Carrying On Coffee Creamer?

violetsmile

Now that we have our first balcony, I'm thinking about morning cups of coffee. We're both embarrassingly addicted to creamer, and far prefer it to cream/sugar. I know we can't carry on a bottle of coffee creamer anymore. Could we bring some of those individual little pod/cups of creamer? If so, should we check them or carry them on? I much prefer the liquid creamers to the powdered kind.

Thanks

Mini cups are fine. I brought 2 boxes of them on the Dream 2 weeks ago. Had people asking where I found them on the ship. Brought a few extra to the table to share. I just packed in my suitcase.

I'm 'addicted', too. My favorite is the chocolate/caramel.

We just returned in February from B2B cruise to San Juan. My friend and I are addicted to the individual mini cups as well. We both carried enough for three per day in our carry on. No questions asked except from passengers wanting to know where to get theirs.

My husband drinks flavored creamers and I drink half and half. But I am not crazy about the "cream" they serve on the ship. Seems a little watery to me. Plus my husband dumps the entire room service pitcher into one cup. I bought a box of flavored for him and mini moos for me! I'll probably just use them for room service but I am glad I bought. They are already in my packing pile. 2 weeks from today!'

Mini cups are fine. I brought 2 boxes of them on the Dream 2 weeks ago. Had people asking where I found them on the ship. Brought a few extra to the table to share. I just packed in my suitcase.

I'm 'addicted', too. My favorite is the chocolate/caramel.

That's the international coffee creamers that you find in a grocery store right? So we would have to find the single serving thingies and not grab the bottle?

I just carried on a large bottle of vanilla creamer on my Carnival Paradise cruise in February and had no issues what so ever.

Did the Security people shake the bottle and/or open it and smell and/or taste it to make sure it really was creamer and not alcohol of some kind? Just curious!!

Thanks for confirming! I just ordered on Amazon. We leave in 6 days and have so much to get done (including four days of work...ugh!). Free two day shipping can be a hassle-saver!

Curious how much you paid. Walmart has gobs of flavors and brands. 24/2.58

Did the Security people shake the bottle and/or open it and smell and/or taste it to make sure it really was creamer and not alcohol of some kind? Just curious!!

No, no one shook, opened, smelled or tasted it. I just put it inside a carry on and put it through the conveyor. It literally was that simple but I've carried on my creamer every year for last 5 yrs and on NCL without issues ever.

Curious how much you paid. Walmart has gobs of flavors and brands. 24/2.58

The unit price was $0.08/cup. I'll soon be the owner of 288 cups of creamer ($24). :eek: I'll take them to work, and we'll take them on other vacations. Hope the expiration date is a ways off...

I hate the coffee served on every cruise ship so I always bring a 24 pack of the International Delight Hazelnut Mini I.D's. I put the whole package in a zip lock bag and pack them in my suitcase. The 24 pack lasts 7 days for me so my suitcase is a little bit lighter when I come home. I won't travel without them; even brought them to Europe with me.

I just carried on a large bottle of vanilla creamer on my Carnival Paradise cruise in February and had no issues what so ever.

I guess you've been lucky. I'd bring the individual ones in baggies. No way would I chance losing my flavored creamer at boarding when there is no replacement if it's taken.

Also they are more portable.

Edited by RuthlessBoss

They sell these little bottles of flavor concentrate now by the same company that sells the little creamers. I like this because I can still have fresh cream (or cream substitute) in my coffee and get the flavor. I agree, though, that the coffee is not up to par and I usually end up getting something at the coffee bar. Luckily I am a one cup a day drinker.

A couple of questions about refrigeration issues. Did you fly and buy this in port or drive in? I have found the fridges to be very inadequate. Did you feel like the creamer stayed cool enough to be safe to drink all week? Did you empty out your fridge?

Same here. On our Jan/Feb B2B I had 3 32 oz ID French Van. containers in my carry-on and was not questioned. Case went right through xray machine.

Maybe we were just lucky or maybe they heard about how cranky I can be without my correct coffee in the morning!!

I don't take my own creamer if we fly, and do miss it terribly. But if we drive then I take the powdered kind, I like the caramel macchiato best. I may take a box or two of the little individual creamers this time though. I don't generally use the liquid creamers in bottles, that have to be refrigerated, as I hate pouring cold creamer in hot coffee and cooling it down. If I do buy a bottle of that at the store (and I currently have a small one in my frig, the chocolate raspberry as I do love that) I always pour a little into a small cup and microwave it to heat it up before I add it to my coffee.

A couple of questions about refrigeration issues. Did you fly and buy this in port or drive in? I have found the fridges to be very inadequate. Did you feel like the creamer stayed cool enough to be safe to drink all week? Did you empty out your fridge?

We keep our fridge locked all week so no question that we got anything out of it. (we had 2 charges one time, and that made it easy to dispute) We take a collapsible cooler, the room steward keeps it filled with ice. Best to set on folded towel as tends to sweat by the end of the week. We keep drinks in it for the room, plus cartons of skim milk, as I only see them at breakfast on the buffets. I also have brought on full size liquid creamer, with no problems, and keep it there.

I drive into ports bc I live in Florida. I empty out my fridge if I have one available in room, if not then I use a collapsible cooler that room steward keeps full of ice all week for my creamer. It has stayed nice and cold all week.