Do they raise the prices on every sale?

We have several cruises booked and I went on RCI's website to do some dummy bookings just to see. One of them came up $100 cheaper but the rest had gone up since original booking dates. But hey! like my DH says "it's better than a kick in the bum." I'll take that hundred.

I just checked the new promotion and low and behold its the same price it was with the BOGO 50% as it is for the BOGO 60% am I missing something?

No, you are not missing anything. This happens all the time. Sometimes prices go down, or up, or stay the same. Sometimes they go down slightly but up overall since you may lose a promo like free gratuities, etc.

We have several cruises booked and I went on RCI's website to do some dummy bookings just to see. One of them came up $100 cheaper but the rest had gone up since original booking dates. But hey! like my DH says "it's better than a kick in the bum." I'll take that hundred.

Was trying to track 3 cruises today for 2017 and 2018 and in each instance they actually went up while I was checking. I could never get to booking as would get a screen saying not working at this time. Needless to say, I did not book either. I could live with the prices they were quoting but when I went back after the error page I would get a much higher price than originally appeared.

2 of mine are up and 1 I managed to get 130.00 less for my Harmony 2017. It depends on the ships to a degree as well.

Basically the prices go up before down. Basically the 60% gets you a 10% cheaper cost.

If you are a solo you are paying 120%+ to get the exact same cabin. I had it at $67.00 more for my Harmony then 2 people; that is already above the [emoji49] 200% you have to start at[emoji35]. Not Fair. C/A agent didn't give a crap that they were beyond ripping us solo's off.

I am beyond tired of the games. I will take each sailing one at a time; on if I go or not.

Personally I am thinking new NCL, New Vista non school break, MSC. Time to explore the rest of the Ocean or go all inclusive land.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

It will never be a "sale" like a retail store. People need to stop thinking about it in that way. There is not one "price" for an item when it first appears, then a sale will decrease the price.

The pricing trend would generally be - they start with a certain number of "items/staterooms" at a certain price. Every day as more and more of them sell off - the price goes UP. The general price trend is to go up over time. Until the sailing gets put on "clearance".

Layer on top of that general pricing trend - RC evaluates how each sailing and each category is selling. Are they doing as expected? Or a little worse that expected. If a little worse - discount! As expected or better? - raise the prices for the "sale" so the revenue remains the same or increases.

Finally - we have the "clearance" section. They get to a certain point - just before or after final payment date when they ACTUALLY decrease the price to sell out the category/sailing etc.

I believe the "sales" are pretty much irrelevant. Unless you have a situation that it better under one sale vs. the next (3-4 people, single etc.) the price is driven by the number of staterooms filled rather than the current sale.

Edited by MNfamilycruiser

Well us Solo's are making up that difference! We are getting beyond screwed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I certainly hope that you are not booking your reserved cruises at the higher prices. :eek:

BTW, book for two, sail as one, take extra 10%. Done.

I just checked the new promotion and low and behold its the same price it was with the BOGO 50% as it is for the BOGO 60% am I missing something?

Not true but very very close booked 2 cruise in GS for 2017 last week while on the Liberty, called yesterday to check rates both were 20 dollars less , so we saved 40 dollars total for the 2 of us, I will take what I can get

No. They raise or lower the net cost of individual sailings, or even individual cabin categories within a sailing, based on how well things are selling. If a ship is nearly full, the price will likely go up. If bookings are more or less on pace, it will stay about the same. If booking are lagging, and the prices will drop.

The "sales" are more about marketing and promotion, but whether or not it results in a better price for a particular cruise you're looking at has more to do with the pace of bookings an that cruise.

Edited by Paul65

Pretty sneaky price increase when I was able to save almost $1500 on two cruises we had already booked.

Turns out that I have to correct myself.

Since the time I re-booked for the savings, my wife found ANOTHER $300 for one of those trips.

So we are up to $1800 in savings with this sale. Bonus$!$:D

With the new sale, I've saved $500+ for 3 cabins for Allure 4/1/18 sail. The basic price remained the same the saving was in the add'l 10% for the 2nd pax and 5% for the 3rd and or 4th pax.