Limited Time Offer 20% Beverage Package Special Offer

Sailing on Oasis Of The Seas - 28th May 2016

We purchased the following beverage packages on 1st March 2016

All prices indicated below are in USD

Ultimate Beverage Package x 1

Premium Package x 1

Paid a total of $892.08 for both which includes taxes and gratuities.

Found recently that R.C.I were offering a 20% limited time special offer so I called them to ask for the discount.

They had to cancel my previous order by crediting my credit card the $892.08

They then charged my credit card:-

$446.04 for the Ultimate beverage package special offer

$388.22 for the Premium beverage package special offer

Grand total of $834.26

According to my math - I only received a 6.5% discount.

Are R.C.I wrongly advertising 20% discount offer?

Premium Package x 1

Found recently that R.C.I were offering a 20% limited time special offer so I called them to ask for the discount.

Grand total of $834.26

It looks to me like only the Premium package has the discount, not the Ultimate.

And welcome to Cruise Critic. :)

Thanks Merion_Mom [emoji106]

Ultimate package originally paid $487.34 - Now charged $446.04 - Discount = 8.4%

Shouldn't the new price at 20% discount be $389.88?

Looks like I've been overcharged by $56.16

Premium package originally paid $404.74 - Now charged $388.22 - Discount = 4.1%

Shouldn't the new price at 20% discount be $323.80?

Looks like I've been overcharged by $64.42

Just trying to get some feed back on whether R.C.I are falsely advertising 20% discount on there beverage packages.

Thanks Merion_Mom [emoji106]

Ultimate package originally paid $487.34 - Now charged $446.04 - Discount = 8.4%

Shouldn't the new price at 20% discount be $389.88?

Looks like I've been overcharged by $56.16

Premium package originally paid $404.74 - Now charged $388.22 - Discount = 4.1%

Shouldn't the new price at 20% discount be $323.80?

Looks like I've been overcharged by $64.42

Just trying to get some feed back on whether R.C.I are falsely advertising 20% discount on there beverage packages.

I posted a few days ago about the Premium 20% discount not being accurate on the website when I was thinking about ordering it...the true 'retail' price is somewhat a mystery , and what was listed as regular price of $49/day online at the end of April.. and the discounted price of $47/day..just doesn't add up to 20%? For sure...

David:D

Edited by CHAMPDDS

Maybe it is time to contact the Florida Attorney General again? There have been an awful lot of posts recently about their fuzzy math on drink package discounts. :rolleyes:

Pretty sure they raised the base price when they began the phantom 20% off sale. It probably is 20% off of a price that is about 15-18% higher then the old price -- before the sale started.

mac_tlc

For our upcoming cruise on the Serenade of the Seas leaving on May 29th, we booked the premium package and received 20% off. The math worked out correctly for us.

Originally premium package listed for $49 plus 18% gratuity per day for 7 nights would have been $404.74.

We paid $323.00 for the package. So the math works out there. No problem for us.

I think the issue with most people is not understanding the automatic 18% gratuity per day.

Rep told me it's 20% off the current ON BOARD price for your cruise. Funny cause they never advertise that the prepay online price is already discounted. I've read on cc that the price is the same but sometimes a discount promo on board the ship is offered. :confused: hmmmmmmmmmmm

Do you really think you are going to drink $835 worth of alcohol on one voyage?

I bet if you just paid for the drinks as you went it would be closer to $350..

I can see how you got to 5K posts......with your options.

Anyways, my first cruise, bar bill end was just under $1,200

Royal Majesty June 1996 Boston - Bermuda

Premium Package x 1

Grand total of $834.26

We are only the same sailing with you. They only discounted the Premium $2 from 49 to 47 with grats. They discounted the Ultimate a little more, but not the true 20%. When I called they said they raised the prices for the summer. Sure.

With all the complaint calls and posts to their FB page, they are now claiming it's off the Onboard Price. We will see when we sail in 2 weeks. But Bugsy, who is doing a Live Review on Oasis now, posted a picture of the drink packaging prices and you can still get the Premium for $49 and the Ultimate was $59 on the Oasis this week. We'll see if this changes in a few weeks.

Look forward to sailing. We leave in exactly 2 weeks from today. Staying a few days before in FLL.

Pretty sure they raised the base price when they began the phantom 20% off sale. It probably is 20% off of a price that is about 15-18% higher then the old price -- before the sale started.

mac_tlc

This! The premium price on my cruise went from $39 to $44 in one day (I hadn't bought the package, was just checking). I think the base price is now $54.

Do you really think you are going to drink $835 worth of alcohol on one voyage?

I bet if you just paid for the drinks as you went it would be closer to $350..

I'm with you on this, paying as i go even $800 is a joke!

They have raised the prices online as well. Looked at my Harmony sailing in Jan.'17 and it now shows Ultimate $67, Premium $57, Select $42. No longer the 59/49/39 like it was when i sailed Anthem last month. The price they are showing now is the price with the 20% off already included, very misleading.

And still not correct either on their website. This is what it should be.

New prices Ultimate $67.00 - 13.40(20%) = 53.60 + 9.65(18%) = 63.25 daily, Premium $57.00 - 11.40(20%) = 45.60 + 8.21(18%) = 53.81 daily, Select $42.00 - 8.40(20%) = 33.60 + 6.05(18%) = 39.65 daily. So for a 7 day cruise Ultimate $442.75, Premium $376.67, Select $277.55.

They have raised the prices online as well. Looked at my Harmony sailing in Jan.'17 and it now shows Ultimate $67, Premium $57, Select $42. No longer the 59/49/39 like it was when i sailed Anthem last month. The price they are showing now is the price with the 20% off already included, very misleading.

the january harmony prices are not part of the 20% sale and the prices you show include gratuities. if you go through and book and go to check out you will see that the gratuities were already included.

I was looking into purchasing the Premium Package onboard because I got a substantial amount of OBC.

With this situation, I am somewhat nervous as to what the price will be when we board the Oasis in August.

If what is being offered at 20% discount ($388.22) reflects a true increase in the package's price, then that means when (if) I purchase it using my OBC it will cost me $465.86.

(Not too much of an increase from the "current" un-discounted price, but the lack of communication/information freaks me out)

Sorry for the rant lol.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just finished buying the premium package yesterday for the so called 20% off which in essence was only $2 of the current advertised price of $49 before gratuity of 18% for my next weeks Liberty of the Seas (that price shows up on their dining guide currently posted on their website). The agent couldn't explain why it wasn't 20% of the current $49/day offered price. Just kept saying that she heard they are now offering different pricing based on ship location ext. However, I just saw on ship pricing for the beverage packages for Liberty of the seas for the May 1st to 8th sailing (via cruise compass), which was still $49. I told her that it looks like they are increasing the price to then show a 20% discount, and it looks like a total scam! The agent told me that when I get on the ship, if the price is still the $49/day before gratuity, then if she was me, she would complain and ask for a refund!! RCCL should be better than this! If anybody knows what the current on ship pricing is for Liberty of Seas (since May 8th, 2016), please post it . Thanks.

I have just finished buying the premium package yesterday for the so called 20% off which in essence was only $2 of the current advertised price of $49 before gratuity of 18% for my next weeks Liberty of the Seas (that price shows up on their dining guide currently posted on their website). The agent couldn't explain why it wasn't 20% of the current $49/day offered price. Just kept saying that she heard they are now offering different pricing based on ship location ext. However, I just saw on ship pricing for the beverage packages for Liberty of the seas for the May 1st to 8th sailing (via cruise compass), which was still $49. I told her that it looks like they are increasing the price to then show a 20% discount, and it looks like a total scam! The agent told me that when I get on the ship, if the price is still the $49/day before gratuity, then if she was me, she would complain and ask for a refund!! RCCL should be better than this! If anybody knows what the current on ship pricing is for Liberty of Seas (since May 8th, 2016), please post it . Thanks.

We were just on liberty of the seas and the one package we were considering before boarding was $55 and is now $44

We were just on liberty of the seas and the one package we were considering before boarding was $55 and is now $44

Is it $44 onboard? Because that is what the pre-purchase price (20% off) is for our September Liberty cruise. The one you are on as well. It is in our Cruise Planners. The total for the Premium Package is $363.44.

I guess the discount didn't show up prior to your May cruise?

I was on the Oasis 2 weeks ago. The premium drink package was $49 (plus 18% gratuities) per day in the cruise planner. Two days before the sailing the price was reduced to $39 (plus gratuities). Since cruise planner sales stops 3 days prior to cruise the sale price couldn't be purchased. It was a useless discount..

Onboard the premium package was being sold for $49 (plus gratuities). On the back of the drink menu the premium package is advertised for $49 a day except for the menu in Jazz on 4. The premium package was listed as $59 a day (plus gratuities). I assumed this was an old menu since everywhere else it's sold for $49 a day.

On a upcoming HOS the PP is 20% off, which is $47 (plus gratuities) a day.

The 20% sale price for the premium package should be $39 a day. I like RC but I don't like the way they screw around with prices to falsely advertise a sale.

The 20% sale price for the premium package should be $39 a day. I like RC but I don't like the way they screw around with prices to falsely advertise a sale.

I don't either...and the prices and so-called discounts are all over the place with pricing. :rolleyes: