All Inclusive Beverage Package

rs12065

I know that both people in a cabin are not required to purchase the AIBP. Does anyone know how long one must wait before ordering another drink. I am trying to decide if the package is worth it for us. My wife can get a glass of wine and I can wait to order one if it is a reasonable amount of time to wait.

Sharing plans is what has caused at least one other cruise line to require all adults in a cabin to pay for the plan - sharing like some are suggesting will only hurt the rest of us in the long run. Also if the wife takes the husbands card to the bar she may be asked to prove her name is "Jim"

Sharing plans is what has caused at least one other cruise line to require all adults in a cabin to pay for the plan - sharing like some are suggesting will only hurt the rest of us in the long run. Also if the wife takes the husbands card to the bar she may be asked to prove her name is "Jim"

THIS! It is a benefit on Princess that each person can purchase the package they want or no package at all. Many lines require that each person in a cabin who is "of age" purchase the same package in order to avoid this sharing issue.

Cheating will only hurt future cruisers.

I was delighted to find that Princess allowed me to take my mobility impaired daughter's card and get her a diet coke. OK, for medical reasons, I have not had a carbonated beverage for greater than 10 years and I certainly was not cheating. BUT they could have insisted that only she could use her card, which would have made her life much more difficult. I am thankful for this benefit and would hate to see it disappear because people are cheating on their stickers!

Sigh... Why do people always have to try to cheat the system? The card is for the card-holder only.

Can you actually show me where in any fine print it actually says that there is no sharing? If I am allowed a certain amount of drinks in a given period of time and Princess does not specifically state that can not be done, anyone doing what I have just innocently asked is not "cheating the system". It was an honest question because the website was not clear to me on this and if I can be shown otherwise, so be it. Otherwise, I take offense to any suggestion that I am trying to cheat.

Can you actually show me where in any fine print it actually says that there is no sharing? If I am allowed a certain amount of drinks in a given period of time and Princess does not specifically state that can not be done, anyone doing what I have just innocently asked is not "cheating the system". It was an honest question because the website was not clear to me on this and if I can be shown otherwise, so be it. Otherwise, I take offense to any suggestion that I am trying to cheat.

You run the risk of being kicked off the ship.

It would be considered theft.

Is that worth the chance?

Servers/bartenders/waiters etc are all wise to passenger attempting to circumvent the system.

Thats why the price its listed PER PERSON.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

You run the risk of being kicked off the ship.

It would be considered theft.

Is that worth the chance?

Servers/bartenders/waiters etc are all wise to passenger attempting to circumvent the system.

Thats why the price its listed PER PERSON.

I repeat, I wasn't trying to circumvent the system. It was an innocent question trying to get clarification. This question was asked not because I was looking for support for cheating but because the amount of beverages ordered would not be any different. Why do so many Cruise Critic members seem to go out of their way to post negative and misguided responses to innocent questions. As it is, no one has yet answered my original question, which was is there a certain amount of time between drink orders that is limited?

I repeat, I wasn't trying to circumvent the system. It was an innocent question trying to get clarification. This question was asked not because I was looking for support for cheating but because the amount of beverages ordered would not be any different. Why do so many Cruise Critic members seem to go out of their way to post negative and misguided responses to innocent questions. As it is, no one has yet answered my original question, which was is there a certain amount of time between drink orders that is limited?

Its a discussion site.....you are on the internet what do you expect?

Sorry nobody can give you the answer you want to hear.

There's no time limit. If you go to the bar and order a drink and a bottle of water, the bartender puts it through as two separate charges. You can only get one drink at a time. If you drink too much, your card will turned off until you sober up.

I hope the OP was wearing a flame proof suit when they posted. Pax do share and I am sure Princess is aware. A better plan would be to buy a bottle of wine for the discounted price and that you are free to share.

You will not be thrown off the ship if you are caught. It actually is somewhat difficult to get thrown off for violating the rules. Drug use, destroying ship property (eg throwing chairs overboard) and physical fighting are sure tickets to be put ashore at the next stop.

There is no official time limit between getting drinks. It's dependent on the bartender, and they are paying attention. If you're card is ordering dofferent drinks within minutes of each other, they will pick it up and watch for sharing. Your card is swiped for each purchase, and a picture does come up. Good bartenders pay attention and will know regulars who have the package and will notice sharing..I've been witness to it more times than I care to admit.

I'm unclear how you are unclear on the pricing/offering of the package. The package is priced per person per day. How is that difficult to interpret as anything than PER PERSON? Not per two people or per a certain amount of drinks. It's Per Person. Meaning one person. What is unclear about that for you (or anyone else for that matter)?

The package is not for a certain amount of drinks and you can split it however you like. It's Per Person, unlimited within the parameters of the package, which is any beverage up to $10.

If the package isn't a good fit for you, or individually for your wife, don't buy it. It's really that simple. One way to cover your beverage costs, without attempting to cheat the system, is simply to gift yourself OBC in the amount of the package and then you'll be covered just as you would have been with a package, with no limitations, or stress about sneaking around. Or, pay-as-you-go like moat folks, again without the stress of sneaking around and enjoying drinks at different times....

I know that both people in a cabin are not required to purchase the AIBP. Does anyone know how long one must wait before ordering another drink. I am trying to decide if the package is worth it for us. My wife can get a glass of wine and I can wait to order one if it is a reasonable amount of time to wait.[/QUOTE]

All you need to do to decide if the AIBP is worth the cost is ask yourself if you will EACH average 8 drinks per day. If the answer is yes, then buy the package for EACH one of you. If the answer is no for either one of you, then that person should not buy the package and just pay for each drink individually.

I fail to see any meaning to your last sentence other than that you are trying to both get drinks but only paying for one AIBP.

I know that both people in a cabin are not required to purchase the AIBP. Does anyone know how long one must wait before ordering another drink. I am trying to decide if the package is worth it for us. My wife can get a glass of wine and I can wait to order one if it is a reasonable amount of time to wait.

They do check cards. I remember on one particular cruise where my son and I accidentally switched cards (we share the same name). My wife and I went to have a cocktail after dinner and after ordering drinks the waitress came back and said, "I think we have a problem sir, according to your card you are only twelve years old." We all had a good laugh and my wife had to use her card for our drinks! :eek:

10828987125_c9d28e5512.jpg

Well stated.....:):):)

Bob

They do check cards. I remember on one particular cruise where my son and I accidentally switched cards (we share the same name). My wife and I went to have a cocktail after dinner and after ordering drinks the waitress came back and said, "I think we have a problem sir, according to your card you are only twelve years old." We all had a good laugh and my wife had to use her card for our drinks! :eek:

This is a totally different issue--cards of underage persons are made to issue a "flash" on the system when swiped to indicate to the server that this person may not order or be served alcohol. On some lines, they also have an indicator printed on the front of the card.

Another idea that may work for your alcohol consumption is get the AIBP for yourself and if your wife is just a wine drinker, you can purchase bottles of wine at a discount for her to enjoy. Bottles purchased can be shared with anyone

Why do so many Cruise Critic members seem to go out of their way to post negative and misguided responses to innocent questions. As it is, no one has yet answered my original question, which was is there a certain amount of time between drink orders that is limited?

Haha... Just saw this thread. I knew what you were asking and ready to answer, but then found it humorous to read as everyone dog piled on you.

The time between drinks is limited only to your ability to chug. Standing in front of a bartender and slamming drinks is not prohibited as long as it can be safely done. I will not lay claim to either seeing it done or doing it myself. Ask me no questions, I tell you no lies. ;)

I know that both people in a cabin are not required to purchase the AIBP. Does anyone know how long one must wait before ordering another drink. I am trying to decide if the package is worth it for us. [/color]My wife can get a glass of wine and I can wait to order one if it is a reasonable amount of time to wait.[/

All you need to do to decide if the AIBP is worth the cost is ask yourself if you will EACH average 8 drinks per day. If the answer is yes, then buy the package for EACH one of you. If the answer is no for either one of you, then that person should not buy the package and just pay for each drink individually.

I fail to see any meaning to your last sentence other than that you are trying to both get drinks but only paying for one AIBP.

Great post. The OP is clearly now all huffy as he is being called out, but I fail to see how his post could be interpreted to mean that he is not going to try to cheat the system.

If Princess intended it to be shared among more that one person, it wouldn't be a per person price, with the applicable purchaser only having a beverage sticker on their cruise card.

You are not limited to a certain number of drinks within a certain period of time. It is unlimited.

This is what it says on the pre-order form on the Princess website:

All-Inclusive Beverage Package:

Take advantage of our All-Inclusive Beverage Package which includes

any individual beverage item, such as soda, water, cocktails, spirits, wines,

beers, coffee and tea, up to $10 (retail value). Price includes service charge

Item # 0525 – $56.35 per person/per day*^

So I think that it is very clear that there is no sharing.