New Amenities Added to Concierge Class

Andy

Our preferred stateroom category is Aqua, I don't expect everyone to agree with us. We find the biggest perk in Aqua is Blu for the lighter fare and the fantastic service. The other perks are just a bonus for us and we use and enjoy them all including the "afternoon savories" and infused teas that every one seems to hate.

And everyone has their own experiences. We booked Aqua on one cruise so we could eat in Blu, and service was among the worst I've ever had on a cruise. I'm all for lingering over dinner, but 25 minutes between courses was a bit much. And the food was only so-so. Breakfast, however, was very good.

This will be our first time in Concierge, so I'm looking forward to it.

I know that Celebrity has been struggling for some time with how to make this stateroom class be worth the money. I would like to see some actual value items that would be enjoyed by all passengers booking in Concierge Class. The larger stateroom on M class has no equivalent on S class. The bubbly in the stateroom goes to all Concierge Class customers and they need more things of this nature -- things that set Concierge Class apart.

But look at what they have now added -- Concierge services which you might want to take advantage of, but might never need. An opportunity to listen to a sales pitch. An invitation to lunch, if you happen to get on the ship before lunchtime is over and if everyone in your party has booked Concierge Class.

And in fact hasn't there been a Concierge on board for many years? Or will this now be an actual dedicated Concierge who will work only with Concierge Class passengers, unavailable to the rest of the passengers?

This, in my opinion, is not enough to set Concierge Class apart from the general staterooms.

Finally, I agree that Celebrity needs to clarify the Aqua Class/Concierge Class status, once and for all. Does Aqua Class include all the perks of Concierge Class? Or doesn't it?

Will it works to give an extral point on Captain Club ?:confused:

6 points instead of 5 per day.

Edited by iSailor

I think this is mostly in the minds of AQ pax as they want to feel "one grade above" when in actuality its just a different set of perks in the same cabin as Concierge and on Solstice Class the same as every other balcony cabin onboard....to me its a pick your perks decision, we could care less about BLU or Persian Garden but do enjoy the Concierge Class amenities and the additional Captains Club points so we prefer Concierge Class.

This entire "class war debate" began even before anyone had ever cruised in AQ when Solstice was being built and X posted the AQ amenities on their web site.....within a day of being posted the pax who had future AQ booked began whining here that as they had a "grade above" or "superior cabin" to concierge that they were "appalled" that Concierge Class cabins had perks that AQ did not...eventually X did add most if not all of the Concierge Class perks to AQ before Solstice even sailed on their 1st cruise and the AQ pax were able to continue their "one class above" feelings......until now apparently... LOL ..sorry AQ, its off to the buffet for you on embarkation day! :p

Wow, you are really re-writing history with this and your other posts. From day 1 that Solstice was introduced AQ received all benefits of CC. It was written in all the brochures and on the Web site. I have been on this board since its inception and do not remember any complaints at that time because Celebrity clearly stated that Aqua got all benefits of CC. That sentence was removed about a year ago.

Secondly, you mentioned about others eating in Blu and the Blu patrons complaining. You also have that mixed up. Celebrity has never allowed anyone else to eat in Blu except for Suite passengers. I know this from early on as I asked Lois to go to breakfast with the wife and I in Blu and they politely told me she could not. Actually in the beginning of Blu the only people who could eat there were AQ passengers, suites were not even allowed to eat there until at least a year later.

Celebrity does consider AQ to be a class above CC, simple as that.

Edited by dkjretired

Just to pass on Celebrity giveth and they take away. The new CC benefits are in place, please note they have removed from the web site the entry about getting an upgraded breakfast menu.

Hi --

We were recently on the Connie (CC) Rome to Venice, and although we'd lost some of the old perks, the upgraded breakfast menu was still in place. We enjoyed it a number of times :)

Hi --

We were recently on the Connie (CC) Rome to Venice, and although we'd lost some of the old perks, the upgraded breakfast menu was still in place. We enjoyed it a number of times :)

Thanks for posting;it's good to know :).

Hi --

Someone on this thread posted on May 9th that it was on the web site. Since that date, it has been removed. Same thing happened last year when they removed the line on the web site that stated AQ gets all benefits of CC plus. Just pointing this out. Personally I don't see a big difference from the regular breakfast room service menu. This year same thing with AQ waters... Just keep an eye on it.

Edited by dkjretired

The perks seemed to have changed again!!

We have a september cruise booked on Relfection. This time we booded AQ as we fancied the use of the persion gardens and dining in blue.

Our last cruise was CC and even though we enjoyed it, the spa was a big bonus for us

Checking the uk web site i now see AQ is listed as having access to the relaxation room only..not the persion gardens!

I realy don't understand how we can book one thing and then when we turn up discover we have lost one of the main reasons we booked that class of cabin.

Also notice that 'welcome water' is listed rather than sparking wine! Not important for us, but it may be for some people.

We have a september cruise booked on Relfection. This time we booded AQ as we fancied the use of the persion gardens and dining in blue.

Our last cruise was CC and even though we enjoyed it, the spa was a big bonus for us

Checking the uk web site i now see AQ is listed as having access to the relaxation room only..not the persion gardens!

I realy don't understand how we can book one thing and then when we turn up discover we have lost one of the main reasons we booked that class of cabin.

Also notice that 'welcome water' is listed rather than sparking wine! Not important for us, but it may be for some people.

I just checked the US website and the Persian Gardens is still listed as a perk for AQ. The welcome bottle of sparkling wine I did not see listed. As dkjretired noted, AQ used to get all the benefits of CC but I guess that has now changed.

The UK site still says that you will receive an expanded room service menu in CC.

Also says that in AQ you have access to the relaxation rooms (on Solstice Class only) and the Persian Gardens.

Thnks for that, I think I miss understood the wording on the web site.

It says:

Amenities

Complimentary access to the Persian Garden and Relaxation Room (Relaxation Room on Solstice Class only)

I wrongly ( I hope) interpreted that as you only got use of the relaxation room on solstice class boats.

GRR That would make me pretty mad, we have a CC cabin coming up in 3 weeks and the expanded breakfast menu in addition to the cabin location is what made CC worth it to us when we booked it a year ago. Now they're charging it?

Thnks for that, I think I miss understood the wording on the web site.

It says:

Amenities

Complimentary access to the Persian Garden and Relaxation Room (Relaxation Room on Solstice Class only)

I wrongly ( I hope) interpreted that as you only got use of the relaxation room on solstice class boats.

Relaxation room is only on Solstice ships., not on M class ships.

Relaxation room is only on Solstice ships., not on M class ships.

I wonder if the term "relaxation room" is being misinterpreted as meaning the room that the heated loungers are in (the persian garden) vs the actual room that just has the regular cushioned loungers and some infused water?

I wonder if the term "relaxation room" is being misinterpreted as meaning the room that the heated loungers are in (the persian garden) vs the actual room that just has the regular cushioned loungers and some infused water?

You are right, I've seen posts in the past where they thought they were the same room. They are definitely two different rooms, relaxation room is free and right outside the Spa while Persian Gardens is a pay facility unless you are in Aqua Class. Also, as stated in the web site, Relaxation is only physically on the Solstice Class ships. They did not retrofit them on the M class ships when they did the Solstice makeovers.

I have been on both classes and have been in the Relaxation room on the S class ships. Its not a big deal, just a room with fancy seats that looks out into the ocean. Originally, the web site stated it was exclusively for AQ patrons but that has also been removed. On my last couple of cruise anyone used it and there was not policing. It is also used as a waiting room for spa appointments.

Edited by dkjretired

GRR That would make me pretty mad, we have a CC cabin coming up in 3 weeks and the expanded breakfast menu in addition to the cabin location is what made CC worth it to us when we booked it a year ago. Now they're charging it?

Don't worry, the breakfast menu now with the exception of a couple of things is pretty much the same for the entire ship.

I just checked the US website and the Persian Gardens is still listed as a perk for AQ. The welcome bottle of sparkling wine I did not see listed. As dkjretired noted, AQ used to get all the benefits of CC but I guess that has now changed.

You now get "Welcome Blanc de Blancs sparkling wine with a commemorative label featuring exclusive art work" in Concierge, but " Welcome bottled water" in Aqua.

Seriously? when something is listed as a perk when I book, I expect it to be there when I get to my cabin. If this isn't just another example of incompetence by the website team then it's a good way to alienate a lot of customers.

While it is not free I would suggest you (and others driving-by this post) try it on embarkment day. We have done it several times an absolutely love how it starts the cruise off for us. Plenty of tables, plenty of servers and plenty of relaxation. Sure it is a $10 pp upcharge....but with the crazy OBC's we've been getting..it's well worth the extra charge to avoid Oceanview.

Cheers,

Tom

While it is not free I would suggest you (and others driving-by this post) try it on embarkment day. We have done it several times an absolutely love how it starts the cruise off for us. Plenty of tables, plenty of servers and plenty of relaxation. Sure it is a $10 pp upcharge....but with the crazy OBC's we've been getting..it's well worth the extra charge to avoid Oceanview.

Cheers,

Tom

I agree, unfortunately they are gradually getting rid of Bistro and making it a Sushi Bar.:(