Under Seat Rolling Tote/Bag for flight

I am looking for a under the seat (for airplane) rolling tote/bag for my 70 something mom. I would like to have one that would fit under the seat in front of her for a isle seat on Southwest or Jetblue. I have heard that sometimes these do not not fit and if anyone has a first hand experience I would appreciate feedback. It would also need to have a strap in the back that her checked luggage can hook on. I am hoping she can put her 13" computer, iPad and purse in it and take the stress off her shoulders.

91ubU%2BLIUxL._UX342_.jpg81bdQ6-2O2L._UY445_.jpg

Edited by Cruiseoholic000

The Southwest under-seat dimensions are as follows:

• Window seat: 19"L x 14"W x 9"H
  • Middle seat: 19"L x 19"W x 9"H
  • Aisle seat: 19"L x 14"W x 9"H

However, please keep in mind that some seats might be slightly smaller in width.

Delsey Quilted Rolling UnderSeat Tote Product Dimensions: 9 x 14.5 x 14 inches

The Southwest under-seat dimensions are as follows:

• Window seat: 19"L x 14"W x 9"H
  • Middle seat: 19"L x 19"W x 9"H
  • Aisle seat: 19"L x 14"W x 9"H

However, please keep in mind that some seats might be slightly smaller in width.

Delsey Quilted Rolling UnderSeat Tote Product Dimensions: 9 x 14.5 x 14 inches

Interesting....I got it under the window seat fine, but I tried the aisle as I was boarding, and it was a no-go. I am flying in about 10 days, so maybe I will try again. I would much rather have an aisle seat...I will definitely compare rows.

Interesting....I got it under the window seat fine, but I tried the aisle as I was boarding, and it was a no-go. I am flying in about 10 days, so maybe I will try again. I would much rather have an aisle seat...I will definitely compare rows.

I'm with you. I can get a much larger bag under the window seat than I get under the aisle seat . I thought all their planes were the same but maybe not.

I love that brown bag in the picture! I currently have a vera bradley rolling briefcase. I haven't tried to take it with because I never thought it would fit and still don't even though it's on the smaller side for bags. However, you could possibly fit it in the overhead containers. Most people would be kind enough to get it out and put it up for her. I know most help me if I ask because I'm only 5 ft I can't reach it to save my life. That may be a possibility for her.

Thanks for the info I just order the Samsonite for my mother for mothers day.

20% off and free ship over $49

http://friend.ebags.com/v2/share/6279540886830258536

I wish I could see the bag you bought. When I click on the link, the homepage comes up....nothing from from Samsonite (that I can see).

It is the one pictured above. Samsonite Wheeled Underseater Small

Oh...it is the one in the first post? Thanks:)

I too was was looking into the brown bag (Delsey Quilted Rolling UnderSeat Tote) as I liked the color. But, after researching it does not fit in the aisle seats of Southwest.

I love that brown bag in the picture! I currently have a vera bradley rolling briefcase. I haven't tried to take it with because I never thought it would fit and still don't even though it's on the smaller side for bags. However, you could possibly fit it in the overhead containers. Most people would be kind enough to get it out and put it up for her. I know most help me if I ask because I'm only 5 ft I can't reach it to save my life. That may be a possibility for her.

I'm with you. I can get a much larger bag under the window seat than I get under the aisle seat . I thought all their planes were the same but maybe not.

Most jets these days have several configurations that individual airlines can chose from when buying new. Southwest has 4 different interior versions of their 737s. Those who can't stand and use the aisle chair to enter most aircraft definitely let them know which one we prefer so they'll order more like it. It has the largest entry way and a wide aisle at the front galley that allows most standard size wheechairs to get to the bulkhead seats without having to transfer to the aisle chair (AKA Hannibal Lector chair). And remember that while bulkhead seats have more leg room they do not have under seat storage or a tray. So yes, the underseat room may differ from plane to plane.

Also be aware of a couple of other factors. If you have a bag in the space, you don't have room for your feet! If you are of medium height, and slightly larger than medium shoes -- you need the foot space for feet! I'm almost 70 and I also have stiffness problems --especially after sitting awhile. Getting up you need to have your feet in front of you not behind you to be able to get your butt out of the seat. Even pulling up on the chair in front (which I hate to do --bothering someone else) it is hard to get the body in the proper alignment to walk. Trust me -- you have to be smart to be old -- since the body doesn't turn and bend as easily or as much -- have to think about the geometry of rising and sitting down. I won't even think about how you get the bag that just fits or "almost" fits positioned to slide in the space in the first place and then get it out again with all those important people who jump into the aisle the moment the plane hits the earth again.

I use a rolling shopping tote made by Olympia or Pacific that has two wheels, a pulling handle and two tote handles. Some aisles it rolls and some I have to carry it --depends on the plane. Most often now a carry on bag will not roll down an aisle. I like this bag because it fits well into the bins (wheels first), stands up so that I can get things in and out fairly easily, is light (less than 4 pounds) and as the top level I have a zippered shopping bag that has my reading stuff, snack, water bottle, wrap, and sometimes purse that I place at my feet for during the trip. I don't usually have to ask for help -- its offered --but also I can lift this at my current fitness level. I am now about 5 foot 4 and bins are a long way up there for me to lift. Long handles on the purse/seat bag are helpful as at this age getting to the floor is hard where there is room -- let alone the little bitty piece of space given on an airplane.

Good luck to your Mom. Traveling is still fun. Cruising is great -- but getting there is more of a challenge than it used to be.

Edited by Bowie MeMe

If you have a bag in the space, you don't have room for your feet! If you are of medium height, and slightly larger than medium shoes -- you need the foot space for feet!
Options include tucking your feet under your seat or manspreading.

In the old days when airline seats were further apart.... I would shove a full size carry-on under the seat in front of me. Can't do that anymore.

I have a red roller bag from Travel Smith with spinner wheels that they say is under seat friendly. It will sort of fit under the aisle seat but I did get it snagged once on something. Pilot had to get it out for me! Perhaps it has to do with the way I put it in.

The other thing to look at is rolling briefcases which are usually slightly smaller.

Options include tucking your feet under your seat or manspreading.

In the old days when airline seats were further apart.... I would shove a full size carry-on under the seat in front of me. Can't do that anymore.

I use mine as a foot rest. Feet barely touch the floor otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I highly recommend LUG products for any travel needs. I've just purchased a Weekender bag and a Taxi Cab tote for my carry on and travel bag for my upcoming trip. I've used a few of their products before and have never been disappointed, so looking forward to traveling in style with them!

http://www.luglife.com

I highly recommend LUG products for any travel needs. I've just purchased a Weekender bag and a Taxi Cab tote for my carry on and travel bag for my upcoming trip. I've used a few of their products before and have never been disappointed, so looking forward to traveling in style with them!

http://www.luglife.com

Just heard that LUG products are going to be on QVC on Monday, May 23rd.

Just heard that LUG products are going to be on QVC on Monday, May 23rd.

Hi, QVC has LUG products on line.......there are 22 different choices

under this brand. Maybe they will be having a show on the 23rd but

they have been selling them for a while now.

Hi, QVC has LUG products on line.......there are 22 different choices

under this brand. Maybe they will be having a show on the 23rd but

they have been selling them for a while now.

According to the schedule, LUG will be the "Today's Special Value".

According to the schedule, LUG will be the "Today's Special Value".

OK:)....I just wanted to let folks know they sell their products without

being "on tv"......but a TSV is normally a pretty good price for whatever

that item happens to be;)

I bought a Lug Puddle Jumper from QVC and I love it! It is the best carryon I have ever owned. It doesn't have wheels but it has the strap to attach it to my roller bag.

It has fit under all of the seats on planes so far but I mostly fly Delta. I will be watching for the TSV in case it is something that I want to add :)