UBP and speciality Coffees

mvaughan

Hello all. We are planning a NCL Epic cruise next March. They offered us the UBP. Is there a spot to get Lattes or cappuccino as part in f the UBP? Thanks

Nope. The Terms and Conditions for the UBP specifically exclude specialty coffees from the UBP. There is a spot to get a latte (the coffee bar in the atrium if I remember the layout of the Epic correctly), but you have to pay extra.

Our last Getaway trip on the drink list at the atrium bar they had several coffee/booze drinks. I just ordered one of those and the bartender walked over to the fancy coffee area and used the good stuff to mix the drink. So you can get the good coffee with a spike using the UBP.

I think they need to look up "Ultimate".

Silly that I can have a $12 alcoholic drink (or two) but not a $4 coffee.

Hmmm for sure...Having sailed on Princess and recently on X with the "Classic Beverage Package" we drank all the good coffee we wanted to. Disappointing now to say the least.

Our last Getaway trip on the drink list at the atrium bar they had several coffee/booze drinks. I just ordered one of those and the bartender walked over to the fancy coffee area and used the good stuff to mix the drink. So you can get the good coffee with a spike using the UBP.

That's what I did too. If I wanted a fancy coffee, I just got it with a shot of booze. Bam. Included in UBP. I figured... I'm on vacation, nothing wrong with drinking before 10am...

As I've posted in other threads, there were times in the morning or afternoon where I was with my family in the Atrium for trivia or balloon animal making, etc. and all I wanted was a cup of plain black coffee.

I was repeatedly told that I could either buy a cup of coffee at the Latte Bar (or whatever they call it on the Escape), or they could bring me a cup of coffee with a shot of Bailey's on the side that I didn't have to drink. "Ummm ok, can you just pretend that you poured me a shot, so you don't waste alcohol?" "Sorry sir, we can't do that."

That's what I did too. If I wanted a fancy coffee, I just got it with a shot of booze. Bam. Included in UBP. I figured... I'm on vacation, nothing wrong with drinking before 10am...

It's 5:00 somewhere.....lol

Even with just a shot of Bailey's?

That worked?

What a stupid policy if so.

As I've posted in other threads, there were times in the morning or afternoon where I was with my family in the Atrium for trivia or balloon animal making, etc. and all I wanted was a cup of plain black coffee.

I was repeatedly told that I could either buy a cup of coffee at the Latte Bar (or whatever they call it on the Escape), or they could bring me a cup of coffee with a shot of Bailey's on the side that I didn't have to drink. "Ummm ok, can you just pretend that you poured me a shot, so you don't waste alcohol?" "Sorry sir, we can't do that."

Does it work with bottled water too?

"Hi, yes I would like shot of Bailey's with a bottled water chaser, please."

So dumb.

We're getting the "free" UBP on the Dawn this summer. I'd probably skip most of the booze and drink fancy coffee all day if that was included :) I'll have to try the coffee with booze idea though :)

No guilt here, lol. I plan to start every day with a mimosa or three....

I was wondering if they would give the liquor on the side. That's pretty clever, and good to know!

No guilt here, lol. I plan to start every day with a mimosa or three....

I will have a mimosa with a black coffee back, and a shot of Kahlua on the side. Thanks to a savvy waiter he told us to order our "shot on the side" so we could add as much or little to our fancy coffee. Well why didn't I think of that...I can choose to dump in the booze or not. Ok I always dumped in the booze but it is nice to know.