For Sale

Stakeout

as many know HAL's three smaller ships that remain in the fleet will be going 'bye bye' in the next few years like the Statendam & Ryndam just did.. a sad day for us who like the smaller older ships

found what appears to be listings for the Prinsendam and the Veendam..look at the pics to confirm.. none for the Maasdam but from what we were told it is also on the short list.. click on each pdf brochure link for more info

http://www.qpsships.com/#!cruise-ship-800-passengers-s2200/cj7k

http://www.qpsships.com/#!cruise-ship-1350-passenger-s2152/c1qvf

http://www.qpsships.com/#!pre-owned-cruise-ships/c48h

Edited by Stakeout

it is a shame i didn't win the $1.5 billion powerball. I would have bought the prinsendam as a private yacht! I could have a great time with dw and i and 800 of our closest friends!

:D

I had wanted to sail the Prinsendam, just to have been on all the classes up to but probably not including the Koningsdam.

831ec8c77b4ab61d54e5a7cca7b39eed.png

5696d8f51dce49884c473bca40e13965.png

previous cruises: 2xStatendam, Zaandam, Nieuw Amsterdam

also Norwegian Star&Orient Lines Marco Polo...

Edited by crystalspin

Sadly we all know that those 3 ships will be leaving the fleet some time.

Someone mentioned a couple of months ago about a group that was on the Maasdam looking her over. Guess that group wasn't interested in buying her.

Maasdam has an upcoming Australia season... it may be so P&O Australia can look her over as well... It seems odd to otherwise have the "relatively outdated" Maasdam in the same region as the former Statendam and Ryndam that got a top to bottom bow to stern overhaul but are effectively the exact same ship

I love the staterooms right on the promenade deck on those ships. So convenient for long walks early and late.

Guess I'd better book them while I can.

Volendam also has the lanai rooms, so if Veendam/Maasdam go before you get many more chances, that's another ship that offers them

It will be very sad for me when Maasdam leaves the fleet. DH and I had so many wonderful cruises on her. So many wonderful people.

for us also.. been on her 25x and 504 actual cruise days.. great ship super staff and a perfect size .. last January's back to back on the Maasdam then across the street in PE to the Zuiderdam convinced us bigger is not better.. back on her again in 5 weeks for a 28 day Canal.. it's due to head back to Boston Spring-2017 which could be near its end run

Is she or isn't she for sale then? There's a cruise we might be interested in taking in March-April of 2017 (Hawaii, Tahiti, Marquesas) but hate to book a cruise on her if she's just going to go away before that and/or if she will be looking tired or has unfixed issues because she is in fact for sale

Thoughts?