Luxury line?

lahlah57

Do you think this major facelift puts Azamara in the luxury line arena?

I have read many arguments that Azamara was not Luxury but in luxury cruises websites they are posted as just that?

Many lines have been suffering from the negative food reviews that AZ has not escaped......do you imagine with the refurbishment the menus will follow suit:confused:

The only place I see Azamara classified as a luxury line is on the luxury board of this site. For some reason the Host considers Azamara and Oceania luxury lines. They are not as they will be the first to tell you. That's not to say they don't offer a luxurious experience in some ways but just as a Grand Hyatt can do that it is not a luxury hotel. I know some will say Azamara is more than luxurious enough for them (and that may be true.) As long as you enjoy it who cares what the designation is.

after some cruises with AZ and reading the negative comments about MDR we sailed recently with Europa 1 and Europa 2 and Oceania , we were very happy with the quality and varieties they offered on food.

Perhaps AZ can look at theirs menus you will find a lot of dishes with wow factors.

if you compare the prices for suites ,eg cc suite on AZ with 30 sqm and Europa 2 standard suite with 35 sqm , there is not a significant difference as stated by others in this forum.this is not the point on this matter.

AZ should simply turn back to the food quality and varieties we experienced in the past ,everything will be fine as an overall experience .

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

But charges for specialty restaurants unless in a suite.

True, but you can actually get a reservation easily as a result, unlike Regent where you have to beg to get a slot other than the one you can pre-reserve and then have to sit at a table with two or four other people at what you might feel is an undesirable time. The problem with "included" specialty restaurants is that everyone wants to go all the time.

I have some degree of confidence that AZ management will try to address the criticisms of the lack of "wow" factor in Discoveries restaurant. Not confident that some luxury lines will effectively address criticisms of their food quality. However I agree that AZ is not luxury, does not offer the same level of service, space, and features that luxury lines do. On the other hand, AZ can be a much better buy, depending. AZ works for us and we are returning in April, and will probably do so in the future. Not sure about Seabourn or Crystal, for various reasons.

But charges for specialty restaurants unless in a suite.

Hi Wripro,

That's true, but at $25 pp, IMO, the price is very reasonable for the outstanding experience offered. Can't wait to dine at Prime C & Aqualina, onboard Journey, at the end of the month. Both restaurants are my favorite dining venues at Sea.

Glad to hear that the MDR menus are under review.

Any chance of the About Rose toiletries being replaced for something a little more luxurious e.g. Molton Brown, Elmis ?

Hardly a big deal. A big bar of carbolic soap in each bathroom would suffice and BYO if you don't like it.

Hardly a big deal. A big bar of carbolic soap in each bathroom would suffice and BYO if you don't like it.

Wasn't there a British period series where one of the randy toffs was particularly attracted to the serving girls [or "gulls" in UC accent] because of the scent of carbolic soap?

Wasn't there a British period series where one of the randy toffs was particularly attracted to the serving girls [or "gulls" in UC accent] because of the scent of carbolic soap?

I can't recall such a series but it seems the randy toffs were attracted to the serving girls with or without the carbolic!