Unusual Ft. Lauderdale sailaway

rafinmd

Thanks Roy, and Peter, for a very special sailaway! And of course to Lou and Dave for great videography!:) I have to go now, unfortunately, and think of something for dinner.... definitely eek :eek: (Wish I could order from a menu!)

Thanks for posting the webcam photo, Peter and POA1. Just looked up the Cunard big ladies and see that this ship can do 30 knots, and she's 148,500 GRT--talk about moving. Her top speed is close to the QE2 that could make 32 knots, both impressive but perhaps not quite so much considering they are real ocean liners.

David

Wow, that was late but it sounds like QM2 did quite well for herself. I can also attest that those horns are awesome from the top deck, sounds like they might not have come through the webcam very well.

Thank you fellow addicts for letting me relive the result, thank you Lou and Dave, and especially THANK YOU CAPTAIN CHRISTOPHER WELLS.

Roy

Hope to be here for QV's royal sail away tomorrow.

:D

I won't be there for QV. Just not the same. Basically another Vista which are a dime a dozen. QM2 is special. One of a kind. A true ocean liner and a grand presence in any port. She is truly a sight to behold.

Well, it's really nice to read about this sail away. You all seemed a bit awestruck, even the harbormaster...

Hope to be here for QV's royal sail away tomorrow.

I don't think it's so much being awestruck but rather we really appreciate a ship that looks like a ship.:D That's why we love HAL ships. Watching all the apartment of the seas leaving PE weekly, it's so nice to see "real" ships.;)

I don't think it's so much being awestruck but rather we really appreciate a ship that looks like a ship.:D That's why we love HAL ships. Watching all the apartment of the seas leaving PE weekly, it's so nice to see "real" ships.;)

That's the exact reason we have booked our first HAL cruise. We prefer ships rather than 'apts/condos of the sea'. When we aren't on our own boat, we enjoy being on a ship.

I won't be there for QV. Just not the same. Basically another Vista which are a dime a dozen. QM2 is special. One of a kind. A true ocean liner and a grand presence in any port. She is truly a sight to behold.

There are so many reasons to enjoy a sail away on the PE webcam: escape from bitter cold sunless days, getting excited about an upcoming cruise, taking a break from a miserable day, etc.

Somehow I imagine any observers of the QV will manage without you.