Phase out of Concierge Lounge

Moltar

I agree. LB is currently in dry dock and is getting a suite lounge. The former CL will be a library and card room. This probably will ease crowding for gold card holders. But I don't see any relief for the D and D+ folks unless every ship creates an over flow area for the D lounge.

I agree. LB is currently in dry dock and is getting a suite lounge. The former CL will be a library and card room. This probably will ease crowding for gold card holders. But I don't see any relief for the D and D+ folks unless every ship creates an over flow area for the D lounge.

Just my speculation but I wouldn't be surprised if the Diamond Lounges become earmarked for just D+ and Pinnacle with D's provided the 3 drinks at any bar coupons only. (Been saying this since they introduced the 3 drink coupons). This will provide the crowding relief in the DL's. Agree D+ will lose access to the Suite Lounge but Pinnacle's will likely retain access there.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

They HAVE an overflow program - it's called "3 Free Drinks" in any bar during happy hour.

Then why do all the newest Quantum class ships all have a Concierge Lounge?

Great Question!

I don't think they will do that on the smaller ships either. There's no room.

I LOVE the Suite Lounge on Oasis, but could see that the Diamond Lounge is too small for everyone else.

They HAVE an overflow program - it's called "3 Free Drinks" in any bar during happy hour.

Great Question!

I don't think they will do that on the smaller ships either. There's no room.

I LOVE the Suite Lounge on Oasis, but could see that the Diamond Lounge is too small for everyone else.

Darrell, the "old" Concierge lounge on OA and. AL has been renamed to he "diamond" lounge, so it should hold many more people than the old DL.

The "suite lounge" is now only forSuites and Pinnacles.

BTW, hope you and Donna are doing well. We are doing Independence next week, AL in Amat, SR in August and Sept, B2B, and SR again in Oct for th repo. Any chance we will see you and Donna?

Anyone else notice the slow phase out of Concierge Lounges for 'Suite Lounges"? Looks like D+ access to Concierge Lounge will be history in a few years.

strictly from a space available point of view, this makes sense. there are MANY more D+s nowadays( and an equally high number of just plain Ds)

and customers have been clamoring for an improved suite experience and as a suite only cruiser, I expect to be able to walk into the lounge that I have access to and be able to find a seat and not have to stake a claim 45 minutes before cocktail hour begins.

Have said this a bunch of times before, adding the vouchers was a great idea. but when they did, the Ds and D+s now double dip.. they spend an hour in a lounge then leave and get another 2-3 drinks free, while us lowly suites only get what we can slam down before dinner.

one thing I do not like is the fact that Concierge lounges tend to be in crap locations( deck 10 by elevators? really? no view?!) and the D lounges are bigger, better laid out and in better spots. so if they rearrange the deck plans to give us a Suite lounge that is nicer in all aspects, I am all for it.

let the Ds keep the vouchers. D+ can have the D Lounge and let us suites and Pinnacles have a lounge to ourselves. I'd even be magnanimous and bump up the D vouchers to 5.

strictly from a space available point of view, this makes sense. there are MANY more D+s nowadays( and an equally high number of just plain Ds)

and customers have been clamoring for an improved suite experience and as a suite only cruiser, I expect to be able to walk into the lounge that I have access to and be able to find a seat and not have to stake a claim 45 minutes before cocktail hour begins.

Have said this a bunch of times before, adding the vouchers was a great idea. but when they did, the Ds and D+s now double dip.. they spend an hour in a lounge then leave and get another 2-3 drinks free, while us lowly suites only get what we can slam down before dinner.

one thing I do not like is the fact that Concierge lounges tend to be in crap locations( deck 10 by elevators? really? no view?!) and the D lounges are bigger, better laid out and in better spots. so if they rearrange the deck plans to give us a Suite lounge that is nicer in all aspects, I am all for it.

let the Ds keep the vouchers. D+ can have the D Lounge and let us suites and Pinnacles have a lounge to ourselves. I'd even be magnanimous and bump up the D vouchers to 5.

The Diamond Lounges being based on C & A status carry more prestige or exclusivity as they are based on long term, loyal repeat cruisers which equals more revenue and individual value over time.

Suite Lounges (formerly the Concierge Lounge) are a singular perk that is offered to the Suite guests, many of which may be singular RCI cruisers with no specific loyalty, or long term revenue, to RCI.

I will caveat that in your case by stating you are a repeat RCI cruiser who does so by way of Suite purchases. In that respect you are also building C & A status which will eventually give you access to both as well. (We are a combination of both - sometimes in a suite, other times not). But many Suite guest may not be repeat loyal cruisers, and therefore have not earned the perks that loyalty will provide.

With the likely changes with the Suite Lounges, I will probably loose my C & A access to them - and that's OK, although with 25 years loyalty to RCI I could argue that I've earned it. And clearly Pinnacles have and should not loose that - which they won't. But I typically enjoy the Diamond Lounges better and rarely use the Concierge Lounge - even when in a suite - so I will continue to do so and the Suite guests can enjoy theirs.

And to be clear, the "Plain D's" don't have access to the Concierge Lounge so they are not stealing your seats or your drinks. And if we are only there for an hour then leave to use our 3 coupons, you will still be there for the rest of the time consuming your unlimited drinks - so I'd say its a wash. But very generous of you to concede and additional 2 drinks......:rolleyes:

The suite lounge was NOT formerly the CL. It did not exist before:rolleyes:

The CL on O class was renamed to the diamond club

D,D+,1st time cruiser and anyone are more than welcome in the new suite lounge if they book a suite, so NO one is restricted from using

Edited by setsail

The suite lounge was NOT formerly the CL. It did not exist before:rolleyes:

The CL on O class was renamed to the diamond club

D,D+,1st time cruiser and anyone are more than welcome in the new suite lounge if they book a suite, so NO one is restricted from using

Correct, it didn't. But the ships that have Suite lounges are there in place of the CL. As you indicate, Oasis class ships have moved the DL to the old CL and have added the SL - and no CL remains. :rolleyes:

And of course C & A tier status guests who purchase a suite are entitled to use the Suite Lounge - that is their intent. However, non- suite C & A guests are restricted from access unless they are Pinnacle.

There are a few more D+ and many, many many more D. The numbers of D compared to D+ is astronomical...

The Diamond Lounges being based on C & A status carry more prestige or exclusivity as they are based on long term, loyal repeat cruisers which equals more revenue and individual value over time.

Suite Lounges (formerly the Concierge Lounge) are a singular perk that is offered to the Suite guests, many of which may be singular RCI cruisers with no specific loyalty, or long term revenue, to RCI.

I will caveat that in your case by stating you are a repeat RCI cruiser who does so by way of Suite purchases. In that respect you are also building C & A status which will eventually give you access to both as well. (We are a combination of both - sometimes in a suite, other times not). But many Suite guest may not be repeat loyal cruisers, and therefore have not earned the perks that loyalty will provide.

With the likely changes with the Suite Lounges, I will probably loose my C & A access to them - and that's OK, although with 25 years loyalty to RCI I could argue that I've earned it. And clearly Pinnacles have and should not loose that - which they won't. But I typically enjoy the Diamond Lounges better and rarely use the Concierge Lounge - even when in a suite - so I will continue to do so and the Suite guests can enjoy theirs.

And to be clear, the "Plain D's" don't have access to the Concierge Lounge so they are not stealing your seats or your drinks. And if we are only there for an hour then leave to use our 3 coupons, you will still be there for the rest of the time consuming your unlimited drinks - so I'd say its a wash. But very generous of you to concede and additional 2 drinks......:rolleyes:

Agree with you leave. Personally always stay in a Suite and am currently D+ soon to be Pinnacle. So when I read posts like the one you just commented on I realize that some folks have a sense on entitlement, feel they are special in some way? All I can say is ignorance is bliss. Enjoy your cruises LIAB, your post has merit, the one we are talking about has none, so sad.

This August will be our first cruise with access to both the D lounge and Suite lounge.............................

Cannot wait to try out the D lounge and see for myself the difference between the two.

Safe travels

Both the D club and SL have the same coffee pot, the same food at night and for breakfast. In the SL you can order drinks during the day if you want to pay, but they have the cheap wine & maybe 2 beers for no up charge starting at 11 or so.

D club is bigger and 2 stories and I think has better furniture and is the same CL it's always been with just a new name at the door, still allows the same passengers in with the addition d guest and any gold card that's d and up.

Edited by setsail

Totally disagree with your suggestions. 'Double Dip?' 'Crap locations?'

Hope they don't change it as I like it the way it is!

Just my speculation but I wouldn't be surprised if the Diamond Lounges become earmarked for just D+ and Pinnacle with D's provided the 3 drinks at any bar coupons only. (Been saying this since they introduced the 3 drink coupons). This will provide the crowding relief in the DL's. Agree D+ will lose access to the Suite Lounge but Pinnacle's will likely retain access there.

I'm in agreement with you.

It is all speculation, but it makes sense. D's will get the coupons, D+'s will have the eventual Diamond Plus lounge, and Pinnacles will have the Suite Lounge with the suite guests (as well as access to the D+ Lounge). I can see all of the Concierge Lounges eventually fading away. IMO, I think that the addition of the Suite Lounge (and removal of the CL) points in that direction, but maybe the plan is actually just to give the suites a more inclusive experience, while letting the D and D+'s battle for a seat in the lounge. Who knows...

To the poster wondering why Anthem has a CL: I do not know, but it's very easy to change that sign at the door, just like every other CL in the fleet.

Again, this is SPECULATION.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

To the Op, just about once a month someone brings up this so called sensitive topic and folks go bananas. Like to know who is doing most of the bitching on this board--Suite guests, Pinnacle or all others. Each group seems (in their minds) to have been wronged by the RCL policies--maybe to satisfy everyone, RCL should simply eliminate all lounges.

Sounds to me that some people need to join AA if that's all they care about cruising is drinks. My wife and I are D+ and feel we have spent a lot of money to achieve that status with R granted we stayed in a suite most of the times and enjoyed the CL. The thing is you can be a one time Charlie and get the same status as a plus or pen. The new format that has a lounge for suite only is fine with me but don't sell me on the idea that once I reach a certain level I will be entitled to this or that and than change it. Unfortunately by the time you reach pen your cruising days are numbered and the spread between D+ and pen is to large maybe a few more levels need to be added with a change in perks. It appears to me that R is trying to catch up to NCL and there Haven suites. They have there own lounge pool res ect which is very nice. Maybe next R will go to free style cruising.

Agree with you leave. Personally always stay in a Suite and am currently D+ soon to be Pinnacle. So when I read posts like the one you just commented on I realize that some folks have a sense on entitlement, feel they are special in some way? All I can say is ignorance is bliss. Enjoy your cruises LIAB, your post has merit, the one we are talking about has none, so sad.

Thank you and congrats on soon to be Pinnacle. Quite an accomplishment in the cruising world!

Sounds to me that some people need to join AA if that's all they care about cruising is drinks. My wife and I are D+ and feel we have spent a lot of money to achieve that status with R granted we stayed in a suite most of the times and enjoyed the CL. The thing is you can be a one time Charlie and get the same status as a plus or pen. The new format that has a lounge for suite only is fine with me but don't sell me on the idea that once I reach a certain level I will be entitled to this or that and than change it. Unfortunately by the time you reach pen your cruising days are numbered and the spread between D+ and pen is to large maybe a few more levels need to be added with a change in perks. It appears to me that R is trying to catch up to NCL and there Haven suites. They have there own lounge pool res ect which is very nice. Maybe next R will go to free style cruising.

Maybe RCI is trying to catch up to NCL, but also add in Celebrity is doing the same. Trying to catch up to NCL. C has their own dining room and lounge now.