Phase out of Concierge Lounge

Moltar

I have grown extremely weary of all of the Bitching and Complaining from all of these entitled C & A members. ...

You have two choices in life...like it or get over it. Or maybe, purchase a Grand Suite...What a concept! ;)

Umm, whom exactly did you say was Bitching and Complaining?

The very first line of the "Terms and Conditions"

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefits.do

"General Terms & Conditions

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. has the right to terminate the Crown & Anchor Society® Program ("the Program") or to change the Terms and Conditions of participation and benefits, in whole or in part; at any time without notice.

Last I heard, there have been no official changes to the existing program

Edited by yogimax

Last I heard, there have been no official changes to the existing program

It will happen when the economics of the CL no longer can accommodate suites guests, pinnacle members and diamond plus members. The diamond plus members will be booted just like the diamond members were a couple of years ago.

And when I was a diamond, the C/L was stated benefit subject to revision; hence the Diamond lounge.

The C/L has always been for Suite guest, and as an added perk for Diamond and Diamond +. Now the Enhanced Suite Program has been introduced and the former C/L is now the Suite Lounge. With D & D+ having their own lounge + 3 drinks in any bar.

So no one misunderstands what I am about to convey here: I am a diamond + with 399 cruise days. All of which, with the exception of about 21 days were spent in Grand Suites or above.

I have grown extremely weary of all of the Bitching and Complaining from all of these entitled C & A members. If I am dropping anywhere from 12 to 25k on a Suite and I cannot sit down in a lounge because people in a Interior 2k cabin have camped out in said lounge. Not only will I be addressing this personally to the Captain, but Miami as well and I could give a **** less, who on this board does not like it. You have two choices in life...like it or get over it. Or maybe, purchase a Grand Suite...What a concept! ;)

Geez-jmo- a little anti-social! Perhaps use some of that 12-25K to order in drinks and hors d'oeuvres to your own private special lounge where your seat is always available. It's called your suite!

What is the difference between the CL and the DL, Thank you.

Basically the same now. On some classes of ships the Diamond Club has better views. Concierge Lounge started for use of Suites guests, then expanded for high level C&A members. Diamond Club started when the CL became too crowded and Diamonds were excluded from the CL.

Basically the same now. On some classes of ships the Diamond Club has better views. Concierge Lounge started for use of Suites guests, then expanded for high level C&A members. Diamond Club started when the CL became too crowded and Diamonds were excluded from the CL.
I disagree, the DL Started with Freedom Class (2006) Edited by FLACRUISER99

Take out location, furniture/fixtures and there is none. Same coffee machine, same snacks, and same drinks. Each has their own C but even they trade back and forth sometimes. Even the new suite lounge has the same stuff, except they offer a free wine and a beer starting mid day.

As previously posted - For free drinks it is 15 minutes

CL - To be shure of a seat arrive 45 minutes before serving

DL - To be shure of a seat arrive 30 minutes before serving

To end the futile exchanges

Full Suites should have the CL + vouchers

P's & D+ should have the DL + vouchers

D's with RCL earned points should have vouchers only (not Elite X reciprocity)

Everyone else receives didlysquat.

I disagree, the DL Started with Freedom Class (2006)

That may be true for Freedom Class, but I remember making a reservation while on a cruise and being told that since I was becoming Diamond I would be able to use the CL. When I went on the cruise a few months later, diamonds were no longer allowed to use the CL. There was nothing for Diamonds and after complaints the "Diamond Event" was created. Slowly, Diamond Clubs were added to ships. Jewel will get a Diamond Club (finally) in April.

Edited by ARCruisinNana

That may be true for Freedom Class, but I remember making a reservation while on a cruise and being told that since I was becoming Diamond I would be able to use the CL. When I went on the cruise a few months later, diamonds were no longer allowed to use the CL. There was nothing for Diamonds and after complaints the "Diamond Event" was created. Slowly, Diamond Clubs were added to ships. Jewel will get a Diamond Club (finally) in April.
Yes, I agree with that.

Yes, I agree with that.

I am curious, was this around 2006?

You are indeed correct. Sometime after the D members were graciously invited to use the concierge lounge a few of them, in their mindset, took over ownership and even referred to it as the D lounge. The actual D lounges, preceded by the D event, came after the uproar when D members lost lounge access.

The Diamond C&A Members were excommunicated from the CL effective September 1, 2009.

Diamonds got booted in 2009 I believe

Thanks guys. When this happened we would most likely still have been Gold on the C&A level and didn't follow this type of thing at all. In all honesty this would have been when we were caring for our sick daughter.

I know this event comes up in discussion on the boards at times and IMO it is good to know when this happened. I like knowing bits of information like this.

Again, many thanks.:)

Oasis and Allure have a Suite Lounge and D/D+ are together in the Diamond Lounge. Other ships are adding a Suite Lounge. What's against Corporate Policy?

Anthem apparently doesn't have a suite lounge, but a Concierge Lounge. It's entirely possible, however, that JD was acting with Miami's knowledge and consent (if he did indeed push D+ out, which later posters seems to have said he did not).

As for signage, signs on Oasis still point to Wonderland on Deck 11, and the stateroom TV talks of the Diamond Lounge being located on Deck 4. So I won't be holding my breath for new signage no matter what they do.

You are indeed correct. Sometime after the D members were graciously invited to use the concierge lounge a few of them, in their mindset, took over ownership and even referred to it as the D lounge. The actual D lounges, preceded by the D event, came after the uproar when D members lost lounge access.

Sorta like some D+ now refer to the CL as the D+ Lounge😉

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I sailed with Juan Diego as concierge on 11/30/15 - 12/11/15 the suite lounge was only for Pinnacle members and Suite guest then as well. D and D+ had their own lounge on Deck 5. The D/L on the Anthem is huge and very comfortable for all of the D & D+ and they are very well taken care of. If D+ were to be allowed in the S/L, it would be completely over whelmed, due to the vast amount of Suites onboard.
Just curious?????

I sailed with Juan Diego as concierge on 11/30/15 - 12/11/15 the suite lounge was only for Pinnacle members and Suite guest then as well. D and D+ had their own lounge on Deck 5. The D/L on the Anthem is huge and very comfortable for all of the D & D+ and they are very well taken care of. If D+ were to be allowed in the S/L, it would be completely over whelmed, due to the vast amount of Suites onboard.
Have family on Anthem right now that are in the CL each evening for cocktails and guess what they are D+. As far as the D lounge being "plenty large enough" for all the D and D+ , your certainly delirious....:)

Geez-jmo- a little anti-social! Perhaps use some of that 12-25K to order in drinks and hors d'oeuvres to your own private special lounge where your seat is always available. It's called your suite!

Not at all, I am one of the most gregarious and well versed people that you would ever meet. Why should I order anything to my room, when all Suite guest, will have a Suite Lounge to utilize and socialize within?

Then come May, it will officially be a dedicated Suite Lounge on the Anthem. Already is on A & O and when the Harmony is delivered, it will there as well. :eek:

Umm, whom exactly did you say was Bitching and Complaining?

Like I stated, I am D+ myself. "Whom"...Ah, a majority of D & D+ members that I have encountered over the past few years either onboard or on Cruise Critic. Which has been well recognized by others as well.