Bringing soda or water onboard?

beachnut2011

Yes, you can bring water and/or soda on Princess ships.

It is best to carry them on. It is then easy for security to check. If it is in your checked luggage, you may get an invite to the naughty room so they can verify the contents.

Is it really worth the hassle??? Sounds like a lot of work to save a couple of bucks... Only saying...

It really isn't an issue of saving "a couple of bucks". It's because of the fact that only Coke products are available on board. I have a difficult time drinking caffeine after a certain time but the only diet soda available w/o caffeine is Sprite and I don't care for it. So I always bring my own and it's whatever I prefer.

Just use packaging tape to tape them up well. Slap on a luggage tag and leave them with the porter. Give the porter a couple bucks and your favorite non-alcoholic liquid will arrive.

24566870050_2c5f7ae7a0_b.jpg

Edited by masterty

Just use packaging tape to tape them up well. Slap on a luggage tag and leave them with the porter. Give the porter a couple bucks and your favorite non-alcoholic liquid will arrive.

Great suggestion & great picture.

thanks,

There have been recent posts where the porters refused to take them so be prepared to carry on.

That's exactly how i did it and same goes for a case of bottle water. I did it last New Year's Cruise, gave the porter $20, had no problem.:D

Edited by crzy4cruises

This was my first time bringing soda on a cruise line. DW and I both purchased drink packages (AIBP and US&M)and knew we would only need to provide our own soda when hanging out in our cabin. 48 sodas was a bit much. We ended up giving many away to friends and family, still leaving 24 in the cabin when we disembarked. Having our favorite drinks in the cabin was not as urgent as I originally thought. One 12 pack will suffice on our next 7 day trip. It is great to know that your favorite is waiting for you should you need your fix.

It really isn't an issue of saving "a couple of bucks". It's because of the fact that only Coke products are available on board. I have a difficult time drinking caffeine after a certain time but the only diet soda available w/o caffeine is Sprite and I don't care for it. So I always bring my own and it's whatever I prefer.

Sprite, especially diet Sprite, takes like dishwater to me. And Coke doesn't have any equivalent to my 'Dew. I just hope Princess won't go the way of Carnival and require any soda to be in cans. Tastes too metallic to me. Prefer those 16 or 20 oz bottles.

• 10 months later...

Can someone please tell me if you're allowed to bring soda pop on board? And if so do you just carry it on? Do you put a luggage tag on it? I know rules change we will be cruising end of Feb 2017 on the Princess Regal

Thanks

Edited by BlurtnBunny

Can someone please tell me if you're allowed to bring soda pop on board? And if so do you just carry it on? Do you put a luggage tag on it? I know rules change we will be cruising end of Feb 2017 on the Princess Regal

Thanks

Glad you found the search function...did tou actually read the 17 posts here covering bringing soda onboard? It's all answered there.

Yes, you can bring onboard (post 3). Yes, carry on, several other posts. Yes, put through with checked luggage, several other posts....

So _ yes, you can bring soda. Carry on is easiest so it's not shaken up or separated during luggae, but you can check through as long as it's secured and has a luggage tag on it...

Glad you found the search function...did tou actually read the 17 posts here covering bringing soda onboard? It's all answered there.

Yes, you can bring onboard (post 3). Yes, carry on, several other posts. Yes, put through with checked luggage, several other posts....

So _ yes, you can bring soda. Carry on is easiest so it's not shaken up or separated during luggae, but you can check through as long as it's secured and has a luggage tag on it...

Yes I read them however I know rates and other changes are made starting in 2017 and I did not know if this was one of them

Rules have not changed yet. Hopefully not.

I learnt while on the Golden Princess this past November, that I could have purchased on board from Room Service a package of 6 cans of either Coke or Sprite for the price of 5-from memory at a cost of AUD$12.75. I did not see that option in my Cruise Personalizer beforehand, and I was regularly-ok sometimes several times a day-checking in! It will be much easier for me to put money into On Board Credit and just phone Room Service when I get into my Window Suite in November 2017.

I had some AMAZING good luck, the Handicapped Accessible Window Suite became available-I'd had to book F311 on board as F315 was already taken. I headed to my TA, got 1 of the other agents not my regular TA, but she phoned Princess and got my booking transferred to F315 and without charge!

I am putting money aside so when the 2018-2019 itineraries for Australia are released, usually in early April, I can book for 2018 and hopefully get F315 again. Stupidly, this newbie cruiser FORGOT to purchase a Future Cruise Credit aboard, although I did remember to book this next cruise! I'm learning!

I learnt ever so many new hints while cruising, and what products or clothing really DIDN'T suit my needs, so they will be left home next time. Even when Bass Strait was a bit bouncy on the Saturday night, I still slept like a log Did take an anti-nausea tablet on the Sunday morning as a precaution, I could have taken 2 at once but managed nicely with just the 1 tablet, and have adequate supplies for November which are still in date and save money for On Board Purchases-I'm already planning my Christmas shopping! :D