Labadee

There's also a post on here about Allure at Labadee today. Sitting on my balcony right now enjoying looking out over the island.

For the record, it's not an island, it's simply a fenced-off compound with strictly controlled access.:cool:

Labadee is NOT an island...it's on an island....pretty much every landmass is an island!!!

The majority of landmass is actually part of Continents. Islands (a landmass surrounded by water, but not large enough to be a Continent) only make up a very small percentage of landmass.

The majority of landmass is actually part of Continents. Islands (a landmass surrounded by water, but not large enough to be a Continent) only make up a very small percentage of landmass.

Good grief. Picky, picky. Love the geography lesson for today. Only on CC. Lol

The Allure did dock in Labadee today. No sign of any protests. Everything was up and running except for the jet skis.

Do you know why no jet ski's? I believe they have other excursions that go out and about around the island. It would be interesting if they only canceled the jet ski's.

Do you know why no jet ski's? I believe they have other excursions that go out and about around the island. It would be interesting if they only canceled the jet ski's.

They were damaging the fishing nets of the villagers. :rolleyes:

For the record, it is an island. Labadee is a peninsula on an island.

For the record, there is no island named Labadee. Yes, it is part of an island but not an island unto it's own. It really is a "private port". And it is misleading when cruise lines describe their private ports as islands. If the cruise line owns the entire island, fine, otherwise it is a private port.

For the record, it's not an island, it's simply a fenced-off compound with strictly controlled access.:cool:

What idiot says "I'm looking at a peninsula?" I was looking at the island of Haiti upon which is the resort of Labadee and the town of Labadie.