New Amenities Added to Concierge Class

Andy

Hi Everyone,

Looks like Celebrity has added 4 new amenities to Concierge Class. Details can be found here : http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/staterooms-concierge-class-stateroom

The 4 new amenities are :

• NEW Dedicated Onboard Concierge desk

• NEW Concierge availability during pier check-in

• NEW Exclusive Destination Seminar arranged by the Concierge

• NEW Exclusive Welcome Aboard Concierge Class Lunch in the Main Restaurant (11:30am - 1:00pm)

IMO, I doubt this will be enough for anyone to consider booking Concierge Class solely for the new items... unless you already enjoy the exisiting Concierge Class amenties. Of the 4 updates, I like the Welcome Aboard Lunch the most. FWIW, this was available on Eclipse a few weeks ago. However, as my Sister was not booked in Concierge, we opted not to try this new amenity.

With that said, we enjoy Concierge Class very much, and it's nice to see that Celebrity is working to upgrade the experience.

Hi Everyone,

Looks like Celebrity has added 4 new amenities to Concierge Class. Details can be found here : http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/staterooms-concierge-class-stateroom

• NEW Exclusive Welcome Aboard Concierge Class Lunch in the Main Restaurant (11:30am - 1:00pm)

IMO, I doubt this will be enough for anyone to consider booking Concierge Class solely for the new items... unless you already enjoy the exisiting Concierge Class amenties. Of the 4 updates, I like the Welcome Aboard Lunch the most. FWIW, this was available on Eclipse a few weeks ago. However, as my Sister was not booked in Concierge, we opted not to try this new amenity.

With that said, we enjoy Concierge Class very much, and it's nice to see that Celebrity is working to upgrade the experience.

No big deal

The Welcome Aboard lunch is a nice benefit. I wish Celebrity would consider including AQ passengers or opening BLU up for lunch.

Marie

Yes Blu open for lunch would be nice but I was not particularly bothered by crowds a the buffet last cruise.

Is the burger place open also?

Can't anyone eat lunch in the MDR on embarkation day?? :confused: Guess I assumed it was possible (I cruise more often on Princess and am used to that).

No, and it is strictly enforced. We traveled with friends last month on the Constellation who were in CC class. We were in an OV. We were not able to dine with them. I understood, of course. I only knew they were offering lunch for CC'ers because I read it on the forum here. It was their first Celebrity cruise, and I insisted they enjoy this perk, and meet up later. They really enjoyed it. I do not recall the menu particulars, but, I believe they had a choice of about 5 main dishes. Our next cruise is on the Summit in July and we are AQ. I would love if they would include AQ. To be honest, it makes no sense to offer this for CC, and lunch in Luminae for the suite crowd, but, nothing for AQ. They could easily include AQ.

Marie

Edited by FlorenceItaly

I just had a side by side look at CC vs. AQ on the Celebrity web site and it looks like a lot of the CC benefits that AQ got have been removed. It looks like they are moving away from AQ being CC + other benefits and instead having a different set of benefits. hmmmm.

Thanks Andy, for the heads up! We book Concierge Class when the cost is attractive to us ($50 to $100 PP), & despite the many here who poo poo the CC perks, we do enjoy the extra room on M class, the daily delivered hors d'oeuvres, welcome bubbly, & other little touches. Sometimes it seems like Concierge Class is a step child, & it's nice to see Celebrity make an attempt to make it more attractive; particularly the luncheon.

c

Hi Everyone,

Always appreciate your updated information. Aqua Class usually gets all the same perks as Concierge Class, could you get confirmation that we will be able to go to the embarkation luncheon in the MDR too:)

Does Aqua Class get to use the MDR for embarkation lunch? It'd be annoying if not, since it's supposed to get all the same benefits as Concierge.

So be prepared to be annoyed, its off to the buffet for you...and NO AQ does not get the same as CC, most yes but not all....enjoy the buffet! :p