Transfer Booking to a TA after Paid in Full

tigergrl1981

Can I transfer my booking to a travel agent after final payment? I just called one of the "big box" discount stores that offers travel and they said I could not transfer to them after paying in full. Any help is appreciated.

Our last cruise I paid in full when I booked it, about 75 days before it sailed. Then I transferred it to my big box TA

Was that before the final payment date? I'm wondering if the limitation when transferring the booking to a TA isn't based on the "final payment required by date" as opposed to the date you actually make your final payment. So if you pay in full, but before the required date, you might still be able to make the transfer.

Just speculation on my part, but as you were able to...

Was that before the final payment date? I'm wondering if the limitation when transferring the booking to a TA isn't based on the "final payment required by date" as opposed to the date you actually make your final payment. So if you pay in full, but before the required date, you might still be able to make the transfer.

Just speculation on my part, but as you were able to...

I checked the dates we booked 59 days before the embarkation date (booked 7/7 and sailed 9/4) and paid in full. I was surprised when we were able to transfer it but we had no problem. I don't know when the last day to pay was scheduled but I thought we were past that date.

I checked the dates we booked 59 days before the embarkation date (booked 7/7 and sailed 9/4) and paid in full. I was surprised when we were able to transfer it but we had no problem. I don't know when the last day to pay was scheduled but I thought we were past that date.

Well, so much for my speculation! :rolleyes:

Can I transfer my booking to a travel agent after final payment? I just called one of the "big box" discount stores that offers travel and they said I could not transfer to them after paying in full. Any help is appreciated.

From X website, according to official Celebrity policy:

Can I transfer my reservation to a travel agent if I purchased my cruise directly from Celebrity Cruises?

Bookings may only be transferred to a Travel Agent up until 60 days from creation if the request is made outside of Final Payment period and the booking is not paid in full. If a booking has a ChoiceAir ticket and the transfer request involves a change in currency we cannot accommodate a transfer. If you would like to transfer your reservation to a travel agent, please complete this form.

But we have learned through the years, dealing with different TAs , that some TAs have more clout and leeway with different cruise lines than others.

It seems that there are always some exceptions to the rules.

This is why I am not at all surprised to see people here giving conflicting answers to your question.

Most TAs require us to submit the transfer form, but some do not and will just accept a verbal transfer request over the phone.

Some TAs will get you an extension to Celebrity's final payment date, when needed, with no problem at all.

From the Celebrity website FAQ:

"Bookings may only be transferred to a Travel Agent up until 60 days from creation if the request is made outside of Final Payment period and the booking is not paid in full. If a booking has a ChoiceAir ticket and the transfer request involves a change in currency we cannot accommodate a transfer. If you would like to transfer your reservation to a travel agent, please complete this form."

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I was wondering if there is a policy for transferring from one TA to another? I reserved mine via Priceline a few weeks ago with some perks but another cruise company TA is offering better perks. Do people typically do this? Or usually it's done from Celebrity to a TA to gain more perks? Thanks!! (First time cruiser here)

We transferred two cruises that were made onboard (but were made days apart) last October/November. Both cruises are well outside final payment for cruises in 2017 and 2018. One went through immediately but the one that was past the 60 day rule by a few days. (Actual 60 days was over a weekend). The one that was past 60 days was automatically denied as our agent said it would be. But they were not worried and said they had to fill out an exception form which they expected to have approved, and it was a few days later.

If off by a few days the travel agents can fill out an exception form. I would guess that these are less likely to be approved if within the final payment date. Note that we were transferring two cruises. Also note that Celebrity doesn't want to alienate the travel agents who would not make any money if the cruise could not be transferred to them.

Hi! I was wondering if there is a policy for transferring from one TA to another? I reserved mine via Priceline a few weeks ago with some perks but another cruise company TA is offering better perks. Do people typically do this? Or usually it's done from Celebrity to a TA to gain more perks? Thanks!! (First time cruiser here)

Generally you cannot transfer a booking from one TA to another. You can cancel with one and rebook with another if you are not satisfied with the TA you have, but you would then have a new booking at the current price and promotions

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Are you saying that I can make a booking with Celebrity, receive the on-board credit from them, and then transfer the booking to my big box store travel agency and ALSO get the OBC that they are offering? If so, why isn't everyone doing this?

Are you saying that I can make a booking with Celebrity, receive the on-board credit from them, and then transfer the booking to my big box store travel agency and ALSO get the OBC that they are offering? If so, why isn't everyone doing this?

Good question. On our next cruise, we have $800 OBC. $300 from Celebrity, $500 from our big box membership TA.

Because if you booked directly with a TA you would also receive the Celebrity on board credit and the TA's on board credit.

Actually if you booked while on board a cruise you receive all the on board benefits and the booking is automatically assigned to the TA you used for the current cruise unless you ask it not to be assigned to them.

The transfer is now done via a link on line and is very quick.

Also I do not believe you can transfer if you have already made a final payment.

The answer as to why doesn't everyone do it? One reason is some people like the direct control without going through a TA. Also some people believe that Celebrity will undercut their TAs and give you a better deal than you can get from Celebrity via a TA. (I do not believe this one, but some people believe it)