empress first 6 sailings canelled

baron9

Has anyone had any luck with getting their airline tickets refunded??

I faxed proof of losing money on non-refundable flights to the Accommodations Desk at Royal as instructed, and haven't had even acknowledgement yet.

To *change* our flights would have cost $800, but the flights didn't cost that much so I simply *cancelled* them and out about $600. Wouldn't it be grand if Royal said "You didn't pay any cancellation charges, so no soup for you!".

Update! Switched my booking from the cancelled 4/16 Empress sailing to the Brilliance 4/18 sailing and got a refund. Very happy[emoji924][emoji227][emoji267][emoji295]️[emoji932][emoji106]��[emoji457][emoji120]��

We also booked the Brilliance 4/18 and had the Empress 4/16 amount we paid applied to the Brilliance booking so we only had to pay the difference.

The D+ rep, and her supervisor, said we were not eligible for the $100 OBC since we were not booking the Majesty or Empress (later date). So, I wrote an e-mail to ayera-rodriguez@rccl.com, Director Guest Relations & Shared Services, with a copy of the e-mail we received regarding the cancellation and the $100 promised. Just got a reply that the $100 will be applied to our Brilliance sailing.

Hope you too are getting the OBC and will be even more happy.

Edited by Tagsalong

We also booked the Brilliance 4/18 and had the Empress 4/16 amount we paid applied to the Brilliance booking so we only had to pay the difference.

The D+ rep, and her supervisor, said we were not eligible for the $100 OBC since we were not booking the Majesty or Empress (later date). So, I wrote an e-mail to ayera-rodriguez@rccl.com, Director Guest Relations & Shared Services, with a copy of the e-mail we received regarding the cancellation and the $100 promised. Just got a reply that the $100 will be applied to our Brilliance sailing.

RCI should of price protected you and those of us who wanted to rebook on Brilliance. They would not even protect my price and I would of gone from 5 nights on Empress to 4 nights on Brilliance. Still stunned at the last minute cancellations and how limited the options that were made available. It made a bad situation even worse.

Good for you. My suggestion is to TAKE with you on your sailing the email that you received from Ayera Rodriguez that tells you that you will be getting the $100 applied to your Brilliance sailing. Just in case there is any confusion.

I had two sailings cancelled and rebooked on Oasis 7 night April 9th. Lost two nights. Received 200$ OBC (100$ each sailing) which is right on my invoice for the new sailing. Was never any questions asked about it. Was just done. Surprised you had any issue with it at all.

I am, however, still not happy with what has been done for the affected people including myself as my sailing is two nights less and cost more than before.

I had two sailings cancelled and rebooked on Oasis 7 night April 9th. Lost two nights. Received 200$ OBC (100$ each sailing) which is right on my invoice for the new sailing. Was never any questions asked about it. Was just done. Surprised you had any issue with it at all.

I am, however, still not happy with what has been done for the affected people including myself as my sailing is two nights less and cost more than before.

Not only Wanda and Scott, the shoreside C&A sales reps, but the Serenade Next Cruise rep (we did this rebooking on Monday while on the Serenade) told us the the $100 OBC was only applicable if booking the MJ or Empress and that she could not get it for us on the Brilliance. Thus the e-mail. As we all know, it can be different depending who you are talking to.

how did you switch to Brilliance AND get a refund?

A refund is not surprising as RCI cancelled at the last minute for a cruise that required a deposit and full payment months or weeks ahead of time. RCI voided the contract by cancelling the cruise that was offered. Act of God was not a factor. Poster had to rebook another ship with the supplier who defaulted and was forced to pay full price without price protection for what they paid on Empress. Who came out ahead?

Edited by coaster

Should we've concerned that she is listed in ports for any of the day's my cruise is scheduled??!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Please clarify. Where do you see this and what dates?

I am booked on the Empress on May 28. I just checked cruisettdotcom and saw nothing listed for either Grand Cayman or Key West. I Googled "cruise ships in Key West on 6/1/16" and the Empress was listed on a site for Key West. So one of those sites is wrong.

Edited by ZoeyVictoria