Help please!!! Need medication refrigerator in room!

We're leaving in a week for a 2 week TA on the Brilliance.... I was just placed on a medication that needs refrigeration.... Who do I contact to make sure this can be done?? Thanks for any help you can offer[emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We're leaving in a week for a 2 week TA on the Brilliance.... I was just placed on a medication that needs refrigeration.... Who do I contact to make sure this can be done?? Thanks for any help you can offer[emoji846]

Contact special needs at:

special_needs@rccl.com

Thank you so much! I just spoke to the special needs dept, and they will place a mini refrigerator in the room! I [emoji173]️ cruise critic!!!!!

Sometimes the ball gets dropped somewhere alone the way, so if you don't see the fridge in your stateroom when you arrive, just ask the attendant.

Glad you got it figured out. My father-in-law has MS and needs his medication refrigerated. There was one waiting in the room when they got there. We needed a pack-n-play on our last cruise and we had one requested about 3 months out. It wasn't there when we arrived. Talked to our stateroom attendant and they had one delivered in about 30 minutes. Good luck.

Sometimes the ball gets dropped somewhere alone the way, so if you don't see the fridge in your stateroom when you arrive, just ask the attendant.

Thank you[emoji4][emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

Get. Some frio gel packs.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

These are helpful for when you leave the ship if you need to take it with you. Remember how hot it will be once you venture out. Also for getting from home to ship.

I got mine online. AMAZON prime can get it to you quickly.

Also, if fridge isn't in room, while you wait for attendant to get yours delivered you can use mini fridge.

Best of luck.

These are helpful for when you leave the ship if you need to take it with you. Remember how hot it will be once you venture out. Also for getting from home to ship.

I got mine online. AMAZON prime can get it to you quickly.

Also, if fridge isn't in room, while you wait for attendant to get yours delivered you can use mini fridge.

Best of luck.

Yes, the Frio packs are perfect for the time spent flying and/or travelling in the car. My husband uses them and also gets a note from his doctor that allows him to go through airport security with the needles and the liquid medication - so it doesn't count as part of your liquids. We have never been stopped or questioned about it yet.

Yes, the Frio packs are perfect for the time spent flying and/or travelling in the car. My husband uses them and also gets a note from his doctor that allows him to go through airport security with the needles and the liquid medication - so it doesn't count as part of your liquids. We have never been stopped or questioned about it yet.

Liquid medication is already exempt from the 311 rule. And syringes aren't something you need a doctor's note for. Unless you're going to Singapore or someplace like that. (though DH didn't; they saw the other prescription drugs and worked it out)

Feel free to keep the doctor's note, but it's actually not needed.

For the gelpacks, though, THAT is where the note probably comes in handy.

We just got off Liberty. I requested a mini fridge for medication and a sharps container from special needs department.

Sharps container in cabin when we arrived. I took a small ice chest for my medication and my room steward kept it filled with ice.

Liquid medication is already exempt from the 311 rule. And syringes aren't something you need a doctor's note for. Unless you're going to Singapore or someplace like that. (though DH didn't; they saw the other prescription drugs and worked it out)

Feel free to keep the doctor's note, but it's actually not needed.

For the gelpacks, though, THAT is where the note probably comes in handy.

I think he occasionally did not have it in the labelled prescription bottles - which probably is not the best idea.:rolleyes:

Thank you so much! I just spoke to the special needs dept, and they will place a mini refrigerator in the room! I [emoji173]️ cruise critic!!!!!

We requested the medical refrigerator too, but it is a very small unit. Don't think of it as a mini-fridge because it is not much bigger than a very small ice chest. Plan accordingly.

Call the special needs dept.

You're welcome and please let us know how it goes.

Not going well... Been on the ship 3 hours, 2 trips to guest services, and still no fridge... I know how busy everyone is...not complaining, as everything else has been wonderful so far! We were welcomed on the ship with free champagne or mimosa's ( a first in my 350 days on Royal ships... A fruit bowl, and little sandwiches in our room.... ( another first) besides any day at sea, is a good day!

Not going well... Been on the ship 3 hours, 2 trips to guest services, and still no fridge... I know how busy everyone is...not complaining, as everything else has been wonderful so far! We were welcomed on the ship with free champagne or mimosa's ( a first in my 350 days on Royal ships... A fruit bowl, and little sandwiches in our room.... ( another first) besides any day at sea, is a good day!

Ask your cabin steward or their supervisor, they will get you one.

I had a med that needed to be kept between 38 to 48 %. Special needs dept NEVER had the frig there. Sharps container was present occasionally. I resorted to bringing a small ice chest by igloo and the room attendant filled with ice everyday. I had a thermometer as well. I feel special needs is worthless. In Jan 2016 needed an extension cord for a wound vac and never showed up to the room. Luckily I did not need it as of that am. Ship did not know that so special needs never notified the ship. Worthless, just worthless. Ships will try to make things happen but never informed from shore side that I have experienced.

For any issues we had, I wrote a note to the hotel director and turned into guest services. I didn't even know his name, it was just addressed "Hotel Director". Evidently those notes get to him very quickly, because we had immediate responses. Then throughout the week, when he saw us he always followed up with us

our fridge never appeared- (probably due to all the issues we had with our cabin switch) and when we asked on board, we were told none left :(. However, we never travel without our frio packs so it was manageable. I would always have these with us in case of any power loss on holiday (we got caught up in a storm once and lost power for 2 days). They work for stopping meds getting too cold too- used them in Lapland husky dog safari. Can't recommend them enough!!