Constellation Specialty Dining

PumpkinPatches

Good Morning all!

DH and I will be sailing on the Constellation next month (yay!!) and we will be celebrating our 2nd anniversary on the cruise. I'm thinking it might be nice to celebrate the occasion in one of the specialty dining restaurants, but not sure which one to choose.

If anyone has been on the Constellation and tried the various restaurants, can you please provide a little bit of feedback to help me choose?

The Constellation has Tuscan Grill (steak house) and Ocean Liners (more of a high end French restaurant). IMHO Ocean Liners makes more of an impression and is something you won't find on many other ships. Tuscan Grill is very nice however on the Constellation it's particular location/layout is not as impressive.

Go to the Celebrity website and look up both menus and then choose. Or, live on the end and go to both :D

Just off the Constellation several weeks ago. Dined in Tuscan Grille. Was outstanding meal.

Didn't dine in Ocean liners this cruise, although have before.

Sort of depends what you have in mind for a meal, Tuscan grill as stated more of a steak experience, although there are other items on the menu.

Mirage

We ate in Ocean Liners and I can honestly say that the food and service was, in our opinion, unbeatable.

Admittedly it was over 18 months ago, but I wouldn't hesitate in recommending a visit there, we went three times on our cruise.

It's a very quiet relaxing environment, but the memory of the exquisite goats cheese souffle just as a starter is making my mouth water! ;)

We ate in Ocean Liners and I can honestly say that the food and service was, in our opinion, unbeatable.

Admittedly it was over 18 months ago, but I wouldn't hesitate in recommending a visit there, we went three times on our cruise.

It's a very quiet relaxing environment, but the memory of the exquisite goats cheese souffle just as a starter is making my mouth water! ;)

I would also recommend Ocean Liners because it may be your last chance to experience this. Celebrity is removing the French restaurant on M-class ships (Summit and Infinity so far, haven't seen anything about Connie and Millie) and putting the Tuscan Grille in that space. Each of the four M-class ships had a unique decor for this restaurant [on S-class it's called Murano and they are all the same]. It will be a shame to lose these lovely spaces, and also to lose this option on M-class.

Edited by Host Jazzbeau

I would also recommend Ocean Liners because it may be your last chance to experience this. Celebrity is removing the French restaurant on M-class ships (Summit and Infinity so far, haven't seen anything about Connie and Millie) and putting the Tuscan Grille in that space. Each of the four M-class ships had a unique decor for this restaurant [on S-class it's called Murano and they are all the same]. It will be a shame to lose these lovely spaces, and also to lose this option on M-class.

Thanks! I will book Ocean Liners on board :)

Just today I upgraded from an Inside to a Balcony stateroom, which now gives me the Classic Bev package. Prior to this upgrade, I was planning to use my OBC on drinks, and now I can use it for specialty dining. I think I'll spring for the Ocean Liners restaurant.

Thanks! I will book Ocean Liners on board :)

Just today I upgraded from an Inside to a Balcony stateroom, which now gives me the Classic Bev package. Prior to this upgrade, I was planning to use my OBC on drinks, and now I can use it for specialty dining. I think I'll spring for the Ocean Liners restaurant.

I would suggest that you book Ocean Liners as soon as you get onboard if you want a particular day/time. When we were onboard last month we booked on day 2 or 3 and there were only 9:00and 9:30 spots left.

Also, I would ask for a window table. We were initially put in the middle next to a large table - we couldn't hear each other or the waiter so asked to be moved. A window table opened up and we were moved. It was then a lovely experience.

And here is another vote for the goat cheese soufflé! :)

I would suggest that you book Ocean Liners as soon as you get onboard if you want a particular day/time. When we were onboard last month we booked on day 2 or 3 and there were only 9:00and 9:30 spots left.

Also, I would ask for a window table. We were initially put in the middle next to a large table - we couldn't hear each other or the waiter so asked to be moved. A window table opened up and we were moved. It was then a lovely experience.

And here is another vote for the goat cheese soufflé! :)

Great tips! Thanks & I will make sure to book right away... and try the goat cheese soufflé!

Great tips! Thanks & I will make sure to book right away... and try the goat cheese soufflé!

Being a Canadian, take a look at your pricing to book it on-line prior to the cruise. We've often found the exchange rate more favourable than paying US $ when onboard.

Another option (if you are willing to take a chance) is to wait until you are onboard and see if you can get any discounts. They almost always offer 25% off the first night and depending how well the reservations are going may offer the same discount later in the cruise. Of course, you do take the risk of not being able to get a reservation. We find the 5-7 day cruises book up more quickly than the 10-14 day cruises.

I wonder how this will effect Connie as it already has Tuscan Grille?

Lou

I wonder how this will effect Connie as it already has Tuscan Grille?

Lou

They have 3 restaurant concepts but only 2 locations on the M-class ships [on deck 3 and deck 11]. The French restaurants were in the space on deck 3, and Tuscan was on deck 11. During "Solsticization" they started replacing Tuscan with Qsine on deck 11 [infinity, Millie and Summit]. Recent dry-docks have replaced the French restaurants on deck 3 on Infinity [sS United States] and Summit [Normandie] with Tuscan. Millie has Olympic [French] and Qsine -- she's probably the next to go, in her dry-dock later this month. That leaves Connie which has Ocean Liners [French] and Tuscan -- but no Qsine. My guess is that they will move Tuscan down to deck 3 and turn its space on deck 11 into Qsine at Connie's dry-dock in April 2017. To me, Qsine was great the first time but is kind of a "one and done," whereas we have enjoyed Normandie/Murando multiple times on both of our Celebrity cruises and may do Ocean Liners next month [unless we find that Luminae is so good we don't need to pay extra -- having Kusadasi on our itinerary has done wonders for upgrades! :D]

They have 3 restaurant concepts but only 2 locations on the M-class ships [on deck 3 and deck 11]. The French restaurants were in the space on deck 3, and Tuscan was on deck 11. During "Solsticization" they started replacing Tuscan with Qsine on deck 11 [infinity, Millie and Summit]. Recent dry-docks have replaced the French restaurants on deck 3 on Infinity [sS United States] and Summit [Normandie] with Tuscan. Millie has Olympic [French] and Qsine -- she's probably the next to go, in her dry-dock later this month. That leaves Connie which has Ocean Liners [French] and Tuscan -- but no Qsine. My guess is that they will move Tuscan down to deck 3 and turn its space on deck 11 into Qsine at Connie's dry-dock in April 2017. To me, Qsine was great the first time but is kind of a "one and done," whereas we have enjoyed Normandie/Murando multiple times on both of our Celebrity cruises and may do Ocean Liners next month [unless we find that Luminae is so good we don't need to pay extra -- having Kusadasi on our itinerary has done wonders for upgrades! :D]

I agree 100% about Qsine, once is nice, but don't really feel the need to go on every ship, every cruise,lol

We loved SS United States, and Murano, and loved the fact they were a little different to the norm. Tuscan Grille is great, but I think its a great shame to only have Qsine or Tuscan as your Speciality choices. Glad we are on Connie next month, well before the refit!

Oh, and I don't think you'll want to eat anywhere other than Luminae :-) we didn't!

Lou

• 4 weeks later...

We tried Ocean Liners and it was amazing. Flawless service, excellent food, my husband had the Dover Sole and said it was the best fish he had in a long time, I had the lamb which was perfectly cooked. Very intimate setting for a celebration. Wait to reserve when you are on board, they offered a 2 for 1 when we were sailing, worth the price. Enjoy!

• 3 months later...

We have just returned from Constellation and sadly the service had dropped considerably in Ocean Liners. We had dined there previously and the service was exception (consistent with all the other comments). I think they must be aware that it is going and are losing interest. We also dined at Tuscan Grill and I wasn't overly impressed. Rumor on board was that they were replacing Ocean Liners with a different concept - not Qsine - as they want to keep Constellation restaurants different to the rest of the M Class ships.

I guess we will just have to wait and see.

We have just returned from Constellation and sadly the service had dropped considerably in Ocean Liners. We had dined there previously and the service was exception (consistent with all the other comsments). I think they must be aware that it is going and are losing interest. We also dined at Tuscan Grill and I wasn't overly impressed. Rumor on board was that they were replacing Ocean Liners with a different concept - not Qsine - as they want to keep Constellation restaurants different to the rest of the M Class ships.

I guess we will just have to wait and see.

The service in Ocean Liners was terrible on our visit. Place was 1/2 full & in 90 minutes we were able to get 1 glass of wine, starter & entree. Sat with dirty dishes in front of us for 20+ minutes. We left. Once we got up to leave a 4 top across the room got up also, seems they were experiencing the same problem.

MaitreD contacted us the next day apologized & removed the charge.

PumpkinPatches!

We were on Connie in February and totally enjoyed cruise. We ate at Oceanliners the first night and had cooked tableside Lobster and was absolutely outstanding. We also ate at Tuscan Grille during the week and had the fillet and swear was the best steak i have had in a long time.

What ever you choose it will be awesome Im sure.

Glad you got the Drink pkg. i couldnt imagine cruising without it. I think you will be very happy not signing tickets all the time. This is if you like to have a few drinks.

Enjoy a Martini at the Martini Bar with Peter. He is the best flair bartender ive ever seen.we really enjoyed that bar and as i posted before i told my wife we cant walk by this place without stopping. Just enjoyed it.

If you have any questions please ask. Enjoy your anniversary...

We are on Connie right now. We ate at Ocean Liners last night for the first time. The service was fine but I do think the cover charge is rather steep when comparing the quality of the food to the MDR. That said, my Grand Marnier souffle was the best desert by far I've had on X and DH greatly enjoyed the Dover sole. Unfortunately, however the pork belly starter was not to his taste and is the only dish has ever asked to be returned to the kitchen He was offered another starter immediately.

I was interested to hear today from one of the waiters that it has be decided to keep Ocean Liners as so many pax had requested it stays. The intention is to keep Connie different to the other M class ships?

We are on Connie right now. We ate at Ocean Liners last night for the first time. The service was fine but I do think the cover charge is rather steep when comparing the quality of the food to the MDR. That said, my Grand Marnier souffle was the best desert by far I've had on X and DH greatly enjoyed the Dover sole. Unfortunately, however the pork belly starter was not to his taste and is the only dish has ever asked to be returned to the kitchen He was offered another starter immediately.

I was interested to hear today from one of the waiters that it has be decided to keep Ocean Liners as so many pax had requested it stays. The intention is to keep Connie different to the other M class ships?

We were on Connie last month it was our third time on this ship.Always enjoy our food in Ocean Liners, and we visited twice this time. I heard that it was staying as it was, I hope that's true!

I remember booking a specialty restaurant and we had dinner while seeing the wake of the ship as we left port on the first night. We will be on the Constellation departing Venice. Is there any special table that we should request? We will be in Lumanae and our first experience with a suite. We've been on numerous Celebrity cruises before, but this is our 50th anniversary and I want it to be special.

Would agree with a previous comment re Qsine, once was enough. Very fond of Tuscan and Murano/Olympic so hope they don't change too much.

Sailing on The Constellation in January BtoB, looking forward to some good food!

Agree we love Tuscan and Murano but found Quisne a bit too quirky it was supposed to be Asian fusion ! turned out to be a mixed up combination of Asian flavours which certainly did not balance out in the dishes ... we are on Connie in Sept from Venice and are looking forward to trying Ocean Liners

From the Connie (May 2016):

Specialty Dining

Click on link above and I have photos of the menus (both Tuscan Grille and Ocean Liners).

Because Ocean Liners will be replaced in the near future, I would highly recommend the "experience". Excellent fine dining and the ambience is lovely.

We dined in all the restaurants (except the MDR) in May and Ocean Liners was outstanding.

DSC_8037-M.jpg

From the Connie (May 2016):

Specialty Dining

Click on link above and I have photos of the menus (both Tuscan Grille and Ocean Liners).

Because Ocean Liners will be replaced in the near future, I would highly recommend the "experience". Excellent fine dining and the ambience is lovely.

We dined in all the restaurants (except the MDR) in May and Ocean Liners was outstanding.

DSC_8037-M.jpg

Thanks very much for that , Oceans menu looks very much like Murano which we loved so am looking forward to trying new dishes and old ones , i think nearly all the food on Celebrity is good but as foodies we do like to try speciality places , i am hoping that wheat free pasta might now be available in them , it is in the MDR but involves a long wait ,, Blu we enjoyed and will be using it again this time round , will now read your trip review , we are on countdown now , never having done Venice or Croatia this trip will finally complete our grand tour of Europe (has taken 30 years !)

Hi Heather,

We just disembarked Connie today. The word is, that Ocean Liners will not now be replaced. This in response to popular demand!

Also, Tuscan Grill has a completely revised menu as from our sailing. Obviously, this is very subjective but I have to say that I found it a little odd. My two DS however were very enthusiastic to find pizza now on the menu. There is also home made pasta, more fish and the filet mignon has increased in size. I found the filet mignon truly excellent. DS were a tad underwhelmed with the pizza (served as small triangles)and the Burrita (?) salad didn't work for me . The tomato, served as steamed peeled whole, was very unripe.

I would still nevertheless recommend trying both specialty restaurants, I wouldn't be surprised if the TG menu may be tweaked depending on feedback: I was asked to fill a paper questionnaire on the spot and to give specific feedback on the online questionnaire I guess we will get shortly.