Turning your partially covered balcony into a fully covered balcony

kingsgirl

This is how we got shade on the Island durning our Panama transit

Looking down on shade patio

While I wouldn't do it myself, I'm kind of impressed that you got two large beach umbrellas on board and managed to attach them to a flipped over table (I think?).

Care to share how you managed to do it?

While I wouldn't do it myself, I'm kind of impressed that you got two large beach umbrellas on board and managed to attach them to a flipped over table (I think?).

Care to share how you managed to do it?

Another safety hazard. Amazed they got away with it.

Just when I thought I've heard and see it all, I realize I haven't.

I carried on the two umbrellas in Los Angeles. They were attached to the upside down table with bungee cords and duct tape. They were only up while we were out there. There was no flutter at all in the umbrellas. The tops were aligned with the top of the dividers. Could you please explain the safety hazard aspect. Our cabin steward loved it and we gave him the umbrellas in FLL. Nothing much different from umbrellas that attach to a chair.

Tim

I carried on the two umbrellas in Los Angeles. They were attached to the upside down table with bungee cords and duct tape. They were only up while we were out there. There was no flutter at all in the umbrellas. The tops were aligned with the top of the dividers. Could you please explain the safety hazard aspect. Our cabin steward loved it and we gave him the umbrellas in FLL. Nothing much different from umbrellas that attach to a chair.

Tim

Wind on the balcony. Umbrella flies off, strikes someone.

Wind on the balcony. Umbrella flies off, strikes someone.

I would think that would be obvious. But he got away with it, so... This is going to give people ideas and we will be hearing from them about how the captain saw the umbrellas and ordered them removed.

I would think that would be obvious. But he got away with it, so... This is going to give people ideas and we will be hearing from them about how the captain saw the umbrellas and ordered them removed.

I just cannot imagine hauling beach umbrellas on a ship.....what's next....inflatable swimming pools for their balconies?? :D:D

I just cannot imagine hauling beach umbrellas on a ship.....what's next....inflatable swimming pools for their balconies?? :D:D

I HAVE seen an inflatable baby pool on a ship balcony for a small child!! AND we personally have actually string up a hammock on a couple balconies in the past! The best was on an extra large corner aft balcony on the Costa Mediterranea!!

I .....AND we personally have actually string up a hammock on a couple balconies in the past! The best was on an extra large corner aft balcony on the Costa Mediterranea!!

I've seen pictures of people's hammocks on aft rooms over on the Royal Caribbean board.

That's already a common recommendation on the family cruise board for those cruising with babies and younger toddlers. My DD and SIL took their 11 and 1/2 month old on an RCI cruise this January and used a tiny (2 feet by 2 feet at most) inflatable pool on deck (in addition to the toddler splash pool area accessible to babies in swim diapers) and in the cabin's shower to give our granddaughter a bath. Worked like a charm and she loved it!

Not unusual to take one to let the little one have a splash in if they are in diapers, also handy to give them a bath.

That's already a common recommendation on the family cruise board for those cruising with babies and younger toddlers. My DD and SIL took their 11 and 1/2 month old on an RCI cruise this January and used a tiny (2 feet by 2 feet at most) inflatable pool on deck (in addition to the toddler splash pool area accessible to babies in swim diapers) and in the cabin's shower to give our granddaughter a bath. Worked like a charm and she loved it!

No pool, not even a toddler splash pool, is supposed to be used by a child in diapers.

What could come out of those diapers could infect any other child in the pool.

No pool, not even a toddler splash pool, is supposed to be used by a child in diapers.

Tell RCI that since on at least 3 of their ships (Freedom Class and possibly also on the Oasis and Allure) they have a specific section where the water is only a couple of inches deep (easy to clean and refill) for little ones in swim diapers. It is actually called the Baby Splash Zone, I think.

Not only do certain classes of RCI ships (Freedom, Oasis and Quantum) have kids in diaper splash zone, so do a few of the Disney ships. It is a smart move as it attracts a certain demographic.

Not only do certain classes of RCI ships (Freedom, Oasis and Quantum) have kids in diaper splash zone, so do a few of the Disney ships. It is a smart move as it attracts a certain demographic.

I would not be surprised that some of the Princess passengers are not it Depends too!!!:D:D:D