Vista I am worried

Been seeing pictures of Vista Liquid Lounge it looks so small nothing like other Carnival ships. I am booked on the Vista but a tiny main lounge could be a deal breaker for me what in the world is Carnival thinking[/b]:eek:

the reason for deal breaker for me is i have been cruising with carnival for more than 20 years, since then nothing but cuts first no band anymore for shows then small shows with just a few people now main lounge not any bigger then the comedy club looks more like a bar than a theater

I don't like what they've done with turning the theater into a multi use lounge at all. Its absolutely hideous and unnecessary. All those random chairs scattered across the floor are an eyesore.

They seem determined to keep at it unfortunately so it is what it is.

I don't think the shows are any shorter though. Generally 45 minutes or so.

the reason for deal breaker for me is i have been cruising with carnival for more than 20 years, since then nothing but cuts first no band anymore for shows then small shows with just a few people now main lounge not any bigger then the comedy club looks more like a bar than a theater

Why did you even bother to book the cruise? :eek:

You're seriously thinking of canceling a cruise on the newest ship with so many amazing features because you don't like the way they designed the theater. Where you might spend one hour of your day, if that?

You're seriously thinking of canceling a cruise on the newest ship with so many amazing features because you don't like the way they designed the theater. Where you might spend one hour of your day, if that?

You beat me to it. Amazing

Been seeing pictures of Vista Liquid Lounge it looks so small nothing like other Carnival ships. I am booked on the Vista but a tiny main lounge could be a deal breaker for me what in the world is Carnival thinking[/b]:eek:

Maybe Carnival has come to the realization that some people don't cruise for the sedentary anymore and are more interested in having space dedicated to more physical activities. Personally I haven't been to any cruise line's theater in years...other things grab my time and attention.

Haven't seen actual pictures of the Lounge, but isn't seating over 2 decks?

And why would making use of such a large space for other entertainment when not in use for a main show be a concern?

So OP may wish to head over to RCCL where you pay more per person for the cruise, where the only bottled water they sell is Evian at $45 for a 12 pack! Plus every sitdown restaurant, outside the main dining room costs more than Carnival's Steakhouse. And the food isn't as good.

Plus you share tinier clubs with way more passengers.

Not a Carnival apologist (DW likes RCCL) just stating that using these nitpicky diatribes against any cruise lines as being the primary "dealbreakers" the posters miss the cruise forest for the branch they stumbled over and could have side stepped.

I'm in complete agreement with the OP on this. I think the shrunken theater looks terrible, and definitely not what I would like to see for a theater. That, in addition to how tiny it is. They tried this with the Destiny/Sunshine, and now they are obviously continuing it. The thought of many of us has been that the shows are so much worse now, that fewer people will want to go, and therefore a tiny theater will be big enough. No disrespect intended for those that enjoy Playlist Productions. There are many that do like it & even like it better than the old style, but that definitely does not seem to be the prevailing opinion. Smaller crowds showing up for Playlist shows. People on the Sunshine have reported showing up to the show 1 minute before it starts and having tons of seats to choose from, while with the old style shows, you had to show up 30+ minutes early for a good seat, and the place was almost totally packed 10 minutes before it started.

I think that Playlist shows are about 30 minutes long, while the old style shows were 1 hour. I have not heard of any ships doing 3 showings per night. I thought it was still 2 a night.

For those that don't understand why this would be a dealbreaker to the OP, it's just simply a difference of opinions in what we're looking for in a cruise. For some people, the lack of a certain brand of hamburger would be a dealbreaker. That is certainly not me and my mind cannot comprehend that, but that's how it is for them, and I respect that. We all have different dealbreakers. Yes, the Vista does have a lot of good stuff going for it, but it also took some other things away. The additions will appeal to some people, while the subtractions will be a turnoff to others.

Vista lounge does not look any smaller then the Breeze Lounge. Two decks of seats on both. The vista does have some removable seats on the first level up front, but I don't think that cuts down on capacity for a stage show. The removable seats does allow them to use this space for other activities though.

There are now 3 times for the shows. There are 5 new shows and I understand more live music with them. Chill and wait for the reviews to come out. So far, the ship looks amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Vista lounge does not look any smaller then the Breeze Lounge. Two decks of seats on both. The vista does have some removable seats on the first level up front, but I don't think that cuts down on capacity for a stage show. The removable seats does allow them to use this space for other activities though.

The Breeze has three decks of seats. Vista had 2 decks just like the Sunshine.

The Vista's theater capacity is comparable to that of the Breeze, Dream and Magic. I don't understand how it can be called "tiny" or "shrunken".

It appears to be constructed differently to be more adaptable to a variety of functions (not just stage shows).

Once again, we have speculation that something different will be a colossal failure. Some people will like the change; others will not.

Perhaps Carnival should have made the Vista exactly like it's three previously constructed ships. I'm sure no one would have any complaints had that been done. ;)

And for the other 24 hours there's a huge empty room using space.

wow....I don't think I have ever made a decision to go on a cruise based upon what the theater looks like on the ship.......so basically you forget the itinerary and base your decision on the theater....I guess to each his own.

People on the Sunshine have reported showing up to the show 1 minute before it starts and having tons of seats to choose from, while with the old style shows, you had to show up 30+ minutes early for a good seat, and the place was almost totally packed 10 minutes before it started..

People complain about how crowded the Sunshine is (although we didn't feel at all uncomfortable in any area in January) and we found that there were lots of empty seats for the shows in the Liquid Lounge. There was no need to go early to get a seat.

Thus, I can see why Carnival didn't make it huge on the new ship. Shows are more like High School musicals and not the quality they once were - even on HAL and RCCL - so there doesn't seem to be any urgency to get all the way forward to the theatre on any of the cruises we've taken the past few years.

I'm in complete agreement with the OP on this. I think the shrunken theater looks terrible, and definitely not what I would like to see for a theater. That, in addition to how tiny it is. They tried this with the Destiny/Sunshine, and now they are obviously continuing it. The thought of many of us has been that the shows are so much worse now, that fewer people will want to go, and therefore a tiny theater will be big enough. No disrespect intended for those that enjoy Playlist Productions. There are many that do like it & even like it better than the old style, but that definitely does not seem to be the prevailing opinion. Smaller crowds showing up for Playlist shows. People on the Sunshine have reported showing up to the show 1 minute before it starts and having tons of seats to choose from, while with the old style shows, you had to show up 30+ minutes early for a good seat, and the place was almost totally packed 10 minutes before it started.

I think that Playlist shows are about 30 minutes long, while the old style shows were 1 hour. I have not heard of any ships doing 3 showings per night. I thought it was still 2 a night.

For those that don't understand why this would be a dealbreaker to the OP, it's just simply a difference of opinions in what we're looking for in a cruise. For some people, the lack of a certain brand of hamburger would be a dealbreaker. That is certainly not me and my mind cannot comprehend that, but that's how it is for them, and I respect that. We all have different dealbreakers. Yes, the Vista does have a lot of good stuff going for it, but it also took some other things away. The additions will appeal to some people, while the subtractions will be a turnoff to others.

I agree that attendance is down. We were on the 21 day B2B Pride Journeys cruises. The attendance at the shows was the worst I have ever seen. One night just before the show began, there were just under 50 people in the balcony and less than half of the lower level seats were occupied. There were even many empty seats in the middle section of the front row. The best attended show was a fill in show where Ken Bryne, the Maitre D, sang because the sea was too rough for the scheduled Playlist Production.

I agree that attendance is down. We were on the 21 day B2B Pride Journeys cruises. The attendance at the shows was the worst I have ever seen. One night just before the show began, there were just under 50 people in the balcony and less than half of the lower level seats were occupied. There were even many empty seats in the middle section of the front row. The best attended show was a fill in show where Ken Bryne, the Maitre D, sang because the sea was too rough for the scheduled Playlist Production.

Cruising is changing and evolving, this one area that Carnival has drawn a line in the sand on. It is what it is.