Live from the summit

Grandma Rambo

They don't have sea day brunch anymore? They did on the Summit in 2014. Sad.

The brunch was gone long before the daily aqua was removed from the aqua class. :D

What's next? Watch for the standard liquor package to replace the Classic on the perks. You heard it here first. :cool:

I'm actually pretty disappointed in Celebrity's implementation of some of the Solstice features on the ship. Seems like they seriously underestimated the number of staff needed for the MDR and Bacio, as well as undertrained some of the Bistro on Five staff. Anyone else pick up on this too? Seemed like the only place it wasn't an issue was Tuscan...

I'm actually pretty disappointed in Celebrity's implementation of some of the Solstice features on the ship. Seems like they seriously underestimated the number of staff needed for the MDR and Bacio, as well as undertrained some of the Bistro on Five staff. Anyone else pick up on this too? Seemed like the only place it wasn't an issue was Tuscan...

The MDR was hit and miss for me-- some nights were great, others had service bad enough to tell the hostess not to seat me in that section again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Will she be back for the August 28th cruise to Bermuda?

Be careful, there's a poster who might accuse you of only wanting to know because she's a woman ;)

I was hoping we would have her on our Jul cruise, but no such luck. This will be our first Celebrity cruise and I'm researching Summit as much as possible.

Is that the only deck? Is it crazy to try to do self disembarkation? We did it on princess once and it was a madhouse

Depends on how much luggage you have. I have done it with no problem with one 26 inch roller bag and one small carry on. I would not do it with more than that. It was not a madhouse though on any ship I did it on. Have not done it at Bayonne since I don't have a flight to catch there. I only do it if I have any early flight.

Is that the only deck? Is it crazy to try to do self disembarkation? We did it on princess once and it was a madhouse

I do believe that is the main deck for disembarking in Bayonne. When we do the express walk off we're home in about 35 minutes. The only "crazy part" of express walk off is all the folks who want to be "first " off the ship and drag their luggage over your feet so their closest to the exit.

Yeah no we would have more than that. Is X like princess where they assign colored luggage tags and then assign you to a certain meeting spot to disembark. .i have been looking to see if anyone has posted the disembarkation sheet, but have only found the dailies

I do believe that is the main deck for disembarking in Bayonne. When we do the express walk off we're home in about 35 minutes. The only "crazy part" of express walk off is all the folks who want to be "first " off the ship and drag their luggage over your feet so their closest to the exit.

Hmm good to know. Do you know the earliest you can get off not doing the express walk off?

Oh DH will be soo upset. ..although I am sure he wont go hungry. He is a chef and besides all the yummy food he saw he likes all the carvings and details they put into the setup and layout. He says it shows off the chefs passions. On HAL we did their dessert extravaganza. ..he was in heaven with all the neat ways and things they made the chocolate, fruit and breads into...plus of course then he got to eat them. He even asked and was a able to take pics with some if the ones who made the creations.

I have fond memories of Celebrity's Midnight Buffet... such an elegant and sumptuous affair! They would open the doors a half hour early for photographers. It was truly spectacular!

Patsy

Yeah no we would have more than that. Is X like princess where they assign colored luggage tags and then assign you to a certain meeting spot to disembark. .i have been looking to see if anyone has posted the disembarkation sheet, but have only found the dailies

Generally they assign the colored tags by deck unless you have an early flight or request an early time. They will ask in the middle of the week for flight times. They are not as OCD as Princess. On Princess I have had to beg for different tags. Celebrity guest relations are pretty easy about changing the tags. They don't make announcements. The put the times for each group on the departure sheet that will be placed in the cabin on Saturday. Go to the gangway at the time for your tag. They usually have asked that cabins be vacated by 8:00 and then wait in a public area.

Generally they assign the colored tags by deck unless you have an early flight or request an early time. They will ask in the middle of the week for flight times. They are not as OCD as Princess. On Princess I have had to beg for different tags. Celebrity guest relations are pretty easy about changing the tags. They don't make announcements. The put the times for each group on the departure sheet that will be placed in the cabin on Saturday. Go to the gangway at the time for your tag. They usually have asked that cabins be vacated by 8:00 and then wait in a public area.

Ok great...thanks. Do you happen to recall when the first colored tag time is? I mistakenly booked a flight at 12:15pm and am now trying to make sure i can get off in time to catch our shuttle to the EWR airport. Our hotel offers this shuttle and picks up at 8, 9, 11, noon and 1. We are hoping to catch that 9am shuttle...does that sound feasible without doing the express walk off?

Ok great...thanks. Do you happen to recall when the first colored tag time is? I mistakenly booked a flight at 12:15pm and am now trying to make sure i can get off in time to catch our shuttle to the EWR airport. Our hotel offers this shuttle and picks up at 8, 9, 11, noon and 1. We are hoping to catch that 9am shuttle...does that sound feasible without doing the express walk off?

It sounds feasible. We got off at 8:30 last year and we didn't request any special time. We were on deck 3 and in the middle of the debark. You can request an early departure and be one of the first off after the express walk off. I think express walk off was at 7:30 last year.

Edited by Charles4515

Charles, thank you... that is what i was looking for...I feel a bit better. Will see what times they offer this year for normal procedure and if we have to do express then we will head out early to get to the deck of disembarkation and hopefully be able to use the elevators and then just sit and chill in one of the public areas till we can walk off with luggage if the other times are not good.

Charles, thank you... that is what i was looking for...I feel a bit better. Will see what times they offer this year for normal procedure and if we have to do express then we will head out early to get to the deck of disembarkation and hopefully be able to use the elevators and then just sit and chill in one of the public areas till we can walk off with luggage if the other times are not good.

With a 12:15pm flight, there is absolutely no need to walk off the ship with your luggage, unless you want to sit around the airport for 4 hours waiting for your flight. Newark Liberty is only 15-20 minutes from the port.

As I recall, disembarkation luggage tags are numbered. You will receive your tags in your stateroom 2 days before you disembark along with a sheet of paper giving disembark times based on what numbered tag you receive.

I would have a nice leisurely breakfast and get off the ship by 9am, get your luggage, go thru immigration, and you should be at the airport no later than 9:45am which will give you plenty of time to check in, go thru security, and get to your gate for your 12:15 flight.

If you miss your shuttle to the airport, take a taxi.

All that sounds good except our shuttle would have been paid for already so if we miss the 9am shuttle and have to take something else that is money wasted.

Just adjust the disembarkation time for whatever works for you.