Crown & Anchor

No she won't. She keeps that status.

There is no team at RCI monitoring relationship breakups.:rolleyes:

If her C&A account isn't linked to someone with D+ status, and she doesn't have D+ points on her own, how will she maintain D+ status? No one has to be monitoring anything. Rolling your eyes is only going to give you a headache. 😜

If her C&A account isn't linked to someone with D+ status, and she doesn't have D+ points on her own, how will she maintain D+ status? No one has to be monitoring anything. Rolling your eyes is only going to give you a headache. [emoji12]

Actually no, he or she is right.... The status does not go away. I've see it from personal experience. An ex of mine obtained my status when we lived together and has sense gone on several cruises but still has the higher status. Something like 37 more points she gained from me. I'm assuming you aren't speaking from any actual experience.

C&A doesn't link anything, they just make the other person the higher status from what I've experienced.

Edited by Powersboyee2

I would also imagine that Royal would need proof that both parties share the same address and perhaps how long to prove the common law relationship before linking their memberships.

When I linked our accounts we had been living together only a few months. No questions asked expect for our address which matched our profiles.

We solved the issue thanks to all responses lovely young lady at C&A linked the 2 accounts in about 3 minutes. The earlier reps hopefully learn the procedures.

Well that sounds wonderful, glad to hear this. So I guess you take back the harsh words you said in your first post? :p:D;)

We solved the issue thanks to all responses lovely young lady at C&A linked the 2 accounts in about 3 minutes. The earlier reps hopefully learn the procedures.

I'm glad you finally got it worked out. Enjoy your cruise and the Diamond Lounge.:)

Person who acquired D+ status from a linked partner keeps only their point count. Should the linked D+ partner choose a new partner, the old partner is "de-linked" and put back to their own level. Know this from a friend who was D+, married, then divorced who delinked their ex when they partnered with someone new. So maybe Royal does not keep track and it would only come to light when the higher level partner chooses a new partner. By the way, the friend's ex was furious to be "de-linked!"

This can be somewhat similar to when kids grow up. They start with their parents total, but a separate count is tracked for the individual. I don't believe they remove status, though, in that case. For instance, if someone cruised with parents who were emerald once, they would start at emerald even when they cruise without their parents. They won't be able to move to diamond, though, until they hit the correct number of their own points. I had to have C&A describe this to me when my wife and I went on our first cruise but never saw it added to my own point total.

Person who acquired D+ status from a linked partner keeps only their point count. Should the linked D+ partner choose a new partner, the old partner is "de-linked" and put back to their own level. Know this from a friend who was D+, married, then divorced who delinked their ex when they partnered with someone new. So maybe Royal does not keep track and it would only come to light when the higher level partner chooses a new partner. By the way, the friend's ex was furious to be "de-linked!"

Haha love it! I think I need to be doing some "de-linking then!

If her C&A account isn't linked to someone with D+ status, and she doesn't have D+ points on her own, how will she maintain D+ status? No one has to be monitoring anything. Rolling your eyes is only going to give you a headache. [emoji12]

It has nothing to do with the points, it's all about the status. You can be D status with 30 points if you have been linked to a D. It is only when you try to go up to D+ then the status will remain at D until you have personally reached 175, starting from 30.

No eye rolling.

The comment about the kids is also correct. The kids inherit the parents status until they are 18, then they are meant to be unlinked from the parents, but the status is not taken away. Therefore the kids can also be D with 30 points of their own, and the same criteria applies as before if they want to move up to D+

(Or they just move in with Clare........)

Sent from my iPad mini 4 using Tapatalk

Edited by little britain

Paulette3028 and I are thinking the same.;)

It is my understanding that both persons must have a C&A number to link the two together. It used to be you had to have at least 1 cruise to get a C&A number. I seem to remember reading about being able to get a C&A number once you booked a cruise but hadn't taken it yet but that could just be my Swiss Cheese brain.:confused:

Okay editing here, just found this on the C&A enrollment page:

After only one completed cruise with Royal Caribbean International® you will be upgraded to Crown & Anchor® Society Gold Tier Membership and all the benefits and good times that come with it!

So to get shared status both cruisers must have completed at least 1 cruise. The one way around this is to book a suite and everyone in the cabin get access to the CL. This is what I have to do when I cruise with my mom who is only gold.

But that is because you can't link your accounts since you don't live in the same residence.

Thanks for the compliment.....as long as we are not 'sharing the same brain', just each have a 'great mind'.

IMHO This is where the system falls down - Imagine Ann and Brad are married, and do tons of cruises and are D+ members.

The marriage breaks down and Brad moves in with Clare who has done one or two cruises in the past. Register at the same address and bingo, Clare immediately inherits Brad's status at D+.

Things don't work out between Brad and Clare and she moves on to live with Fred, who has done one cruise and is a Gold member, and, now, Fred will inherit Clare's D+ status which she in turn got from Brad..........

Yes it is only status.....but it is status that gets you the benefits on board, and if Clare and Fred have no desire to get higher in the programme then they can cruise quite happily on the back of the hard earnt points of Ann and Brad..... Fred can be D+ with 7 points.

And when Clare dumps Fred and moves on to George.........

you get the picture.:eek::rolleyes:

The Cruise Point accumulation occurs separately. On the cruise that the two individuals are on, who have their C&A accounts linked together because they are either married or significant others sharing the same residence, the cruiser with the lower # of points (status) would enjoy the benefits that the other cruiser had (eg Diamond) earned. But on their own, they are NOT granted Diamond level status, although they are earning points for that cruise to reach whatever next level they are striving towards.

But that is because you can't link your accounts since you don't live in the same residence.

Thanks for the compliment.....as long as we are not 'sharing the same brain', just each have a 'great mind'.

Actually we do share the the same residence, my mom lives with us because she has dementia, mild to moderate right now. The way it was explained to me is we are not partners, it would be like an adult child still living at home. Once they reach 18 they have to earn points and up-graded status in their own right. I'm her legal guardian so I wonder if I could use that argument. LOL

I have found cruising in a RFS work very well when cruising with my mom. She has her own room but she is still in our shared space. The only other way I would consider it was in connecting rooms but then no CL and without Mom having Diamond status no DL.:(

And, yes, I meant great minds think alike although I have been accused of sharing a brain on occasion.;)

It is my understanding that cruisers earn points only for actual cruise nights.

If I sail without her, she will not earn points on her account for my cruise nights.

It is my understanding that if my spouse is sailing without me, she will only get her actual earned C&A level benefits.

If I sail without her, she will not earn points on her account for my cruise nights.

It is my understanding that if my spouse is sailing without me, she will only get her actual earned C&A level benefits.

It is true that each person only accrues points from cruises that they actually sail on.

However, C&A can link two people together if the have the same residence address and declare themselves to be "significant others". When so linked, each person gets the benefit of whoever has the most points in the relationship.

• Like 1

Seems like RCCL is becomming the moral police. They will not let unmarried partners in the Diamond Lounge, must be a legal partnership. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Are you kidding, if that was the case they would not members of "Bear" cruises. On our Feb. Oasis cruise, there was a "Bear" sponsored cruise and many hung out in the solarium. Also, the DJ in the Comedy Club on Oasis is an avowed homosexual and was he funny.

I'm one who "de-linked" a former spouse.

Once my divorce was final, and my ex moved to a new home, I called C&A and had him de-linked from my account and gave them his new address so that he could no longer claim my status, if he should ever choose to sail again (of course, once he were to try to cruise, and had to update his profile with the new address, I'm thinking they would have figured it out but why wait?).

I think I was emerald when we divorced; now I'm diamond. Of course, he couldn't figure out a way to get enough money together to cruise again so I don't worry much about it.

For my kids, they've shared my status, and this past Christmas, we cruised on Anthem and they hit Diamond in their own right. My oldest turned 18 in February, so he has D status and earned it with his own points. Now he can work his way to D+ on his own.

Edited by njmomof2

Response from C&A

Dear Mark:

Once members of the same household are linked together in the same relationship status, they have the same tier level. Should you sail without Carolina and earn Emerald status, she will then also receive Emerald status even though her individual Cruise Points would not qualify her for Emerald status. If she then sails without you, she will receive Emerald benefits, and the points for the sailing she is on without you, will add only to her individual Cruise Point total; as it would have for any sailing you took without her. We hope this information helps. For further details regarding relationship status, please contact our office directly at 1-800-526-9723.

Staci Andrews

Crown & Anchor Society

IMHO This is where the system falls down - Imagine Ann and Brad are married, and do tons of cruises and are D+ members.

The marriage breaks down and Brad moves in with Clare who has done one or two cruises in the past. Register at the same address and bingo, Clare immediately inherits Brad's status at D+.

Things don't work out between Brad and Clare and she moves on to live with Fred, who has done one cruise and is a Gold member, and, now, Fred will inherit Clare's D+ status which she in turn got from Brad..........

Yes it is only status.....but it is status that gets you the benefits on board, and if Clare and Fred have no desire to get higher in the programme then they can cruise quite happily on the back of the hard earnt points of Ann and Brad..... Fred can be D+ with 7 points.

And when Clare dumps Fred and moves on to George.........

you get the picture.:eek::rolleyes:

Typhoid Mary all over again

Response from C&A

Dear Mark:

Once members of the same household are linked together in the same relationship status, they have the same tier level. Should you sail without Carolina and earn Emerald status, she will then also receive Emerald status even though her individual Cruise Points would not qualify her for Emerald status. If she then sails without you, she will receive Emerald benefits, and the points for the sailing she is on without you, will add only to her individual Cruise Point total; as it would have for any sailing you took without her. We hope this information helps. For further details regarding relationship status, please contact our office directly at 1-800-526-9723.

Staci Andrews

Crown & Anchor Society

But this does not support your previous post.

It is true that each person only accrues points from cruises that they actually sail on.

However, C&A can link two people together if the have the same residence address and declare themselves to be "significant others". When so linked, each person gets the benefit of whoever has the most points in the relationship.

Correct. I have done a ton more cruises than DH (he has to stay and earn some money) but he has the same status as me; and on the occasions he goes without me he has my status.

So long as he doesn't move in with Claire....LOL ;)

Edited by little britain

Correct. I have done a ton more cruises than DH (he has to stay and earn some money) but he has the same status as me; and on the occasions he goes without me he has my status.

So long as he doesn't move in with Mary....LOL ;)

Who is Mary?

See #16. Sorry I meant Clare.

Got it.

Just a gut feel, no data to go on, but I think the status grant to children generates more upper level C&A members than the Clare situation.