are splurging on this (our 3rd cruise) one and want to get a balcony and would love to hear about the pros and cons to the different balcony options. I know it all depends on what you want: do you want to look at people across from you on other balconies or do you want total privacy and overlook the ocean. I could take either one.

It would seem the staterooms overlooking the Boardwalk and Central Park could tend to get noisy (true)?

OH, and are the bathrooms in the balcony staterooms any bigger that the bathrooms in the Inside Staterooms. Those things are teeny tiny.

Thanks for any feedback!

To me, the outside is the only option. I've been on the Oasis, and the inside balconies are just that. There is no balcony per say. It's really a bay window, and limited privacy. The bathrooms, I believe, are the same for all cabins except suites.

I sailed in an oceanview balcony on Oasis and a Central Park balcony on Allure. My thoughts:

The ocean view was very nice. Great view of the water going by, sunsets/sunrises, etc. That was my first cruise, and there was SO much to do on the ship that I was really only in the cabin to sleep/shower/shave/change clothes so I actually spent a total of maybe 2-3 hours on the balcony all week.

The CP balcony was an interesting change. You do need to remember to close the curtains (at least the sheers during the daytime) to change in the room or you will give the folks across from you a show. Once you get past that, I actually kind of liked sitting on the balcony and listening to the musicians down below during the evening, hearing the piper up on the top deck occasionally, and of course people-watching at all hours of the day and night. On that cruise, we still spent most of our time out and about the ship, maybe 10 hours on the balcony all week.

As far as noise, I am a very sound sleeper so nothing bothers me at night, but in both cases the room is pretty quiet with the door closed (even during the day when the pool band was playing) - we were on deck 12, 2 decks below the pools. If you leave the door open, it will be noisy and get hot - the A/C only works when the balcony door is shut and latched.

No experience with Boardwalk balconies yet, maybe next time!

Hope that helps!

I have been in all 3 categories. The outside ocean balcony cabins are like being on any other ship with the same type cabin. An inside balcony cabin you'll only experience on an Oasis Class Ship. I didn't like the Central Park balcony cabin as much as I liked the Boardwalk balcony. On the Boardwalk balcony I felt more in the open because I had some view of the water. Also, there is a lot more going on with the Aqua Theater and other activities. The Central Park balcony seemed to me more loud probably because there is no open end like you have on the boardwalk. I'll take any type of balcony cabin over an inside or an ocean view cabin

As always, I am reaching out to my fellow cruisers who have sailed Oasis of the Seas and have stayed in the Balcony Staterooms available.

* Ocean View Balcony *

We are splurging on this (our 3rd cruise) one and want to get a balcony and would love to hear about the pros and cons to the different balcony options. I know it all depends on what you want: do you want to look at people across from you on other balconies or do you want total privacy and overlook the ocean. I could take either one.

It would seem the staterooms overlooking the Boardwalk and Central Park could tend to get noisy (true)?

OH, and are the bathrooms in the balcony staterooms any bigger that the bathrooms in the Inside Staterooms. Those things are teeny tiny.

Thanks for any feedback!

If I'm going to pay for a balcony, it will be private and overlook the ocean. Not the top of trees or a merry go round

For us, we chose the ocean view balcony because we enjoy sitting on our balcony to read or eat and you just can't beat seeing the ocean. We live in IL so being on the ocean is why we cruise and we don't want to look across and see neighbors on their balcony. We like the privacy of an ocean view balcony and we always choose deck 8 so that we have Central Park a few steps away. It really depends upon what you want to get out of your balcony. I can tell you that the bathrooms have capsule showers and tiny sinks so if you can splurge on a Jr Suite, the bath is much larger and nicer. If you watch the sales, you can pick up a JS at a good price.

I found the CP balconies very warm, our kids like the BW balcony, but we prefer the ocean view balconies for the view of the ocean and the privacy. I think it depends on your budget, but outside balconies would be my first choice, followed by BW, and I would try to get one as far aft as possible so I could see the water, and I don't think I would ever take a CP balcony, but I have friends who always take that and love it. Different strokes for different folks.

Edited by billsgal

Both on our Oasis sailing and upcoming Allure sailing we chose an ocean view balcony. The CP balconies remind me of a hotel atrium and we found it to be rather humid when hanging out there. We also like the privacy of ocean view balconies and wouldn't enjoy looking across at others...we find it relaxing just sitting out on the balcony at night and listening to the ocean.

I found the CP balconies very warm, our kids like the BW balcony, but we prefer the ocean view balconies for the view of the ocean and the privacy. I think it depends on your budget, but outside balconies would be my first choice, followed by BW, and I would try to get one as far aft as possible so I could see the water, and I don't think I would ever take a CP balcony, but I have friends who always take that and love it. Different strokes for different folks.

I have enjoyed a few boardwalk balconies because it's fun to people watch. But after a couple times I go back to the regular and more expensive balconies. Unless I get the aquatheater suite. Then it's the best of both worlds. But that has only happened on very off-season cruises.

DW and I don't see the appeal of a CP/BW balcony over an OV one, except maybe price. Getting fresh air into the room makes it better than an inside or regular oceanview window room, but if you're going for the balcony, then enjoy it ocean-facing!

To me, the outside is the only option. I've been on the Oasis, and the inside balconies are just that. There is no balcony per say. It's really a bay window, and limited privacy. The bathrooms, I believe, are the same for all cabins except suites.

The CP balconies do indeed have a full balcony.

You would have been referring to the Central Park View cabins which are much like the Promenade View cabins with the bay window. There are also Central Park Balcony cabins that do indeed have a balcony.

* Ocean View Balcony *

Thanks for any feedback!

I have also had all 3 on Oasis class ships, the Boardwalk balcony (11727) was the noisiest room room I have ever had on any ship ever & I have over 900 nights at sea.

I agree with most of the above. First the rooms and balconies are all identical in size. My daughter and friend stayed in CP and thought it was just OK. We stayed in BW and liked it as a one time novelty. It was somewhat loud. We were near the back of the ship with a view of the AquaTheater and ocean. I would never stay in BW near the front. This upcoming trip we chose to go back to OV which is what I would recommend.