C & A exclusive membership news! New Sailings for 2017!

slyster

I don't get emails from Royal (just every other cruise line in existence). After many years of trying, I've given up asking for them. I know several others with the same problem. C&A status has no bearing on it.

I now get emails, but did not get this one. :confused: Maybe it was a random email blast. :rolleyes:

Do they use A, B & C?

They used to use Categories A, B, and C. I remember that C categoroy was JS and B category was Grand Suites. I assume, but don't remember, if A was Owner Suite?

The emails that I get lately are generic and then added at the bottom is my name with C and A status.

The one that came this week about the new itineraries was written in a newsletter style and was very general.

It did however say that as a C and A member I would get an extra 24 hours notice to book when the new itineraries are released.

FYI I have only been on one Royal cruise and it was this past November on Anthem.

Maybe they just send to people that have cruised recently with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The emails that I get lately are generic and then added at the bottom is my name with C and A status.

The one that came this week about the new itineraries was written in a newsletter style and was very general.

It did however say that as a C and A member I would get an extra 24 hours notice to book when the new itineraries are released.

FYI I have only been on one Royal cruise and it was this past November on Anthem.

We cruised in January and did not get an email. :(

I received an email from RC letting us know that C&A members will be able to book new 2017 cruises 24 hours in advance of the general public. The email also said that Alaska bookings would begin on Feb. 25th.

Does anyone know what time you can call to make a new booking? Also, anyone happen to know if you will be able to book online on the 25th or at least see the available sailings or will I need to call and find out that information? Am I calling Crown and Anchor or just general reservations?

Thanks in advance for your experience and help :-)

If they are going to jack up the price and call it a sale. Who cares :confused:

Ok, good to know. Thanks for sharing that. I am trying to get one of the AFT cabins on an Alaska cruise so calling early is probably my best best. That's why I'm trying to call on the first day if possible.

Thanks again everyone! Oh and for those who haven't received the email, it's called "The Royal Insider" and it lists my C and A level as well as my C and A number.

It's looking like Explorer will be deployed for Alaska sailings, so just keep in mind the AFT will be on a Voyager class ship - most people seem to prefer Radiance class AFT balconies (no obstruction).

I'm on the Serenade now and received a flyer on the bed around noon. They are selling Alaska cruises now, at least that's what the flyer says. Explorer and Radiance. It also said 2017 bonus: Free upgrades. Didn't define what that actually means. :D

Edited by torpeedo

I'm on the Serenade now and received a flyer on the bed around noon. They are selling Alaska cruises now, at least that's what the flyer says. Explorer and Radiance. It also said 2017 bonus: Free upgrades. Didn't define what that actually means. :D

So much for the exclusive C&A booking period.

Wife and I have been on one RCCL cruise, and we got the email about new sailings yesterday along with a note saying since we were valuable C&A, we got 24 hour advanced notice.

Lucky You.

We have been on over 100 cruises and well over 1,000 days at sea, and C&A doesn't consider us "Valuable".

Just about the only e-mails we receive from RCI, or C&A, are the post cruise survey. This is despite many attempts to "sign up" requesting promotional e-mails.

Last sailed with Princess years ago and they still keep sending us mailings.

N Ray H

Lucky You.

We have been on over 100 cruises and well over 1,000 days at sea, and C&A doesn't consider us "Valuable".

Just about the only e-mails we receive from RCI, or C&A, are the post cruise survey. This is despite many attempts to "sign up" requesting promotional e-mails.

Last sailed with Princess years ago and they still keep sending us mailings.

N Ray H

If you give a bad survey response, they call you. Maybe they will fix it then.

And I just got off a ship two weeks ago.

There goes that theory. :rolleyes:

It's looking like Explorer will be deployed for Alaska sailings, so just keep in mind the AFT will be on a Voyager class ship - most people seem to prefer Radiance class AFT balconies (no obstruction).

Both will be sailing in Alaska in 2017.

Explorer will be doing round trips from Seattle.

Radiance will be doing one way northbound and southbound cruises.

Both will be sailing in Alaska in 2017.

Explorer will be doing round trips from Seattle.

Radiance will be doing one way northbound and southbound cruises.

Explorer is also doing Alaska this year, at least according to our reservation for a B-2-B this September.

N Ray H

I am waiting for 2017 Alaska to open so I called C&A today who told me they could not yet see the 2017 Alaska itinaries. So I will check again tomorrow.

You can find out if the cruises for 2017 are open by just going to the website and search for an Alaska cruise in 2017; for instance July 2017.... If they are not open yet, the months on the calendar will still be blacked out. If they have been announced, it will show all the Alaska cruises for 2017.

Most likely, they will not show up until Tuesday or Wednesday..... But, if you want a specific cabin/date, check OFTEN. The prime cabins (corner aft...) go fast.

You can find out if the cruises for 2017 are open by just going to the website and search for an Alaska cruise in 2017; for instance July 2017.... If they are not open yet, the months on the calendar will still be blacked out. If they have been announced, it will show all the Alaska cruises for 2017.

Most likely, they will not show up until Tuesday or Wednesday..... But, if you want a specific cabin/date, check OFTEN. The prime cabins (corner aft...) go fast.

Even faster if they are selling onboard now as posted earlier ;):eek:

So, it seems like the key is to call rather than do it online. I'll have to be calling anywaze since I'm changing two existing reservations to hopefully get a Southern Caribbean B2B on the Adventure. I'm hoping for an AFT balcony as well. Just a couple more weeks to wait!

You probably weren't as critical as us

We have only had any contact after writing a letter. I am surprised to hear they actually got in touch with someone after a survey. Our last survey did not have enough space for all the words we had, and neither did the online contact form :( Letter is in the post now. :(

Getting back to the subject, that is disappointing to hear that they are selling on board before they honour yet another of their benefits of loyalty :( Their love of newer customers is becoming more and more apparent.

Edited by goodycruising