Dining room on freedom

So on a normal night for dinner how are we required to dress?i know no tank tops and things like that but can the men wear nice shorts and polos or do they need khaki pants

Cruise line suggestion:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&snav=2&faqId=255&faqSubjectId=334&faqSubjectName=Life+Onboard&faqType=faq

I have cruised many, many times and it seems this is a very "hot" topic. We adhere to the guidelines provided. I look at it as if I were on land and went to a restaurant with cloth tablecovers and well-dressed wait staff. I certainly would adhere to their recommended dress code. Does everyone feel this way? No

Do I need a tie, or will a nice shirt suffice?

On non-formal nights, I typically wear khakis/dress pants and a polo or dress shirt, no tie. While I've seen each extreme on regular nights from jean shorts to suit and tie, khakis and a polo seems to fall right in the middle of what you'll see. I personally have yet to see anyone turned away from the dining room for "bad" attire although I'm sure it happens occasionally.

did you do that on your Princess cruise

Well it has been a long time since that cruise and I don't remember if the young men wore nice kahki shorts and polo shirts that is why I asked , I know for formal nights we wore formal clothes....I am just trying to figure how many pants my son would need

did you do that on your Princess cruise

Well it has been a long time since that cruise and I don't remember if the young men wore nice kahki shorts and polo shirts that is why I asked , I know for formal nights we wore formal clothes....I am just trying to figure how many pants my son would need

You didn't say anything about dressing your son. I'd say if he was very young shorts would be fine. Not otherwise

Here's a resent sign outside the dining room on Explorer

Explorer_Dress_Code.JPG

Edited by SeaUs

You didn't say anything about dressing your son. I'd say if he was very young shorts would be fine. Not otherwise

Here's a resent sign outside the dining room on Explorer

Explorer_Dress_Code.JPG

Thanks - that doesn't sound like too tough a standard to exceed. I just hate the thought of having to lug a suit across the continent and around the Caribbean.

I have lots of those pictures. (of signs outside the MDR)

They rarely enforce even those low standards.

For example, I am quite sure that in recent years, I have not eaten a single meal in the MDR when there wasn't SOMEONE wearing a ball cap.

And by "someone", I mean lots and lots of someones.

:rolleyes:

For example, I am quite sure that in recent years, I have not eaten a single meal in the MDR when there wasn't SOMEONE wearing a ball cap.

they did on that ship

Thanks - that doesn't sound like too tough a standard to exceed. I just hate the thought of having to lug a suit across the continent and around the Caribbean.

Well maybe you shouldn't wear chain mail.

Modern cloth suits are quite light.

Last week on Freedom, the ball cap patrol seemed to be in full force during lunch and dinner.

One of our travelling companions was denied entrance for wearing a sleeveless t shirt at breakfast.

Taking the RCL dining suggestions into account, the reality is that you can wear nice shorts on the 1st and last nites in the MDR. The explanation is that all luggage may not arrive at your stateroom by dinner time. On the last nite some people may have completed packing before dinner.

Enjoy your cruise on RCL!

Edited by cruisegoal100

Taking the RCL dining suggestions into account, the reality is that you can wear nice shorts on the 1st and last nites in the MDR. The explanation is that all luggage may not arrive at your stateroom by dinner time. On the last nite some people may have completed packing before dinner.

Enjoy your cruise on RCL!

If the excuse for the first night is because luggage hasn't arrived, then not likely to have "nice" shorts either. I've never heard the last night excuse of having packed

Edited by SeaUs