Using our own travel mugs on the Breakaway

Smurfette27

No, but they will give you a "regular" serving glass that you can pour in yourself.

I bring a coffee travel mug for the morning. I get coffee for DW and I. Now before all ask, I use a fresh cup, pour it in the mug, I don't fill the mug directly.

I bring water bottles and fill cups and xtranfer them to the bottle.

There are notices at all drink stations in the buffet asking people not to fill their own containers directly. As others have stated fill one of their cups and pour into your container.

I can't see any staff filling your container.

Mike

I know that. I asked about bartenders since they use their little hose-type dispensers that don't come in contact with glasses and cups.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

they can't charge the 18% service charge

I'm not talking about that.

I'm talking about the alleged "hygiene" issues of asking a bartender to fill a personal mug compared to a soda card tumbler.

In other words, I'm insinuating that there is no difference.

For the OP, I imagine your friendly neighborhood bartender would be happy to fill your Tervis travel mug as it is essentially the same thing as the disgusting soda card tumblers.

I'm not talking about that.

I'm talking about the alleged "hygiene" issues of asking a bartender to fill a personal mug compared to a soda card tumbler.

In other words, I'm insinuating that there is no difference.

For the OP, I imagine your friendly neighborhood bartender would be happy to fill your Tervis travel mug as it is essentially the same thing as the disgusting soda card tumblers.

Still can't charge the 18% if they don't supply the soda card tumbler

never mind

Edited by Orleanscruiser

Still can't charge the 18% if they don't supply the soda card tumbler

never mind

If you have the UBP as the OP stated, they are going to charge you the 18% regardless of if they pour it into a glass, the NCL tumbler, or your own travel mug.

SO, in answer to the OPs question, I would think that they may pour it into your travel mug. Because as Triptolemus pointed out there really is no difference between that and the NCL soda pkg tumbler that people use all day, barely rinse out in their bathroom sink and then return to the bar to get more soda poured into.

Edited by PCLMassachusetts

Maybe I am missing something.... but isn't the 18% gratuity \ service charge pre paid for the UBP?? So whether you use the NCL tumbler, your personal travel mug, a cowboy boot, a wheel barrel... the 18% is irrelevant.

Now, it is a confusing message that NCL is sending when they have signs all over the place not to fill up "personal" bottles or mugs at beverage stations because...... once you purchase the UBP or Soda Package and receive the NCL mug... isn't it now your's thus a "personal" item?

We just got off the Spirit and had the UBP. I had no problem getting my mug filled at the bars with soda. They just request that you remove the top. As others have mentioned if you are filling it with water etc at the buffet make sure you use a clean glass to fill it.

ok silly question of the day. for the soda pack are you saying that they dont give you 'new' glasses or whatever, every time you get a soda? and that you have to carry around that bottle? i cannot believe peopel would wanna lug that around all day 'for when' they get thirsty

ok silly question of the day. for the soda pack are you saying that they dont give you 'new' glasses or whatever, every time you get a soda? and that you have to carry around that bottle? i cannot believe peopel would wanna lug that around all day 'for when' they get thirsty

You do not have to carry it - they will give you a plastic cup which probably holds more than the tumbler!

Hmm I actually thought this was somewhat useful. When we went to Mexico last time, I took some advice I read online which was to take your own insulated tumbler. This way your drinks don't get watered down and hot while lounging poolside or at the beach. And it works like a charm, what a great tip.

since i'm new to cruising can someone recommend the appropriate cookware for me to bring onboard?

:)

La crueset is pretty good :)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I posted a question on the board a couple of days ago, regarding insulated larger mugs for soda, and was advised to bring my own. So today I was looking through my kitchen cabinets as I knew I had several laying around somewhere (I never use them at home). And look what I found .... I must have received it as a "souvenir glass" a long time ago, when purchasing the "cocktail of the day". It is not insulated - but it is large, and even comes with a straw - so I am guessing that will be my "soda mug" on our upcoming cruise. :p

1398877501_NCLsouvenirglass.jpg.e59e70e95ed237920c02fa8672fa515e.jpg