Anne Frank House

xeriod

For those that cannot get tickets to AF huis, if you have some more time, take a short trainride to Haarlem. Not ony a charming city, but also a visit to this special place were jews were hidden during WW2. Even a film was made about this. Google Corrie ten Boom and have a look at this website.https://www.corrietenboom.com/old/information.htm

That's great to hear, we will be in Amsterdam quite a bit next year (I think six separate visits due to turn around days on the Prinsendam). One day we plan on visiting Haarlem and had already planned on visiting the Corrie ten Boom, it sounds fascinating. As you say, it ties into the whole story of the Jews trying to survive in WWII. This story is told from the family doing the hiding perspective.

Edited by KirkNC

I noticed this too - really a hassle waiting to find the time that is convenient and if I miss it I'm afraid we won't be going there because I don't want to take the time to stand in line. I am hoping to get one of the latest reserved times so I'll keep watching!

Yes I'm not going to wait hours in the line! We will see what happens...!

• 2 weeks later...

If I can't book tickets online for when we are in Amsterdam pre-cruise this August, then we will pass on a visit to Anne Frank's house:(.

I will start searching daily come May and hope I get lucky as we are flexible in the times we can visit, but I'm not holding out much hope based on what I've seen on the website for what should be available for May, June, etc.

We managed to get our mid June tickets today. It has been an ordeal watching and waiting. We emailed the museum but their response didn't provide much help as to how the system works. When tickets first became available we didn't purchase as the time slot was too early.

I think you have to monitor daily if you want a later session. Good luck all

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

If I can't book tickets online for when we are in Amsterdam pre-cruise this August, then we will pass on a visit to Anne Frank's house:(.

I will start searching daily come May and hope I get lucky as we are flexible in the times we can visit, but I'm not holding out much hope based on what I've seen on the website for what should be available for May, June, etc.

If you check daily, you will almost certainly be able to obtain tickets. :)

We managed to get our mid June tickets today. It has been an ordeal watching and waiting. We emailed the museum but their response didn't provide much help as to how the system works. When tickets first became available we didn't purchase as the time slot was too early.

I think you have to monitor daily if you want a later session. Good luck all

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Ugh...it really shouldn't be this hard to get tickets. You'd think they'd put in a more efficient system.

Ugh...it really shouldn't be this hard to get tickets. You'd think they'd put in a more efficient system.

finally found their response, as I said it's a bit vague but it definitely highlights the needs to check regularly:

Online tickets

You can check on our website if there are tickets available for the day and time you wish to visit the museum. Although most online tickets are sold out at the moment, we add extra tickets last minute (for example a week, two days and one day ahead).

Tickets will be available online about one month prior to your visit. Please keep an eye on our website.

Example: Tickets for the month of June are released somewhere at the end of April.

We first put all the morning tickets online, after a while the afternoon and evening tickets are added as well.

Tickets are available now for July 2016. I have been checking daily and finally have booked 2 tickets for July 15 at 11:00!!! Hooray, this was something I was really looking forward to and am so glad I was able to score the tickets! good luck to all of you who are looking for tickets also.

Is there any special time of day (here in the US) when you are seeing tickets added? I can't monitor this every hour on the hour due to having to work. Very frustrating...

What day and time are you looking for?

oh my gosh!! I just got the two tickets that we needed!! So glad this hunt is over.

very happy for you! I know how glad i was to get our tickets! It is going to be a highlight of our stay in amsterdam. We missed out on it last time we were there and i promised myself we would make it happen! Yay for all of us.

Oh my gosh!! I just got the two tickets that we needed!! So glad this hunt is over.

Still waiting for later in the day tickets for early days in June. This morning when I looked there were all kinds of tickets available for today - who wants to still be looking on the day you want to go? I'd rather not have to do that when I'm in Amsterdam but at least good to know I'd still have a chance to get tickets at the last minute.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got the date and time we wanted for the Anne Frank house - still haven't figured out how they release the times. Earlier today I looked 2 different times and nothing available for June 2 and then at 7AM there were 10 tickets open for a time that worked for us. Since this is the first day of summer vacation for us teachers :-) I had time to keeping checking but who can do that when you have to go to work?!

I'm not going to look anymore! Glad I finally have them printed and ready to go! We will be in Amsterdam 2 weeks from today!!

Finally got the date and time we wanted for the Anne Frank house - still haven't figured out how they release the times. Earlier today I looked 2 different times and nothing available for June 2 and then at 7AM there were 10 tickets open for a time that worked for us. Since this is the first day of summer vacation for us teachers :-) I had time to keeping checking but who can do that when you have to go to work?!

I'm not going to look anymore! Glad I finally have them printed and ready to go! We will be in Amsterdam 2 weeks from today!!

Glad you got the tickets. I agree...who can do this constant website stalking when they have to work. Frustrating system. Enjoy your cruise!

Yes it is a frustrating system. We were going this past April & I started checking the website in Nov. 2015 - almost everyday. (We had been there in April 2015 and had no problems getting tickets online, early in our planning.

This time, no tickets showed up until March 1 and then only evening times. Grabbed them.

Over the previous months I tried emailing the AFH many times (they offer an email) but never received a response. Even emailed the director of the branch in DC and she said she forwarded my request to them and I'd hear from them, shortly. No answer.

If you can get into the pre-program (€5) it's well worth it. They don't alway advertise when they are.

Bobbie